Autopsy Geelong lose to Port by 11 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our skills yesterday were poor, and we were physically pulverised at every opportunity. If we come out with that approach and hunt the Crows, it could be good cor us. I really believe that was a healthy loss. No great % loss; it could have been worse. Injuries- not sure. Things to work on- FOR SURE.

And as is often the case, very little respect here for Port. They were excellent last pm, and would have beaten most teams, as they've shown at times already (WCE)

This is what disappoints and frustrates me. they say they are working figuring out the post-bye thingy. Was this not an option discussed? Play it like a knockout finals, come out absolutely breathing fire and see how it goes. Take a finals mentality into a game, just to prove to themselves that they can do it, at the minimum. They will find it very hard to peg back leads against good finals teams.

A lot of talk about how Port 'just needed to kick straight' and suddenly we're flogged. Consider me and the shot plot at least mildly sceptical of this "wisdom".

Screenshot_20190623-151136_Footy Live.jpg

This is what disappoints and frustrates me. they say they are working figuring out the post-bye thingy. Was this not an option discussed? Play it like a knockout finals, come out absolutely breathing fire and see how it goes. Take a finals mentality into a game, just to prove to themselves that they can do it, at the minimum. They will find it very hard to peg back leads against good finals teams.

Problem is the opposition is trying to do the same thing. Every week. If an AFL level team isn't trying to bring it then they'll be smacked much harder than we were.

I hope Guthrie pulls a string or does a calf. It'll improve our midfield and ensure we go into the finals with a full team.
Classy.
You're not a fan of this club, you claim to be but you're not.

No fan wishes injury on a player of their club.
Bobby and Blighty were banned for less than this. They only wanted us to lose to get the coach sacked.

It's called awareness. Rohan has none and he suffered the consequences.

I hope Guthrie pulls a string or does a calf. It'll improve our midfield and ensure we go into the finals with a full team.
I thought you were gunna put me on ignore! That was after you were gunna leave, before you changed your name. I guess your gunna change your name again. You're clearly a "gunner".
You mean awareness of an approaching player when you are focused on the ball and where it is going and where you should be. It seems you were rejoicing when Rohan was carted off, for having no awareness. For what it is worth, from the replay the Port player didn't see Rohan and it was a collision, a collision sometimes happens on the footy field, most humane people have sympathy for those injured in a collision, in your case you seem to be happy and wishing more damage on another Geelong player.
Having played footy in the past I would never wish injury on any player, opposition, thug or our own. You're obviously of a different moral persuasion.
You're having a lot of fun on this thread, bet you can't wait for the next Geelong loss.

Last edited:
Would I be banned if I wished Cockarfitt broke both hands in some accident that rendered him unable to post - because apparently he gets free reign to openly wish injury on our players. When you're doing that, it's time to step back and assess your priorities. "I hope this young man sustains an injury and can't do his job because I get sulky when my sports team loses." FFs, get a life.

The take home message for me was how exposed we are when we encounter a genuine in-form ruckman. And when you consider the Eagles are about to get Naitanui back and the other serious contender has Grundy we have work to do.

I'd love to see the club focus on Smith in an attempt to get him up to speed as he's our only genuine ruck hope in my view.

Our skills yesterday were poor, and we were physically pulverised at every opportunity. If we come out with that approach and hunt the Crows, it could be good cor us. I really believe that was a healthy loss. No great % loss; it could have been worse. Injuries- not sure. Things to work on- FOR SURE.

And as is often the case, very little respect here for Port. They were excellent last pm, and would have beaten most teams, as they've shown at times already (WCE)

Perhaps next year Scott shouldn’t give the players a break and they keep training right through the bye weekend. They were still in holiday mode last night.
I think they tried that one year :)

Maybe a hypnotist or voodoo witchdoctor next year?:think:

Personally I think a grande pissup in a Bali pub (sans SOs) would do the trick.:thumbsu:

This board will not be fun when we are in a full rebuild.

Hawkins. He was triple teamed and no one asks why is he the only forward who get zippo from the white wise men. Have a look at the crap frees that Dixon got. Hawkins doesnt stage for frees, but the geelong officialdom need to put it on the record. Have a coffee with gill in Hawaii if he has the 5 minutes to spare. Further have a look at the frees that cox gets. Hawkins cant lift his hands above his head for a reason.

Selwood is injured. Its not his call rest him for 8 weeks and get games into constable and co. He needs to be cherry ripe for finals. They brought him back early when he injured an ankle and we are now seeing the result.

Forte is a mature recruit and is a soft ruck, and a cheap forward. He doesnt crash the packs looks. He is not the support that Hawkins needs. Play Buzza.

2e all year has been suspect. Put him in the two and let him earn his keep.

AFL
- the hit on Taylor deserves at least a week. If that is a fine, then we should be furious for the crap that Hawkins has been suspended for. Taylor thought he had a punctured lung. It was a complete dog act. And it is the reason why the AFL is gutless to get rid of this shite. All these acts should be called out, and these players named and shame. Look at the crap Ablett copped for in play hits.
- the hit on Rohan was not his fault. He does not need awareness that a player will line him up. If that happened on the street it is a criminal offence. And for all the head injury bullshite we hear lets see how serious the AFL is. Another gutless act.

What we fail to recruit is an enforcer. Someone with the mongrel to repay the penalty to protect our ball players, as the AFL fails to do this.

Im over it, dog acts continue to be ignored.

34 in the VFL yesterday... mind you I think even I might get 34 playing against Frankston.

Lol...43 umm l mean 34, still was the top stat and something like 14-16 marks is a fair tune up.
If we think the teams locked we're kidding ourselves our bottom 6 are a week to week imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol...43 umm l mean 34, still was the top stat and something like 14-16 marks is a fair tune up.
If we think the teams locked we're kidding ourselves our bottom 6 are a week to week imo.

