Resource Geelong guernseys and memorabilia

Why make the (unchanged) AFL logo look like it's from a KMart jumper?
I do love the embroided patch badge though, my jumper as a kid had them, it is a shame they couldn't have the old school AFL logo though..

You know what else looks s**t... cotton on models in the jumpers.. absolute rubbish, they never look right, the jumpers look poorly fitting. Surely it isn't that hard to get the players in them like they do for the indigenous ones

Saltytas

Draftee
Jan 18, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
2007 signed Geelong guernsey
If anybody is interested in purchasing this rare item send me a message to discuss further

Attachments

• 0E1B5F46-113B-4E65-845E-205F390A1449.jpeg
    0E1B5F46-113B-4E65-845E-205F390A1449.jpeg
    250.1 KB · Views: 282
Not sure if this has been discussed somewhere else on the board, but Stevo's reporting that we'll have another Ford logo on the jumpers when the season restarts next week. So far I think we're the only team who've taken up the opportunity to have a sponsor logo above the number (as well as below and on the front)

There's been a little bit of discussion about the third Ford logo over on the FJGD board. My main question was whether the third logo will be the same as the one currently below the numbers, the blue oval that's on the front of the jumper, or if Ford and the club will choose to advertise a specific model (such as the Mustang or Ranger)

Also, I'm guessing that the '1859' that was placed above the numbers this year (and has only been worn in one H&A game) will be either covered up by the Ford patch (if Cotton On choose to heat press a logo on rather than make up new jumpers), moved up the jumper to allow for the Ford logo, or removed completely

Feb 2, 2011
Hell
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Indiana Pacers, Celta Vigo, LA Rams
Would anyone want to see some of the Bill Goggin trophies I have?

I need to polish them up first.

I have his N.G.F.C u15 1954 Best and Fairest, G.F.C "3rd 18" 1957 Best Club Man and my brother has another I'll try to get off of him.

Goggin Our Best

Norm Smith Medallist
May 23, 2011
sydney
AFL Club
Geelong
Would anyone want to see some of the Bill Goggin trophies I have?

I need to polish them up first.

I have his N.G.F.C u15 1954 Best and Fairest, G.F.C "3rd 18" 1957 Best Club Man and my brother has another I'll try to get off of him.

Yeah put them up

One which would be interesting would be the Bendigo Gift or Bendigo 10000 - i dont know if there was a Cup or Sash though

But Billy was a top sprinter in the off season

If Billy was still coach - he would be spitting chips after that insipid effort last night

Feb 2, 2011
Hell
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Indiana Pacers, Celta Vigo, LA Rams
Yeah put them up

One which would be interesting would be the Bendigo Gift or Bendigo 10000 - i dont know if there was a Cup or Sash though

But Billy was a top sprinter in the off season

If Billy was still coach - he would be spitting chips after that insipid effort last night

I was given these three trophies from my grandma. Along with all of her old newspaper clippings, she kept of Bill, an old GWFC picture of him and a menu/proceedings from his testimonial signed by various players including, I believe, Polly, Bobby Davis, Sam Newman, Bill, Barassi and others.

I believe this is all she kept of Bills as a lot of his stuff went to his kids.

She also gave me a Richmond FC jumper that she claims was given to Bill by Royce Hart and is game worn. I'm yet to confirm the authenticity on it though.

Goggin Our Best

Norm Smith Medallist
May 23, 2011
sydney
AFL Club
Geelong
I was given these three trophies from my grandma. Along with all of her old newspaper clippings, she kept of Bill, an old GWFC picture of him and a menu/proceedings from his testimonial signed by various players including, I believe, Polly, Bobby Davis, Sam Newman, Bill, Barassi and others.

She also gave me a Richmond FC jumper that she claims was given to Bill by Royce Hart and is game worn. I'm yet to confirm the authenticity on it though.

Royce Harts jumper hey - very good - number 4 wasnt he - champion player

Tony Barber

Premiership Player
Apr 6, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong

I've never heard his son mentioning receiving anything.
I can send him a text if you want.

Back