Play Nice Geelong home final at GHMBA Stadium, is this an unfair advantage?

Remove this Banner Ad

Unfair? They play 9 home games this year compared to the Tigers 13 at the MCG including the final seven matches in a row!. The Pies play four of their last five out of 14 at the MCG. There is nothing unfair about Geelong at all! If either team finishes 4th Geelong play them on their home ground! Geelong will only get a home final if they play GWS IMO. They won't schedule the Eagles or the Lions down at the Cattery, the Giants would be a certainty. GWS won down there this year! They might like the idea. IMO i would rather not have the pressure of a Cattery home final. If you finish on top you should get as many advantages as you can get. .

No complaints about our draw when we played 4 interstate in the first 10 weeks and a couple at Marvel this season though yeah? And you realise they’re not all Richmond home games?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It would be ironic if Richmond has to play Geelong at KP and they win. I think Tigers fans wouldn’t know what to do. It would be like they’d collided with their parallel universe.

We won’t be finishing top 4. It’s not about Richmond DD.

I am just thinking about the thread title. So will Geelong get an unfair advantage if they play a home final at KP? Well, no. If you finish high enough to warrant one you get one at your home ground. It seems pretty straight forward to me.

Plus, why is it always the same supporter base going on about Geelong? I very rarely see threads created by Geelong fans discussing Richmond. I also think people need to firm up a bit and realise that finals can be won by anyone anywhere.
Just have a look at the OP's location, #rentfree in Cats and Magpie supporters heads.

Another boring troll. They are obsessed with Geelong for some reason.

It’s all a farce and we all know it. If we finish 1st and Pies/Tigers finish 4th, it’ll be at the G, which is unfair for the cats let’s be honest, would be like Richmond/Collingwood finishing 1st and Geelong 4th, then the game being played at GMHBA.

All in all, it either has to be give us home games in Geelong against any team, or not at all, unfair on the interstate teams then.

So is half the commentary by Richmond posters in this thread, to be fair. You created yet another thread on a question that's been answered more times than anyone can count. It's not productive and borders on trolling behaviour. All this will do is start another sh*t fight, and you know it.

I don’t see to many in here to be honest. Mainly myself. So take your generalisations elsewhere on the supporter base please.
And the question hasn’t been answered by the AFL in any way or shape. And your club has brought it up again this year.

No complaints about our draw when we played 4 interstate in the first 10 weeks and a couple at Marvel this season though yeah? And you realise they’re not all Richmond home games?

It’s pointless saying they’re not Richmond home games, they practically are, it’s at the MCG, “your” home ground, doesn’t change much. Would be like say Western Bulldogs having a home game against Geelong at GMHBA.

It’s pointless saying they’re not Richmond home games, they practically are, it’s at the MCG, “your” home ground, doesn’t change much. Would be like say Western Bulldogs having a home game against Geelong at GMHBA.

What about the first part of my post which you ignored? And it’s not about Richmond.

I fully support Geelong hosting a final at Kardinia Park, although i think they will need collingwood and richmond to finsih 2nd or 5th/6th to garuntee the MCG final matches. Theres a possability that Geelong might be the only Victorian team hosting a final in week 1 which the MCG will demand be at there ground. I thing Geelong fans should be more concerned with the MCG and it's antics rather than the AFL.

Just have a look at the OP's location, #rentfree in Cats and Magpie supporters heads.

Another boring troll. They are obsessed with Geelong for some reason.

Quote some troll posts from this thread of mine please. If you can’t handle debate, leave. It’s a big ol world out there. And sorry for having some fun in a location.

The real question should be, "Will Richmond supporters have a particularly sore anoo if Geelong get a home final at their cheat ground?"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfair? They play 9 home games this year compared to the Tigers 13 at the MCG including the final seven matches in a row!.

Yeah because playing games on a ground we don't train on is a huge advantage to us, while we're at it why don't the AFL schedule the grand final at Geelong's training ground too.

i just think people are weirdly against the idea of having finals at Skilled. I don’t really get it. It won’t happen but if North or Bulldogs finish high enough they should get games at Marvel, if that’s their preference. I don’t get why it’s an issue with so many supporters.

It is what it is.

If Eagles/Freo/GWS finish higher and play the Cats then they get it at their home ground, so they have no right to complain if the Cats get it at Kardinia Park if they finish higher. The fact other clubs don't have to go there is a bonus for the other clubs, doesn't make it unfair for the interstate sides. Their members still get tickets, it's not like a H&A game where it can be hard to get in, Freo didn't even sell out their allocation at the 2013 final there and they were then released to the public.

It's all swings and roundabouts anyway.
Look at Richmond last year, 2 home finals after finishing higher but had to play both at their oppositions home ground. Year before they got an away final at their own home ground. Eagles/Freo get a guaranteed home ground advantage against all but 1 club in their finals.

This topic seems to emerge most years.

Currently Geelong is two games and % clear on top of the ladder and seems likely to finish top 2 and earn a home qualifying final, barring a complete collapse.

Brian Cook has already held preliminary discussions with the AFL about the prospect of the hosting a home final should we earn one.

It seems like a pipe dream that we would one day host a big Victorian club in a final at Geelong - but given all of GWS, West Coast, Brisbane and Adelaide are vying for top four spots this season, right now there is a reasonable chance we will finish top 2 and be drawn an interstate club in week one.

Should Geelong have the right to host a qualifying final against an interstate club at GHMBA Stadium?

I think Geelong have every right to host their home finals games at their home stadium. No different from an interstate team. Even vs Pies, Bombers etc.

My point was that those teams play every team at the same ground when they're the home team. They don't change the ground depending on who they're playing

Which isnt a fault of the system, rather unbalanced fixturing IMO

Remove this Banner Ad

Back