Review Geelong dumps Crows by 42 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Did everything he possibly could to get Neale a sausage too the big fella. Phenomenal team player.
I didn't like Hawkins throwing away an almost certain goal. There is a time and place for that. It's a bit arrogant and disrespectful to the opposing team that has pushed you well into the 3rd quarter. Neale didn't have a great game, I reckon he'd prefer to get his first goal on his own merit.

I was going to ask the same question (won’t be poular).

Is Cooper Stephens any better than Charlie Constable? Same good size, same lack of pace, same lack of spread (real bad), if anything he can’t rack em up as well as Charlie but he may have a better tank.

Only young and played very little footy, just don’t see a gun mid there, love to be wrong.

DeKoning on the other hand…wowee.
I think we might be looking at Constable through Rose coloured glasses here. Stephens isn't quick but he's lightning compared to Constable.

Perhaps wait until he's taken to the field a few more times given this was the second time he ever done it

Must admit im bit surprised by the early market for next weeks game

WB $2 Geel $1.80

Geel have got alot of injuries - come the opening bounce i reckon that market will be totally opposite - Dogs have to be favourites surely - Geel have got blokes like Narkle/Stephens/Evans - who are only getting a game because higher credentialed players are unavailable

WB $2 Geel $1.80

Geel have got alot of injuries - come the opening bounce i reckon that market will be totally opposite - Dogs have to be favourites surely - Geel have got blokes like Narkle/Stephens/Evans - who are only getting a game because higher credentialed players are unavailable
Thought Dogs would be slight favs too. They’re bottom end is pretty ordinary though, worse than ours.

Today was a great example I thought of Hawkins’ continually evolving ability to impact a game without directly putting it on the scoreboard.

Couple of goals, brilliant goal assist to Stengle, couple of really nice disposals inside 50, great second effort tackling a few times and generally creating a presence. Controlled a lot of space in the forward 50 and it manifested itself through a number of his teammates
You could see him really going out of way to try get Neale a shot. Not just looking around to hit him up when he had the ball going i50 but one of Stengles goals You could see him in the goal square pointing and shouting at Tyson to give it off to Neale in the opposite pocket. Neale was in no better position than Stengle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought Neale was pretty average, had a direct opponent he really should have destroyed but ended the game with one set shot and only 2 marks, might get there in time but hes clearly not ready.

WB $2 Geel $1.80

That seems way too even. Dogs are going to win every clearance based on tonight's performance

I thought Neale was pretty average, had a direct opponent he really should have destroyed but ended the game with one set shot and only 2 marks, might get there in time but hes clearly not ready.
I feel like he got about as involved as SDK did in his first game

I do wonder what the coaches told Neale though, the one time he actually seemed to lead and attack the footy he marked it lol, whole lot of jogging around providing next to nothing to my eyes.
Yeah I think they might have tried to park him in the square a lot. Think they might have been worried about his leading patterns getting in the way of the twin towers. I liked it more early on when he was roaming around the wings a bit

I think people here have much too harsh expectations on our young players. It is the exception rather than the rule that they’ll burst out of the blocks from their debut game. I think it’s unfair to judge them in their 1st and 2nd years; if they play AFL then, it’s a bonus. Years 3&4 are the moment where you want to start to see if there are consistent improvements in their game

I think we might be looking at Constable through Rose coloured glasses here. Stephens isn't quick but he's lightning compared to Constable.

Perhaps wait until he's taken to the field a few more times given this was the second time he ever done it

Nah!...I like them both,...CS needs to be given time, fgs he's just getting his feet wet,...."let's not throw the baby out with the bath water" like we did with Charlie Constable, give Cooper some time to develop,...krikes' he's been injured for most of his AFL Career so far.
He's going ok!....one thing I have noticed and do like is,..."he knows how to throw his weight around, and he's a pretty big boy!"

They wont struggle for inside 50's, their midfield will dominate ours if we line up as we did today. Whether they can convert is another question.
Their midfield getting over ours is beyond question but I don't see any solutions on the selection front other than putting in Stanley if ready and hoping he wins us a clearance or two

Nah!...I like them both,...CS needs to be given time, fgs he's just getting his feet wet,...."let's not throw the baby out with the bath water" like we did with Charlie Constable, give Cooper some time to develop,...krikes' he's been injured for most of his AFL Career so far.
He's going ok!....one thing I have noticed and do like is,..."he knows how to throw his weight around, and he's a pretty big boy!"
I definitely agree on giving Cooper games and time and waiting for maybe 18 months time to judge him. I think he's suffering from the "why isn't he Christian Petracca yet" syndrome.

But I disagree on Chook. He has been given plenty of chances and by the time he left we knew he wouldn't make it. He is never going to be best 22 at gold coast in my honest opinion either

Remove this Banner Ad

Back