Geelong hasn't finished in the bottom 4 since 1986

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond haven't been too bad either.
Since 1986 Richmond have finished below 12th 13 times and won 4 wooden spoons.

Geelong in it's entire history of VFL/AFL has never finished below 12th nor have they won a spoon for 60 odd years.

But yep, Richmond haven't been too bad.

Finals is a capitalist construct to appease schoolyard children and adults with substance abuse issues. It's to make the spectacle more climatic for the low functioning fans but moreso for the clubs coffers. Since when did 3 to 4 games prove more than 22 to 24 games? "SiNcE iT wUz FiNeLz?"

Those finals statistics don't count for s**t really. At least nothing compared to what you believe. In bigger sports minor premiers are premiers. Every year somebody wins a premiership. Winning 21 games is a far rarer achievement. So is finishing top 4 10 years in a row. It's rarer & harder so do the math. Who gives a s**t about the spectacle side of it.

Why is the big shiny cup a better achievement than an actual rarer achievement? Someone has to win one every year. I suggest you change club to North if winning means nothing to you. See how you feel after a year with 4-5 wins.
This such a odd statement.

If you donā€™t like capitalism you probably should not watch AFL or Geelong and instead follow amateurs.

Finals are part of the season and nobody remembers the minor Premiers.

I live in Europe and although fairer with comps without finals. But it makes the comp boring.

I see 1982 and 2018 as failed seasons despite arguably being the best team in both.
Donā€™t remember Geelong fans rejoicing 1980 going out in straight sets.

Finals is a capitalist construct to appease schoolyard children and adults with substance abuse issues. It's to make the spectacle more climatic for the low functioning fans but moreso for the clubs coffers. Since when did 3 to 4 games prove more than 22 to 24 games? "SiNcE iT wUz FiNeLz?"

Those finals statistics don't count for s**t really. At least nothing compared to what you believe. In bigger sports minor premiers are premiers. Every year somebody wins a premiership. Winning 21 games is a far rarer achievement. So is finishing top 4 10 years in a row. It's rarer & harder so do the math. Who gives a s**t about the spectacle side of it.

Why is the big shiny cup a better achievement than an actual rarer achievement? Someone has to win one every year. I suggest you change club to North if winning means nothing to you. See how you feel after a year with 4-5 wins.
Every team knows at the start of each year what the goal is. Therefore minor premiers means Jack squat. Comparing to other comps is meaningless

Because finals are used as a means to determine who is the best of the best.

Saying otherwise is delusional.

Since 1986 Richmond have finished below 12th 13 times and won 4 wooden spoons.

Geelong in it's entire history of VFL/AFL has never finished below 12th nor have they won a spoon for 60 odd years.

But yep, Richmond haven't been too bad.
Geelong's supremacy in the modern era very impressive. Saw off Hawks who bounced quickly once, and curently...not so much.
And the Tigs.
I loved our garbage teams circling the spoon in the early 2000s, but, recent bunch a fair whack better!.... and Cotchin and Martin courtesy of picks 2 and 3 iirc - got 2 spoons but no 1st pick, LUCKY Melb with 2 Priority picks passed over Dusty.., and Carlton used their 1st pick to take Kruezer ahead of Cotchin...

Credit where its due, Geelong have not sunk, and done it all without early picks from shite results. Hats off.

I'll just have to watch a few of my favorite GF replays to feel better.

Beautiful to see Cats fans deliriously celebrating finishing in the top 14.

giphy.gif

That's because of cheap home ground wins on a ground with strange dimensions that nobody is used to.
Take out the Kardinua Park wins and they're got plenty of bottom 4 finishes.
Well Richmond certainly isn't used to it as you never play there, so not sure why you're complaining

Its b/c we cheat.

Cheat ground.
Property deals cheating outside the cap.
PEDs but never, ever investigated.
Uncle Steve cheated and changed the rules to suit us and hurt RFC.
The ARC is dialed into the "cheat other clubs and advantage Geelong" setting.
We have cheat beaches.
We have the Father-Son rule, but no one else can use that advantage. It's cheating!

We win because we cheat.

:rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's ok were rich now and we like to share the wealth.
I like the now part. A few premierships and your supporters suddenly sold their microwave ovens.

Just wait until the upgrade. šŸ¤”

We're so rich now we own several microwave companies and we sell our rubbish seconds products to poorer suburbs like Corio. You're welcome!
Still won't cut it I'm afraid.

Can we ban Richmond supporters from any Geelong thread and ban Geelong supporters from any Richmond thread?
Will help the heat on Geelong and Richmond threads. But what about ALL other threads?

Seems like any topic applies.

If someone starts a thread ā€œWhitten was the mastermind of the 1954 Premiershipā€ then sooner or later the Geelong-Richmond feud will slowly take over.

Bit fun a while but now itā€™s getting tiresome really.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back