Toast Geelong - going pokies free

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As carter said they were making $4 mil p.a from gaming before they started getting out.
Revenue at the brook the FY was over 7 million.
Profit was 770k.

Hardly an easy business decision.
But from what I can tell it was valued over $2mil plus licenses.

The club expects to be completely debt free in 2020. You'd have to think these funds are being used for that.
How many millions has the club invested into the facility over the years? The profit is hardly spectacular and how many years has it operated at a profit?

I don't think selling the Brook is hardly some great sacrifice.

I don't trust Carter, where they making $4m from Pokies and losing money on the rest of the facility like many facilities do. Ponies keep a lot of venues afloat and the Pokies don't exist without the venue. Hence, you can't cherry pick stats.

How many millions has the club invested into the facility over the years? The profit is hardly spectacular and how many years has it operated at a profit?

I don't trust Carter, where they making $4m from Pokies and losing money on the rest of the facility like many facilities do. Ponies keep a lot of venues afloat and the Pokies don't exist without the venue. Hence, you can't cherry pick stats.
Yeah the days of Pubs being gold mines are behind us,The Beach and Diamond Creek tavern almost put Collingwood in the poor house 10 years ago,Aussie home loans pulled the Pies and Eddie out the s**t back then.

How about you go and dig up all the financial and read them for yourself?

They lost cash year 1 when they started it over a decade ago.
And it was forecast.

Do your own research.

How about you go and dig up all the financial and read them for yourself?

They lost cash year 1 when they started it over a decade ago.
And it was forecast.

Do your own research.
I believe most figures are not publicly available outside the last couple of years even in annual reports.

However, I do remember the cats chucking a stack of cash in at the start.

The reality is that I don't think the Brook was a good investment. For example it's 2018 profit was very small. And public comment that it was struggling before that.

And while people hang it on Woollies etc for doing it as a business decision, there is very little evidence to suggest that their aren't the same business considerations here.

I don't get why the GFC is hailed a hero and Woollies dogs. It's the same strategy.

I believe most figures are not publicly available outside the last couple of years even in annual reports.

The reality is that I don't think the Brook was a good investment. For example it's 2018 profit was very small. And public comment that it was struggling before that.

And while people hang it on Woollies etc for doing it as a business decision, there is very little evidence to suggest that their aren't the same business considerations here.

I don't get why the GFC is hailed a hero and Woollies dogs. It's the same strategy.
ALL of the reports are publicly available.
Not sure why you're looking at annual reports. Search for financial reports.

You're just presenting your thoughts with no factual substantiation.
you use words such as 'the reality is' and then follow it with 'I think', and 'public comment was'.

Your comments are a joke. Unless of course you want to substantiate it.

The floor is yours.

Woolworhs were caught red handed breaking gambling regulations in their pokies operations.
Woolworths have been underpaying their staff for about a decade.
Woolworths have been ripping off Australian farmers and Australian producers for many years, and still are.
But they and the GFC are the same?

Woolworhs were caught red handed breaking gambling regulations in their pokies operations.
Woolworths have been underpaying their staff for about a decade.
Woolworths have been ripping off Australian farmers and Australian producers for many years, and still are.
But they and the GFC are the same?

Thankfully, no.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm a member of anti-gambling group on Facebook called Kicking the Punt :- https://www.facebook.com/groups/596480534256952/ . I don't use Insta but they're on there too.

We have a weekly Zoom meeting on Tuesday and Allen Christiansen is coming in next week to have a chat. Come and join us, PM me if you want the zoom link.

Well done Cats.Bulldogs have done the same this week.

Shame on Hawks. Shame on Carlton. Think of all the extra facilities and support coaches they can afford paid for by others misery. It's not fair.

Think of all the extra facilities and support coaches they can afford paid for by others misery. It's not fair.

This may sound callous, but it's been this way since the beginning of time and it won't change any time soon.

You just look at the Australian government during lock down as an example.
Alcohol was considered essential and had to remain open for business due to the millions of dollars they make from tax. They couldn't give a hoot about the desperate and most vulnerable.
Gambling is no different.
It is a bizarre and extremely cruel world at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back