Play Nice Geelong home final at GHMBA Stadium, is this an unfair advantage?

At what point to we start to aknowledge the game is rigged? Feel for Geelong tonight. Same as 2017, robbed by having to play away against a team that finished below them.on the ladder
Don’t feel for them too much. What they were asking for is to have a final on their home ground against a team who has never played on that ground.

This would be an unprecedented occurrence in the history of the game and patently unfair on the visiting team.

Despite what some cat supporters have said here Geelong is torn between having 11 home games at GMHBA v having home game blockbusters on the MCG and the rest at GMHB. Their president Colin Carter confirmed that today in an interview with 3AW. He said one of their considerations was home games on the G cater for the large Melb based element of their supporter base.

Until that was sorted out and Geelong gave up the cosy arrangement of 9 GMHBA home games and getting 5-7 games on the G each season they can’t really expect to play finals match on a ground the other side has never played on (in the modern era)

BruceTempany14

Calling out Geelong supporters
Aug 4, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
So , your coach has reAlly mentally disintegrated your team . Straight sets looming large , Duncan gone fir the year . So knob features , got anything to mouth off about ? I’d say not .

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Honestly who cares about the 60,000 supporters who cant attend, as we saw last night they were all collingwood fans and it was an embarrassing advertisement for a geelong "home" game. Geelong deserved every advantage they could get based on their ladder position but as expected the AFL only care about money.

This may have been said already but Geelong have the best home ground advantage of any Victorian team in the home and away fixture, that is beyond dispute. That advantage has helped Geelong stay in finals contention as well as top four contention. Would that team have done so if their home was Marvel with a diluted home ground advantage?

Every other Melbourne team must share their home ground with other tenants. So their home ground advantages are diluted when playing each other. Only Geelong has the benefit of a stand alone home ground and that provides them with a massive advantage and they don't share the ground with anyone.

During finals all Marvel tenants must play home finals at the MCG. They don't have a choice. But Geelong are demanding they are different and should benefit more than Marvel tenants who get no choice whatsoever PLUS a diluted home ground advantage all year.

So why does Geelong deserve a massive home ground advantage both in season and finals that no other Victorian team gets? Why are they so special?

The answer is they aren't and that is another reason finals at the MCG makes sense both commercially and equitably.

BruceTempany14

Calling out Geelong supporters
Aug 4, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Maybe you dead head of a coach should quit . Fancy putting a phobia of your own home ground into your players heads . He should never , ever be able to mentor young men again . Eat it , you are typical of your overated hack sides attitude. You are our finals bunny .
I think an apology should come from you to me fir your terrible approach .

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

wal

Premiership Player
Mar 13, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
EFFC
Don’t feel for them too much. What they were asking for is to have a final on their home ground against a team who has never played on that ground.

This would be an unprecedented occurrence in the history of the game and patently unfair on the visiting team.

Until that was sorted out and Geelong gave up the cosy arrangement of 9 GMHBA home games and getting 5-7 games on the G each season they can’t really expect to play finals match on a ground the other side has never played on (in the modern era)
2006 Fremantle played a preliminary final on a ground the club had never played on before.

2006 Fremantle played a preliminary final on a ground the club had never played on before.
Good point. Didn’t know that but for me that’s clearly wrong. I am strongly of the view that it is wrong for the GF to be played at the MCG each year. It should be played in the state of the highest seeded side. Last year should have been in Perth.

Back