Resource Geelong guernseys and memorabilia

Oct 22, 2000
Launceston
AFL Club
Geelong
Re: Geelong guernsey threads (merged)

I'm not sure if anyone is still looking for the 150th guernsey's but I managed to buy 1 at Rebel sport at Northland today. They might have them everywhere again from since I last checked but in case anyone is looking and it seems hard to find just one tip for where to go as they have a dozen or something :thumbsu:

I wonder if it is one from the original issue - the names on mine start with the 1897 list at front of jumper near top of right shoulder, e.g. Peter Burns and/or Teddy Holligan on top row, at least one of the McShane brothers on third line ?

I wonder if it is one from the original issue - the names on mine start with the 1897 list at front of jumper near top of right shoulder, e.g. Peter Burns and/or Teddy Holligan on top row, at least one of the McShane brothers on third line ?
The names are in different positions for different sizes anyway.

I think you will find the guernseys at Rebel stores are newly printed.

Ryan0709

Rookie
Jan 28, 2010
Prahran
AFL Club
Geelong

Has anyone else got the 150th jumper from any other melbourne stores? Looked in Melb central rebel today and chapel st rebel yest but they only had Small and Med of it..its just about the only jumper i don't have!

Kahn

Team Captain
Sep 7, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
TSV Neustadt/Aisch

Has anyone else got the 150th jumper from any other melbourne stores? Looked in Melb central rebel today and chapel st rebel yest but they only had Small and Med of it..its just about the only jumper i don't have!

I was looking at them a week ago at Southland and The AFL Shop had XXL and XXXL. Rebel at Southland had a large and a couple others (can't remember the sizes).

Saw them in Rebel Bourke Street today.

Play Fair

Senior List
Apr 11, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong

The club doesn't sell them but I can guarantee you that they get made, I have one.

The club should sell all the sizes available.

The club does sell all sizes up to 5XL, and if they don't have them in stock they can be ordered.

Sep 7, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Dallas Mavs, West Ham

Hi guys,

I got my premiers guernsey signed by 30 or so players (plus Bomber and Costa) at the family day on Saturday. I have four important signatures yet to get - Chappy, Ling, Enright and Mooney - but once I have them I want to get the jumper framed.

Can anybody recommend a framing place in Melbourne, and give me a rough estimate on how much it costs to get a guernsey framed (it's size small).

Thanks!

TheNugget

Draftee
Jul 23, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong

Try the AFL store at Westfield Doncaster. Last time I looked they had a few. Was a couple of weeks ago though.

MontyMensch

Senior List
Sep 20, 2009
The Roy
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
EFFC-PMFC-Celtic-MH-Brunswick Juve

Thought I might blow my own trumpet here to other football jumpers collections with a recent buy.

I managed to get myself a large VFL cats jumper from the early 80's.. its actually got an adidas tag in the inside of the jumper.

Does anyone have any infomation if the fact that the jumper actually had internal adidas tag and being VFL can tell exactly what period the jumper is from?

Sep 24, 2008
MuMuLand
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Celtic, West Perth, Glory, S'Roos

Anyone been through 'The good sports' when buying a GFC jumper? Got one of theirs through Ebay and was just wondering if they're proper AFL licenced hear or a cheap knock off. They seem ok.

May 10, 2004
The Mothership
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Pistons/Hammers/Sri Lanka/The Exers

Thought I might blow my own trumpet here to other football jumpers collections with a recent buy.

I managed to get myself a large VFL cats jumper from the early 80's.. its actually got an adidas tag in the inside of the jumper.

Does anyone have any infomation if the fact that the jumper actually had internal adidas tag and being VFL can tell exactly what period the jumper is from?

It's got the VFL badge on it?

Does it have the Ford badge on it too?

viclion17

Debutant
Jun 8, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

I saw one of the 150th year guernseys at a footy shop in smith street yesterday if anyone is interested..its located just near the nike factory outlet

erpel9999

Team Captain
Jul 25, 2007
melb
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
storm

^^^

That reminds me, Rebel in Ballarat city had about 25 - 30 150th jumpers. all sizes s - 3xl. if anyone is still looking.

