Cancelled
BeanCoiNFT Investor
Apr 4, 2016
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ken Hinkley
Soon enough it will be 60 years and counting since Geelong last won a wooden spoon. Every other club has won one more recently. It's a pretty remarkable feat when you think about it.

Spike_Portfolio_Print16-380x287.jpg

Last edited:
Soon enough it will be 60 years and counting since Geelong last won a wooden spoon. No other club in AFL history has avoided bottoming out for this long. It's a pretty remarkable feat when you think about it.

Spike_Portfolio_Print16-380x287.jpg

I really hate to say this, but carlton have you beat for vfl/afl

They got their first ever spoon in 2002, so you have another 45 odd years before you beat their streak

Now i need to go shower, hate saying nice things about that mob

I'm pretty sure Essendon had gone 70+ years before they had half their team banned for being drug cheats.

Club. Time period. Years
Carlton. 1897–2002. 105
Essendon. 1933–2016. 83
Collingwood. 1897–1976. 79
Geelong. 1958–present. 59
Hawthorn. 1965–present. 52
North Melbourne. 1972–present. 45
Richmond. 1917–1960. 43
Fitzroy. 1897–1936. 39
Footscray. 1925–1959. 34

I really hate to say this, but carlton have you beat for vfl/afl

They got their first ever spoon in 2002, so you have another 45 odd years before you beat their streak

Now i need to go shower, hate saying nice things about that mob

I guess in terms of "standing" streaks Geelong has currently gone the longest without winning one. While Geelong haven't won their last for 59 years. All of Carlton Essendon and Collingwood received their last spoons within the last 20 years.

Last edited:
St Kilda have won the most haven't they?

Yes, the Saints have won twice as many wooden spoons as any other team.

Adelaide and Port Adelaide have never won the wooden spoon in their history. The Crows have never been in danger of finishing last, but the Power came close in 2011, only climbing off the bottom of the ladder with a win over Melbourne in the last round with the Gold Coast Suns finishing last.

Yes, the Saints have won twice as many wooden spoons as any other team.

Adelaide and Port Adelaide have never won the wooden spoon in their history. The Crows have never been in danger of finishing last, but the Power came close in 2011, only climbing off the bottom of the ladder with a win over Melbourne in the last round with the Gold Coast Suns finishing last.
Oh yes, a team saving their skin against Melbourne when it matters......can't say I've ever seen it the other way!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North have the second most wooden spoons in history, but haven't had one since '72. The '30s were a rough decade for us, winning 5/10 possible spoons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back