Play Nice Geelong home final at GHMBA Stadium, is this an unfair advantage?

Remove this Banner Ad

The Cats only finished 1st because the ridiculous leg up they get during H&A.

Didn’t deserve to finish 1st, and will make way to let the real contenders challenge for the flag.

The AFL needs to even up H&A season to stop gifting Geelong unwarranted finals games, it is making a mockery of the competition.

Maybe we could go back to calling it the VFL rather than the AFL like it was a 100 years ago.

Assuming last nights game should have been played at the MCG?

Did I say a non-vic side should play at the MCG?
How sad to put words in peoples mouths to support your arguments.

At what point to we start to aknowledge the game is rigged? Feel for Geelong tonight. Same as 2017, robbed by having to play away against a team that finished below them.on the ladder
Maybe they should get the * over it.

Melbourne teams like Carlton, Collingwood etc were forced out of their home grounds and play home games and finals at a ground where the crowd isn’t going to be representative of a home game.

Chris Scott is such a sook.

At what point to we start to aknowledge the game is rigged? Feel for Geelong tonight. Same as 2017, robbed by having to play away against a team that finished below them.on the ladder
so you will be protesting to have the semi final between Geelong and West coast played at Kardina park next week?

So we should just turn away about 60K supporters?

The rule is you get a final in your home state. Nothing rigged about it at all. They play at the MCG through the year and only get such a good finishing position because of their home ground advantage anyway.

They have nothing to complain about.
Honestly who cares about the 60,000 supporters who cant attend, as we saw last night they were all collingwood fans and it was an embarrassing advertisement for a geelong "home" game. Geelong deserved every advantage they could get based on their ladder position but as expected the AFL only care about money.

The AFL want a Collingwood Richmond Grand Final and will do anything to make sure it happens.

They should get to play at Kardinia Park. However, I find it strange that there’s never as much sooking or media when North, St Kilda or the Dogs play home finals at the MCG. These clubs don’t play any home games at the MCG, unlike Geelong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please understand that if you think a team playing at their home venue when they have earned it fairly is an unfair advantage then any attempt to procreate could be considered a crime against humanity for poisoning the gene pool. Not to mention it would be grossly unfair to your offspring to be born with s**t for brains.

P.s - mods come at me. I regret nothing and someone had to tell this clown the truth.
You ‘earn’ a double chance and not having to travel.

You don’t ‘earn’ the right to determine where finals are played.

And the real question is, did Geelong really ‘earn’ the minor premiership? They play on a toy ground with the biggest advantage in the league and had they a gift of a fixture...

AFL needs to fix the H&A advantage handed to Geelong before worrying about finals

I don't understand why grounds aren't more standardised MCG is what ~40m wider than KP? That sort of difference should never be permitted and consider KP was upgraded they should have tried to bring it closer to the G, look at WCE their record at the G since Optus is fantastic, of course the home fans add something but the main advantage for Geelong at KP is the ground dimensions that becomes a disadvantage at finals time, be that QF or the GF

It’s a tough question. History doesn’t support the idea of finals played in Geelong. I remember in the 90’s Carlton and the Cats playing finals at Waverley, a ground neither were home to. But then the National comp comes along and home finals become a big issue. I can see an argument for and against and neither automatically trumps the other.

Maybe we could go back to calling it the VFL rather than the AFL like it was a 100 years ago.

Assuming last nights game should have been played at the MCG?

You are aware just how many finals Geelong played at Corio Oval or Kardinia Park during the 100 odd years of the vfl?

Fun fact, Kat Park hosted its ONLY final during the AFL era

So hypothetically, where should a final be played if gold coast finish 1 and Brisbane 4?
Depends on the stance the AFL want to take. In the past they forced the Swans to play home finals at ANZ Stadium (even against the Giants) but that's no longer the case and the Swans host finals at the SCG these days. I'm inclined to think they would let us play it at Metricon. There have been several key moments over the years that show the AFL want us to host games at Metricon vs the Gabba. When they were first thinking about starting a team on the Gold Coast, there was a contract in place with the QLD state government that stated a second Queensland team would play all home games at the Gabba until 2015. They altered that contract just before we entered the competition so that we only had to play QClashes at the Gabba until 2015. Then, after lots of lobbying from our admin/fans after our first season, the QLD government ripped up that contract and we were free to host QClashes at Metricon. We've hosted QClashes at Metricon ever since and I highly doubt the AFL would force us to play a home final against the Lions at the Gabba.

I'm very confident any Suns home final would be at Metricon, regardless of opposition.

Depends on the stance the AFL want to take. In the past they forced the Swans to play home finals at ANZ Stadium (even against the Giants) but that's no longer the case and the Swans host finals at the SCG these days. I'm inclined to think they would let us play it at Metricon. There have been several key moments over the years that show the AFL want us to host games at Metricon vs the Gabba. When they were first thinking about starting a team on the Gold Coast, there was a contract in place with the QLD state government that stated a second Queensland team would play all home games at the Gabba until 2015. They altered that contract just before we entered the competition so that we only had to play QClashes at the Gabba until 2015. Then, after lots of lobbying from our admin/fans after our first season, the QLD government ripped up that contract and we were free to host QClashes at Metricon. We've hosted QClashes at Metricon ever since and I highly doubt the AFL would force us to play a home final against the Lions at the Gabba.

I'm very confident any Suns home final would be at Metricon, regardless of opposition.
And i agree that they should be able to host at Metricon too. But what about the "poor 20,000 fans who will miss out" argument?

You ‘earn’ a double chance and not having to travel.

You don’t ‘earn’ the right to determine where finals are played.

And the real question is, did Geelong really ‘earn’ the minor premiership? They play on a toy ground with the biggest advantage in the league and had they a gift of a fixture...

AFL needs to fix the H&A advantage handed to Geelong before worrying about finals
thats right. they are gifted easy wins on that skinny little ground - then think they are King Dick and make demands - but then can't hack it in finals. The ground is their undoing. Its hilarious.

Chris Scott knows that the unique dimensions and massive home ground advantage at Kardinia Park allows him to make finals almost every year, and guarantees him a fat contract extension. He also know that his finals record, without Bomber Thompson doing all the heavy lifting, is atrocious and continues to get worse. And having an enormous ego, he knows that his finals record reflects directly on him, hence why his bleating over this issue has gotten louder and louder with each passing year.

This is all about Chris Scott, his massive ego and his limitations as a coach.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back