I don't think there are six spots necessarily up for grabs. Constable is definitely going to play more AFL footy this year, it's just a matter of when/how.

The take home message for me was how exposed we are when we encounter a genuine in-form ruckman. And when you consider the Eagles are about to get Naitanui back and the other serious contender has Grundy we have work to do.

I'd love to see the club focus on Smith in an attempt to get him up to speed as he's our only genuine ruck hope in my view.
How's Grundy's tap work compared to other top rucks. I thought he was a great around the park type, like Stanley. If so then RS might have a better chance.

Hawkins. He was triple teamed and no one asks why is he the only forward who get zippo from the white wise men. Have a look at the crap frees that Dixon got. Hawkins doesnt stage for frees, but the geelong officialdom need to put it on the record. Have a coffee with gill in Hawaii if he has the 5 minutes to spare. Further have a look at the frees that cox gets. Hawkins cant lift his hands above his head for a reason.

Selwood is injured. Its not his call rest him for 8 weeks and get games into constable and co. He needs to be cherry ripe for finals. They brought him back early when he injured an ankle and we are now seeing the result.

Forte is a mature recruit and is a soft ruck, and a cheap forward. He doesnt crash the packs looks. He is not the support that Hawkins needs. Play Buzza.

AFL
- the hit on Taylor deserves at least a week. If that is a fine, then we should be furious for the crap that Hawkins has been suspended for. Taylor thought he had a punctured lung. It was a complete dog act. And it is the reason why the AFL is gutless to get rid of this ****e. All these acts should be called out, and these players named and shame. Look at the crap Ablett copped for in play hits.
- the hit on Rohan was not his fault. He does not need awareness that a player will line him up. If that happened on the street it is a criminal offence. And for all the head injury ********e we hear lets see how serious the AFL is. Another gutless act.

What we fail to recruit is an enforcer. Someone with the mongrel to repay the penalty to protect our ball players, as the AFL fails to do this.

jeez after viewing the clip, that was a classic straight right like you practice with the heavy bag. did not look like a tummy tap. that had to hurt.
Rohan's should be cited simply for the outcome, as it follow's AFL's precedents. IMO would have a fine for rough play, + a week for the injury as it wasn't in a contest. One of the lotto type calls by the AFL.
Henry's was of the sort I'd like to see our guys do once and a while, especially to noted niggler/cheap shot types.

Scape your goats if it makes you feel better but anything other than this is a waste of breath:

View attachment 697086

That’s the definition of having your pants pulled down in the midfield battle. Funnily enough, that’s how Geelong has lost matches every time for the past decade. With Kelly nullified we had no answer and too much left to Dangerfield. Duncan was good on a wing but we lost it inside.

Midfield needs a shakeup. We have a guy playing VFL (Constable) that is a natural ball winner and we are lacking exactly that. Parfitt is not a good ball winner and needs to find himself a wing or half forward role or get back to the VFL to practice his craft.

Stanley is battling a bit at the moment. I wouldn’t be jumping off him just yet but Smith is a tempting option.

This ^^^^^^^

Our finals will be a mirror of last night unless things change.

Not good enough 👎

I don't think there are six spots necessarily up for grabs. Constable is definitely going to play more AFL footy this year, it's just a matter of when/how.

I didn't say there was necessarily, but that the last 6 needs to be more fluid.
The last 6/8 makes the difference in hard games and finals, so l'd be focusing on that crucial group going forward this season.

AFL
- the hit on Taylor deserves at least a week. If that is a fine, then we should be furious for the crap that Hawkins has been suspended for. Taylor thought he had a punctured lung. It was a complete dog act. And it is the reason why the AFL is gutless to get rid of this ****e. All these acts should be called out, and these players named and shame. Look at the crap Ablett copped for in play hits.
- the hit on Rohan was not his fault. He does not need awareness that a player will line him up. If that happened on the street it is a criminal offence. And for all the head injury ********e we hear lets see how serious the AFL is. Another gutless act.

I think you mean Hartlett’s hit on Henry. That was something from yesteryear. The cats had plenty of chances to do the same to the port players but chose not to. I don’t know how it wasn’t a free kick..hip and shoulder into someone’s back.

Imagine if someone did that to Charlie Dixon? He would have flown over the fence superman style.

jeez after viewing the clip, that was a classic straight right like you practice with the heavy bag. did not look like a tummy tap. that had to hurt.
Rohan's should be cited simply for the outcome, as it follow's AFL's precedents. IMO would have a fine for rough play, + a week for the injury as it wasn't in a contest. One of the lotto type calls by the AFL.
Henry's was of the sort I'd like to see our guys do once and a while, especially to noted niggler/cheap shot types.
the taylor one is a week for me, as taylor was in severe pain, and can be seen at half time
rohans is two weeks

the reason for two weeks is that rohan was out for a game, so the punishment needs to more than the punishment he dished out, and it was totally stupid

I think you mean Hartlett’s hit on Henry. That was something from yesteryear. The cats had plenty of chances to do the same to the port players but chose not to. I don’t know how it wasn’t a free kick..hip and shoulder into someone’s back.

Imagine if someone did that to Charlie Dixon? He would have flown over the fence superman style.
no, there was a massive punch to taylors mid, even at half time he was in pain

the henry incident was at least in play, the other two were complete dog acts,

images

There are no issues after the bye. It is a completely different set of players.

Can add that script to the image? Brilliant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Very average tonight. Not enough players on their game tonight., Can’t remember the last time Hawkins played so badly. Buzza for Rohan next week?

Krueger for Rohan. Mobile fwd with defensive skills. Buzza barely AFL standard for mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back