Sep 7, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Dallas Mavs, West Ham

The 150th jumpers are very readily available in Melbourne at the moment. Every Rebel Sport store I've been to recently has them, as does the sports store at Spencer Street shopping centre and the F1 memorabilia shop on Elizabeth St.

I really need to go and buy one before I miss out for the second time.

Oct 22, 2000
Launceston
AFL Club
Geelong

The 150th jumpers are very readily available in Melbourne at the moment. Every Rebel Sport store I've been to recently has them, as does the sports store at Spencer Street shopping centre and the F1 memorabilia shop on Elizabeth St.

I really need to go and buy one before I miss out for the second time.

...just so long as you know what you are getting...

every players name since 1897...

not every name since 1859

magic_johnson!

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 7, 2008
London
AFL Club
Geelong

...just so long as you know what you are getting...

every players name since 1897...

not every name since 1859
Wow thanks for the help, i was just about to get one. I won't now, because of those missing 38 years...

As if they'd know everyone who played in the 60's in so on? I doubt that every name would be recorded...

Oct 22, 2000
Launceston
AFL Club
Geelong

Wow thanks for the help, i was just about to get one. I won't now, because of those missing 38 years...

As if they'd know everyone who played in the 60's in so on? I doubt that every name would be recorded...

If they weren't prepared to do the research then they, online sites and commercial outlets should not continue to make the claim that it does have 150 yrs of players on it.

Given that ISC have produced even more jumpers in a re-issue, there are now three misleading statements on the inside collar -
1) it is no longer a 'limited edition,'
2) there are not 150 yrs worth of names on it, and
3) Geelong is not the "second oldest sporting club in the world."

If that sort of thing doesn't bother you, then okay that's personal choice. But don't give one to a relative of Charles Brownlow and expect them to find his name 'cos it isn't there.

manboob

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts The Cult of Robbo
Feb 11, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
#rompingwins

If they weren't prepared to do the research then they, online sites and commercial outlets should not continue to make the claim that it does have 150 yrs of players on it.

Given that ISC have produced even more jumpers in a re-issue, there are now three misleading statements on the inside collar -
1) it is no longer a 'limited edition,'
2) there are not 150 yrs worth of names on it, and
3) Geelong is not the "second oldest sporting club in the world."

If that sort of thing doesn't bother you, then okay that's personal choice. But don't give one to a relative of Charles Brownlow and expect them to find his name 'cos it isn't there.

A rest. Give it.
yoda.jpg

Rooke takes King

Debutant
Mar 11, 2010
Wait Awhile
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Boston Celtics

Hey just wondering if anyone out there has got the gold premiers logo jumper since it went on sale yesterday. Is it worth getting one? Or should I put the money away for flights across for the finals :p

Sydney Cat

Debutant
Geelong Cats - Travis Varcoe 2010 Player Sponsor
Oct 7, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Geelong

Hey just wondering if anyone out there has got the gold premiers logo jumper since it went on sale yesterday. Is it worth getting one? Or should I put the money away for flights across for the finals :p
Received mine today, which is fantastic considering it was delivered to Sydney. I love mine I think it is definitely worth getting.

Rooke takes King

Debutant
Mar 11, 2010
Wait Awhile
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Boston Celtics

Received mine today, which is fantastic considering it was delivered to Sydney. I love mine I think it is definitely worth getting.

Thanks for that. Just found out my friend got one today which is good considering I'm in Perth def getting one now

alfy!

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong

Keen to get a new guernsey, but tried some on today and bloody hell the collar is tight. The small size was a good fit, but the collar was ridiculous. Might have to look at getting last years or wait for next years.

Oct 27, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong

Keen to get a new guernsey, but tried some on today and bloody hell the collar is tight. The small size was a good fit, but the collar was ridiculous. Might have to look at getting last years or wait for next years.

I would imagine that this year's jumper IS next year's.

It's been a two year cycle of late.

Back