Play Nice Geelong home final at GHMBA Stadium, is this an unfair advantage?

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong hosting Richmond in week 1 of the finals at the G would be a massive PR disaster for the AFL.
No it wouldn't. Was it a massive PR disaster for the VFL whenever another Victorian team has had to host Melbourne at the MCG for the first 100 years of the competition?

No it wouldn't. Was it a massive PR disaster for the VFL whenever another Victorian team has had to host Melbourne at the MCG for the first 100 years of the competition?

The massive PR disaster is getting 9k to a GWS final.

Letting a club play a final on its training ground was a bigger PR disaster.
Thankfully that issue won't arise again with four days to play finals instead of three.
No more finals at Superhero Stadium either which is a good thing.

Letting a club play a final on its training ground was a bigger PR disaster.
Thankfully that issue won't arise again with four days to play finals instead of three.
No more finals at Superhero Stadium either which is a good thing.

GWS @ Spotless? 9k.

If they earn it they deserve it, why should the AFL give home ground advantages to Collingwood, Richmond Hawthorn ect playing at the MCG and not to Geelong.

The GF should be at the home ground of the team that finished top.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If they earn it they deserve it, why should the AFL give home ground advantages to Collingwood, Richmond Hawthorn ect playing at the MCG and not to Geelong.

The GF should be at the home ground of the team that finished top.
Who had the home ground advantage in last years prelim final between Collingwood and Richmond?

The rules state you earn a home state final correct me if I am wrong but is the MCG not in their home state. Finals have always been there for league to make money off

Richmond fans can try argue till the Cows come home, but there is no doubt Geelong are unfairly penalized by hosting a final at the G. Where is their advantage or reward for finishing in the top two (Assuming they will) ? Especially against an opponent whose home ground is the MCG (Richmond)

Of course, it's not Richmond's fault, it's the idiots at the AFL who want to maximize crowd and gate revenue over running a fair and equal competition.

The whole situation stinks.

The only ‘fair’ thing that should happen is that the Melbourne based team should also spend GF eve in a plush hotel in the city away from distractions just like a travelling team.

LOL

I hope I never read a post from you along the lines of Collingwood had a good win in Perth. Or Adelaide or Sydney or where ever.

Why? because you don't think travelling matters.or makes a difference.

So going forward you should refer to Collingwood winning or losing and not stating what stadium it state it is in. Because remember that makes no difference.

I laugh when I read your fans gloat over beating the Eagles by a point IN PERTH. Because r3ally what does it matter that you won in Perth. You had a nice hotel and a view if the river.

It's also Collingwoods, so tell me who had the home ground advantage?
Its a bonus for both of you, your playing on your home ground.
If you play Geelong there in the finals its still your home ground isn't it, because its definitely NOT/never was and probably never will be theirs?
Ticket allocations don't mean JS.

It's also Collingwoods, so tell me who had the home ground advantage?
You had it you were playing at your home ground. Geelong isn't able to play the final at their home ground which is Kardinia.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back