Review Geelong defeats WB at Kp by 44 points

Remove this Banner Ad

“Smiths stupid haircut”

Isn’t Tom Stewart’s pretty similar?

I’ll reply with the following words of wisdom from male aficionados, honourable Geelong Board posters 💕

I was very impressed with Bailey Smith. Looks the best midfielder from that draft
Worst hair though, OR best bogan hair, if you’re still into mullets.

Absolutely not. Smith's is a total mullet.
I don't mind it though. It's good to have some Footscray heritage. Brings me back to the Danny Southern days.

For those who are too young to know Danny Southern, voted the worst mullet in AFL history
3E52553B-34D0-4DB6-995A-11FC4F31BCCB.jpeg

Long hair with a fringe vs a bogan mullet?

Yeah nah

Hey yeah, you’re right!

View attachment 678042

Not that it matters does it? But let’s not pretend that his hair looks much better. Found it bizzare watching him criticise him on field for it while he was holding his long hair back with a headband.

Let’s be honest only a bogan on meth would love smith’s haircut

And the headband is to keep his hair out of his eye you *******

Glad you explained that to Cadillac - thanks SC

What? You couldn't be more wrong.
👍🏻

Don’t you compare Tom’s beautiful blonde locks with bogan Bailey who looks like his hairdresser at Sunshine Plaza dropped the scissors halfway through when the salon got raided by the cops.
😹😹😹

Problem is, you have nfi about the history, nor the honour of the Stewart/Blicavs hair with the headband. It’s only for Geelong ‘Hairy Men’! Only the hardest Geelong players can have it.
Anyone can sport a bogan mullet + add shaved bits, it’s been done ad nauseum! Nothing original about it, at all!
The origin of the Geelong ‘Hairy Men’ haircut began with Rooke, Mooney et al + you cannot get harder than Rooke, still Stewart is very close!

1558496841657.jpeg

Stewart found Smith’s shaved sides hilarious, just like many of us did!

Random question, but does anyone know how Champion Data defines goal assists? I'm trying to work out why GAJ wasn't credited with a goal assist for our first goal against the Bulldogs. Doesn't seem to make sense to me given that he deliberately centred the ball in Rohan's direction and Rohan promptly took the mark and goaled. What am I missing?
Not sure if answered, still catching up. From the AFL website:

"Creating a goal by getting the ball to a teammate either via a disposal, knock-on, ground kick or hitout, or by winning a free kick before the advantage is paid to the goal scorer."
https://m.afl.com.au/news/2017-12-28/stats-glossary-every-stat-explained

So, after reviewing the footage, it sounds like it should have been. The mark was paid after a clean disposal from Ablett. My only guess is that it was missed by the collector. CD will tidy that up before too long, though.

Not sure if answered, still catching up. From the AFL website:

"Creating a goal by getting the ball to a teammate either via a disposal, knock-on, ground kick or hitout, or by winning a free kick before the advantage is paid to the goal scorer."
https://m.afl.com.au/news/2017-12-28/stats-glossary-every-stat-explained

So, after reviewing the footage, it sounds like it should have been. The mark was paid after a clean disposal from Ablett. My only guess is that it was missed by the collector. CD will tidy that up before too long, though.
Hmm, unless this only applies to open play. Maybe no goal assist to free kicks and marks. Makes sense, a player dishes a handball to a wingman on the HBF and he gets a fifty and kicks a goal. The player who dished the ball wasn't creating a goal.

Hopefully someone else has the correct answer. I'll keep digging...

Hmm, unless this only applies to open play. Maybe no goal assist to free kicks and marks. Makes sense, a player dishes a handball to a wingman on the HBF and he gets a fifty and kicks a goal. The player who dished the ball wasn't creating a goal.

Hopefully someone else has the correct answer. I'll keep digging...
Ok, think I have got it. It has to be a kick to a leading mark. They most probably defined the situation as a kick to a pack, which is also fair enough. Still wonder about the fifty metre situation though. Bugger...

finally found a replay and had a chance to watch. first and foremost have to say that that was the best commentated game of the year so far, low bar I concede. biggest ego in booth was Hudson with his shouting and branding :)
second thing is that I urge anyone who can, and especially those with strong opinions on this player or that to do a rewatch or two. just concentrating on certain polarizing players during particularly important passages of play can be enlightening. I'm talking about the comments about who was on who when so and so got off the leash etc.
soft target I admit, but one blazing performance was Duncan's. unsung and underrated by too many on these boards. just doesn't play in the glamor roles and without the phloro boots. if there was any justice he would be high in the BnF, the MVP, and midfielder's awards polls.
that's all I want to say for now and I hope I get a chance to see a replay earlier in the week and make more relevant observations.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back