It's interesting votes this when you try to break it down:

Ablett (5 & 5)
Rohan (3 & 2 or 4 & 1)
Danger (4 or 3 & 1)
Stewart (4 or 3 & 1)
O'Connor (3)
Blicavs (2 or 1 & 1)
Kolo (2 or 1 & 1)

Seems to be the most likely breakdown - 3 or 4 guys getting votes from a single coach seems a bit different because normally there's a bit more consensus on the best 2 or 3 players, but the 1s & 2s can differ

Miers going forward
Zigs zags like a mouse
And if he don't goal
it will be Dahlhause

Hawkins and Sav
no need to trust
Cos if Rohan don't goal
Ablett must!
Incredible Les Murray tribute #RIP

THANK YOU Baudolino for posting Atkins antics! It was hilarious + very skilled! I was searching the interwebs all morning for that bit of play, just loved it!

Ablett (5 & 5)
Rohan (3 & 2 or 4 & 1)
Danger (4 or 3 & 1)
Stewart (4 or 3 & 1)
O'Connor (3)
Blicavs (2 or 1 & 1)
Kolo (2 or 1 & 1)

Seems to be the most likely breakdown - 3 or 4 guys getting votes from a single coach seems a bit different because normally there's a bit more consensus on the best 2 or 3 players, but the 1s & 2s can differ

Good to see Kolo in the votes ( havent read the thread bar this last page)

I enjoyed his bit of play early in the 1st qtr - took the ball off Half Back - showed a bit of dash ( running away from Darling ) didnt mess around with it - a long kick to CHF ( commentator said a dangerous spot ) Hawkins got the crumbs and kicked the goal . Kolo did that type of play - showing a bit of dash off half back against HAW in the 1st qtr last week as well

That type of play - i would like to see alot more of that accross the whole comp of AFL - because thats what is exciting ( and was so prevalent in AFL in decades gone by ) rather than that stop start static - backwards - sideways nonsense - wheres the remote im turning this junk off

An easy thing to achieve once you attain Gary's level of spiritual clarity.

Once you realise that everyone else around you is a fiery devil worshiper you are then free to take thy godly weapon (the football) and slay your foes mercilessly, sending them back to that burning hell hole out of which they came (Perth).

Brilliant!

Nah he's right Doctor Gero. A win like yesterday would not have happened if the game wasn't played at our cheat ground.

🤣🤣🤣

With Duckwood + the rotten, stinking cheating umpires :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finally got to watch the replay And after his goal Sav seems to gain confidence in his marking allowing him to have his best game of the year.

Guess we need to get Ablett to give him a really nice pass early in games from now on to get his confidence up..

PS. Special mention to Hello Kitty's boy Miers and the iceman for great games

FIFY

But I never said "produce another player of the skill level GAJ..". Read my post. And yes, its possible to do what I said. I recall the Bulldogs foot passing accuracy was increased noticeably over 1 or 2 seasons and was partly responsible for their success.

You're a tough marker Reg - I thought our first quarter was about as clean , clinical and skilful as I've seen us play for a long , long time ;)

A couple of posters have mentioned that the game was easy and bruise free.
I don't think Stewart would be thinking that.
Or Miers, who was almost buried beneath an avalanche of tall defenders at one stage.
Winning by a lot doesn't always mean we have had it soft.

Speaking of Stewart's head clash with Ryan. . .shows his character, going to aid Ryan, calling for medical help

Tom Stewart Shows his True Character, Going to the aid of Eagle Liam Ryan After Clashing Heads.jpg

Stewart's head - the proverbial, hard as a cat's head

It means I suppose that we’ve had injuries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Would have to be pretty substantial injuries. Even if we do cop some, I'd rather we just give games to younger players. S. Selwood has always been average for Geelong, and he has not future here. Might as well spend the time to give a chance for a young player to prove themselves. S. Selwood should have never been recruited; he is deadwood on the list.

Ablett (5 & 5)
Rohan (3 & 2 or 4 & 1)
Danger (4 or 3 & 1)
Stewart (4 or 3 & 1)
O'Connor (3)
Blicavs (2 or 1 & 1)
Kolo (2 or 1 & 1)

Only one way mathematically possible to break it down:

Ablett (5, 5)
Danger (4)
Stewart (4)
Rohan (3, 2)
O'Connor (3)
Blitz, Kolo (1,1 and 2)

Every player had double figure possessions, and 13 had 20 or more.

Been ages since we've seen such an even contribution, and I hope we see a hell of a lot more!

Good to see Kolo in the votes ( havent read the thread bar this last page)

I enjoyed his bit of play early in the 1st qtr - took the ball off Half Back - showed a bit of dash ( running away from Darling ) didnt mess around with it - a long kick to CHF ( commentator said a dangerous spot ) Hawkins got the crumbs and kicked the goal . Kolo did that type of play - showing a bit of dash off half back against HAW in the 1st qtr last week as well

That type of play - i would like to see alot more of that accross the whole comp of AFL - because thats what is exciting ( and was so prevalent in AFL in decades gone by ) rather than that stop start static - backwards - sideways nonsense - wheres the remote im turning this junk off

There was another passage of play from Kolo, also in the first quarter that really impressed me because it showed his maturity & growth:

We turned the ball over & completely mismatched in defence where we had Henry vs Darling. Darling had what should have been a relatively easy mark with not a great deal of pressure coming from Henry who got caught behind & didn't have the strength to match in the contest, but Darling spilled the mark & the ball went over the boundary line - Kolo comes in, thanks Henry for the efforts & tells him to swap players & that he'll take the Darling match-up, and he was a better match-up for Darling.

I thought it was great to see Kolo take responsibility to swap the match-up and say he'll take Darling

Remove this Banner Ad

Back