Resource Geelong guernseys and memorabilia

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Geelong guernsey threads (merged)

Thanks for letting me know Sydney Cat, I appreciate it! It is similar to the one I'm after but not quite the guernsey I'm looking for. The one I'm after doesn't have the navy blue under the V neck with slazenger in white. I think this is from 2005? I'm after the 2007 jumper. It has aa thin blue V ribbing around the neck, but it has a white section under it with a blue slazenger on it. Does anybody know the jumper I'm chasing? and can anyone find one for me?

Re: Wanted: Cats 2003-2005 Clash Guernsey

I have a long sleeve clash jumper. i think it would be the one you're after. It is slazenger and looks similar to the picture in your post, except it has a larger patch of navy blue on top front part of the jumper behind afl and ford logo's. it has the big GFC logo on front of jumper. blue and white stripes, 3XL but really XL in size. Has tags, never worn. Cheers!

Thanks for letting me know Sydney Cat, I appreciate it! It is similar to the one I'm after but not quite the guernsey I'm looking for. The one I'm after doesn't have the navy blue under the V neck with slazenger in white. I think this is from 2005? I'm after the 2007 jumper. It has aa thin blue V ribbing around the neck, but it has a white section under it with a blue slazenger on it. Does anybody know the jumper I'm chasing? and can anyone find one for me?

I found a picture of the jumper. this might help.
Song_620px.jpg

Regarding the 150th jumpers.
As far as im aware there were 3000 made with the number 150 on the back.
There were none made with nothing on the back.
There were 9 made with each players number on the back who were on the Geelong list this year.
The player kept 1 jumper, 2 jumpers were auctioned on the GFC website, one signed and possibly match worn and the other unsigned and not match worn.
The remaining 6 are not going to be sold.
This is why they went quickly and now very rare especially the ones with the players numbers on the back.
A real collectors item.

Does anyone know the significance of the small number printed above the players number on the back? I picked a few of the unsigned jerseys off the auction and noticed they had different numbers. Is this unique to each individual jersey or the player? I noticed in photos of the jerseys with the 150 on the back that they do not have any number printed at the top.

Does anyone know the significance of the small number printed above the players number on the back? I picked a few of the unsigned jerseys off the auction and noticed they had different numbers. Is this unique to each individual jersey or the player? I noticed in photos of the jerseys with the 150 on the back that they do not have any number printed at the top.
Apparently it means what number player they are for Geelong i.e if it says 1,020 then that person was the 1,020th player to play for Geelong. Pretty pissed Gillies' jumper only saysa "2009" up the top :p

Re: Geelong Jumper Threads (merged)

Someone mentioned they are at rebel sport at wartergardens. I live 1 minute away.
Happy to check it out tomorrow for you if you want.

I probably should buy one.
I didn't think they'd ever run out. Just assumed it would be the new clash guernsey from now on.

It works, looks good, and respects those that have played for the club. They just update it every few years with the added names.

Change it's name to the Geelong Historical guernsey or similar.

Wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that !
Respect...mmmph...didn't have enough respect for Charles Brownlow and his premiership winning mates to put their names on it.

Did have enough respect though to put Billy Brownless and others twice though !!

Also different names on differnt jumpers, different size jumpers have deffernt names.

Who actually knows whats where and whos on what ???

Did have enough respect though to put Billy Brownless and others twice though !!

Also different names on differnt jumpers, different size jumpers have deffernt names.

Who actually knows whats where and whos on what ???
Some names are repeated because obviously smaller guernseys require less material and so on.

For sure but you would have thought if Geloong was going to all the trouble at least they would do it right, maybe increase the letter size on the bigger jumpers to keep all the names the same.
Bit of a joke really.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ninty,
What exactly do you mean by that ??
he means you're being a flogger. stop complaining about something so miniscule. we just won the premiership and you're bitching about some names being cut off on the 150th jumper. please keep you're negative s**t too yourself please champ:thumbsu:

No worries CHAMP !! I didnt realise i wasnt allowed to have an opinion on here !!! :thumbsdown:

Have a great day.

Can somebody correct me and pinpoint a time when one was worn this year, perhaps by Skinny tall defender such as Harry or Gillies maybe? I cannot recall seeing one. The longsleves was good enough to be worn on occasion by Polly, Garry Snr, and Jnr all at least in one game.. yet after being a big part of footy for 150 they are disappearing from our game.

Not sure if anybody wore a long sleeved jumper this year, but Enright and Kelly have worn them in recent years. Check out the 2007 highlights DVD - Enright wore a long sleeved jumper for most cold and wet games at Skilled.

Yes Enright certaintly was a long sleeve man for wet games from way back. Kelly also had a bit of tendency. Both these guys spent most of their early years in long sleeves, and Gazza spent a lot of his first game in one two. Then it all seemed to of dryed up, I think Lonergan's wearing of one in 2008 may of been the last time.

We need a dedicated Long Sleeve jumper wearing, as were dont wear an outfit like Essendon's or even a striped jumper on like North... No jumped looks as good - long sleeved than a hooped one.

Re: Geelong Jumper Threads (merged)

I have a 2007 spare player Guernsey and can tell you its quite easy to pick the cats shop iron-on ones.

The player guernseys have the number printed on when made, the iron-on numbers from the cats shop are lighter in colour and a bit smaller.

Are you willing to sell your spare 2007 player guernsey?? I am chasing one but have jad no luck?? What size is it and how much? cheers!

I have just been to the ISC factory sale here in Sydney, Guernseys up to 5XL $59 Training singlets and shirts $10 gear bags $25 Hooddies $39 Socks $5 Back packs $15, I cleaned up! Best time to be a Cats supporter up here, the sale will be on for a while I was told, with more stock coming in, so if anyone is up here it is worth a visit!

Corner of Shirley St and Botany Rd Alexandria.

I have just been to the ISC factory sale here in Sydney, Guernseys up to 5XL $59 Training singlets and shirts $10 gear bags $25 Hooddies $39 Socks $5 Back packs $15, I cleaned up! Best time to be a Cats supporter up here, the sale will be on for a while I was told, with more stock coming in, so if anyone is up here it is worth a visit!

You dont want to get me a Hoody and mail it to me do yoU???:D

Funny that they don't actually sell guernseys above 3xl

Funny that they don't actually sell guernseys above 3xl
The club doesn't sell them but I can guarantee you that they get made, I have one.

The club should sell all the sizes available.

150 Anniversary Guernsey Re-issue

For those still wanting to get one of the 150 Anniversary Guernseys (the ones with all the names incorporated into the hoops) it seems there has been some sort of a re-issue. I was able to pick one up this morning at the F1/Sports Merchandise store in Elisabeth Street in the city (for those of you in Melbourne). The man running the place says they only arrived today, and it was some sort of a surprise when they did. He had been asked a while back by the manufacturers if they would accept an order if more were created, but then heard nothing more of it. Anyway they are back, he has all adult sizes up to 3XL and they are still at the $150 price point. I would guess that this will mean there are going to be more around else where. Beats paying $300 plus on ebay if you're keen.

Re: 150 Anniversary Guernsey Re-issue

They will be worth a bit of coin down the track, given that we went on the win the flag!

I'm not sure if anyone is still looking for the 150th guernsey's but I managed to buy 1 at Rebel sport at Northland today. They might have them everywhere again from since I last checked but in case anyone is looking and it seems hard to find just one tip for where to go as they have a dozen or something :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back