Review Geelong defeats WC by 58 points at Kp

Remove this Banner Ad

Duncan was great yesterday. His worm burner was memorable, but obviously all the hard things he did have been forgotten.
He had 3 kicks that barely landed on his foot and dribbled about 3 meters on the ground. Was abhorrent.

He had 3 kicks that barely landed on his foot and dribbled about 3 meters on the ground. Was abhorrent.
Cool. You've described his 3 clangers, which was his total for the game BTW.
Now tell me about all those great things he did. You know, his other 14 kicks, 11 handballs, 12 marks and 5 tackles?

For the viewers at home. How refreshing was it to have decent commentators for a change.
No BT no Dermie etc.

I was just glad to see that Nick Riewoldt took the time to attend the reunion.

Guthrie vs Menegola in a fight to the death for the last spot.

maybe not the best method... imagine round 22, menegola has made the spot his, but picks up a 4 week injury. guthrie cant come in to replace him, though, because he was murdered by menegola after round 6.

and thats assuming menegola doesnt end up in prison, and we can play neither... being best 22 means little if youre not eligible for parole until 2034.

Cool. You've described his 3 clangers, which was his total for the game BTW.
Now tell me about all those great things he did. You know, his other 14 kicks, 11 handballs, 12 marks and 5 tackles?
3 terrible clangers for someone i rate as just about our best user generally concerns me, wouldn't it concern you? You expect more of good players.

maybe not the best method... imagine round 22, menegola has made the spot his, but picks up a 4 week injury. guthrie cant come in to replace him, though, because he was murdered by menegola after round 6.

and thats assuming menegola doesnt end up in prison, and we can play neither... being best 22 means little if youre not eligible for parole until 2034.

Good point! This is why I'd never make it as a coach - I just don't have the foresight.

3 terrible clangers for someone i rate as just about our best user generally concerns me, wouldn't it concern you? You expect more of good players.
I wouldn't normally even resort to statistics.
I watched the game. He played very well, except for a couple of clangers, including that miskick.
He also kept Sheed very, very quiet.

I wouldn't normally even resort to statistics.
I watched the game. He played very well, except for a couple of clangers, including that miskick.
He also kept Sheed very, very quiet.
Sheed hasn't had a kick in a month, but its a fair point. If we wanted to go the stats line, his kick numbers and DE are helped massively by him taking kick ins. Anything over 40m to a contest counts as effective, not many against WE, but a few the week before.

He's looking more confident.

💖

Sav must have felt under so much pressure. He was terrific yesterday, his best game this season.

5 Marks
3 Contested Marks
2 Marks I50
1 Goal

Just needs to keep on improving, especially kicking goals, but, I hope like last year he gets better every game. Was definitely a confidence building game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree it’s between Atkins and Menegola but, on 2019 form, I just think Atkins looks a little surer in congestion and isn’t making as many mistakes. I’m a fan of Menegola but he just seems a bit off this season. The interesting selection issues, to me, come with our defence. Clark hasn’t put a foot wrong and yet neither has anyone else. And Bews will be looked at when he’s fit. And then there’s Henderson. It’s great to have depth but you feel like three of Bews, Clark, Henderson, O’Connor, Kolo, Henry are going to be unlucky. Or the MC will fall back into bad habits by trying to fit too many players in despite team balance issues.

Blitz
Stewart
Taylor
Tuohy
Kolo
O’Connor
Henry
Clark
Bews
Henderson.

That’s 10 players for 7 spots. Gonna be interesting.
Perhaps players will be chosen upon their ability to play the oppo team. Games when we need to be tall, or not tall. Whether a player is offensive or defensive. It's a huge relief to have depth, considering the years of injured players.

Hats off to Scott, has made some massive changes to the way we play and the list managers as well.

First off, surprised at Atkins and his skill level. Excellent kick of the footy. He battles hard and won't die wondering. It's a real benefit and tick when you get a guy with such a cheap pick and he can hold guys that are top earners accountable. He is a lot better than I thought.

Gary Rohan. Playing high quality football and showing that he belongs. I give the whole organization a tick here. You just have to look at the players and how they talk about geelong. Example was Sam Blease is an example of someone who speaks highly of the club and how they cared for him with his concussions. Then you have a player like gore who was who has turned his back on the SAFL to play for our VFL speak volumes for the culture that is growing.

Rohan is one who needed an environment such as ours with the family support closer. Both Sydney and geelong come to an agreement and just shows they are both professional organisations. It's clear that Rohan is really enjoying his football and has somehow developed a hard edge to his game.

Stanley is now one of our most important players. One play that sticks in my mind is he was giving a horrible handball and McGovern sort of lined him up. Old Stanley would have s**t the bed but not this time. He took the contact and battled hard not to lose his feet. Didn't think he had that sort of competitiveness in him
Fantastic post Warhorse, really enjoyed your thoughts.

I agree with you wholeheartedly that the Rohan trade showed both Clubs to be professional, + their compassion has resulted in a happy, settled Rohan who's enjoying his footy (as you said) + has blossomed into the gun Forward we needed.

Stanley is another surprise this Season. Something has really come together at the Club, because all the players are working hard, playing well, enjoying footy + WINNING!!! So well done Scott for making changes.

669411_ll.jpg

Reminds me of

The part where you imply that a failure to produce another player of the skill level GAJ is a fundamental failure of player development endemic to Chris Scotts coaching is flawed logic because A - no one has really developed a player as good as GAJ since, and B - GAJs development started a long time before he was drafted
But I never said "produce another player of the skill level GAJ..". Read my post. And yes, its possible to do what I said. I recall the Bulldogs foot passing accuracy was increased noticeably over 1 or 2 seasons and was partly responsible for their success.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back