Autopsy Geelong lose to Port by 11 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor

Post bye.

Not good enough at all.

And there are some good questions to be answered now.

Vent and be pissed but dont be stupid.

GO Catters

My man Stanley - I don't know what else I can say... We had more passengers than a P&O cruise liner. We were second to the ball - did not do the basics right (disposal, front and centre, tackling)... Disgraceful performance - now all we need is Chris Scott to say its overblown and everything is well at Catland. Everyone will move on - we will win at home and people will quickly forget that horid performance... Until finals when we get the same pressure applied and drop our pants again in front of the whole country. Yep - things are good.

While we were bog ordinary most the night, one positive IMO was on the balance of play we should've lost by about 8 goals instead of 11 points, so credit to the boys for fighting it out and not dropping our collective bundles.

images

There are no issues after the bye. It is a completely different set of players.

Very average tonight. Not enough players on their game tonight., Can’t remember the last time Hawkins played so badly. Buzza for Rohan next week?

Weird game. Only lost by a couple of goals but it feels like they're aren't many positives.
Clark playing off a wing at times looked really dangerous. Danger and Kolo for parts of the match were great.
Some players were very poor though. The ruck!!! WTF. Amazing we lost by so little.

Meh, not gonna lose my s**t over that. We were due a loss. You’d still take 11-2 any day of the year. Played crap, lots of injuries, lots of players down and only lost by 11. I’m confident of a bounce back against Adelaide next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Minus 36 for contested possessions.
Minus 16 for clearances. Minus 13 at stoppages.
Smacked in the ruck.

There's the loss right there.
Midfield lost us that game, not Hawkins, not our forward line. Not our defenders.

The midfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disappointing. I really had hoped that this game would show the difference from previous seasons. But we looked just as lame as last year.

Not encouraging.

Poor

Post bye.

Not good enough at all.

And there are some good questions to be answered now.

Vent and be pissed but dont be stupid.

GO Catters

Are there actually questions to be answered??

There was no tactical edge by port..

We got smashed in the contested footy

Smashed in the clearances

Smashed in the middle

Hardly had our hands on the ball.

That is the blueprint to beating anyone in any AFL game.

Just a very poor game and one I can dismiss as that.

Will be beneficial for the boys to go away and look at everything that went wrong and work very hard on certain aspects.

Was watching Chernobyl before the game + had a sinking feeling.

We lost. We're still 11-2, which is fantastic.

Back to Chernobyl + my sinking feeling.

Enjoy the melts!

Utter garbage and the worst we have played all year, but that said its only 11 points so I guess thats something you can take away from that shitshow of a match.

But there are deficiencies in our side, and Port exposed every single one of them. And a lot of them started when we had ONE ruck in Stanley, and when he got obliterated there was no plan B.

But make no mistake, that was finals style pressure and we completely failed the test.

If that's how they addressed the elephant in the room, according to Scott, how do we avoid the finals bye? We'll fight another day I suppose.Worst is commentators creaming their jeans.

That was diabolical.

- Sav needs to come back in for Fort ASAP. If not, I’d rather Buzza than Fort.

- Stanley - Back to his usual pissweak self. We simply MUST find a solution to our ruck problems. I don’t know how but it must happen.

- Blicavs kicking is still a worry

- Kolo was decent other than a couple of shanks in the last quarter

- If Mardi Dangerfield had gone into labour a few hours later we’d have lost that game by ten goals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back