Nickoo

Norm Smith Medallist
May 13, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory
I have yet to see Krueger play but based on the stats of his past two games he looks like he could be a regular goal scorer for us.

Can he play a ruck/forward role though? I can't see Abbott, Fort or Smith playing the "forward" part of that role.

Probably more as a Rohan replacement if he doesn’t get up this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sometimes you'd swear rushed behinds don't exist and all shots are equal the way people read the scoresheet and extrapolate from there.

Very true!

The out on the full + other goal misses are not shown either. So where do those appear in the Stats?

The six rushed puts a different perspective, still, Port was inaccurate, but then, so was Geelong.

Geelong appears to Rush Behind more than oppo teams ???

2019 - Scoring Statistics-To Round14.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No. But if Gaj had you’d see wall to wall reporting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Now, of course, it's all about that Ablett sniper!

Prior, if it was any of the Geelong players, BT + his cronies would ensure they were sanctioned + all over the internet + social media.

I was discussion the Port game free kicks on Twitter + all these idiots appear out of no where + crap on about Gaz!

Hinkley29

Premiership Player
Jan 25, 2008
the heart of darkness
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
StL Cards, THFC, South Sydney
To all the chicken littles on this thread, Can please answer me one question:

Has this year's team and coaches not banked enough credits thus far through the season that you cannot look past one bad performance?

If we put forward 2 more bad games in the next 4 weeks then I will be concerned, but you cannot expect any team to be at their peak for 22 weeks.

No team in the league had been as consistently good this season as Geelong, even including Saturday night's blip.

To be honest, if any other fan base read this thread they would be horrified at the level of entitled fans that inhabit it. It is pretty embarrassing.

Last edited by a moderator:
It felt like a 7 goal loss to me.
From after 1/2 time I thought we were done.
The expected scores show that there was no legitimate story of inaccuracy. They say nothing about dominance of general play.

Sep 7, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Dallas Mavs, West Ham
Usually when we are smashed like that in the middle we are down by 6 goals at quarter time. It's not all bad

Also smashed in the middle by Richmond in Q1 before the bye.

Defensive structures are sound.

Farmer2Goggin

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Celtics

Has this year's team and coaches not banked enough credits thus far through the season that you cannot look past one bad performance?

If we put forward 2 more bad games in the next 4 weeks then I will be concerned, but you cannot expect any team to be at their peak for 22 weeks.

No team in the league had been as consistently good this season as Geelong, even including Saturday night's blip.

To be honest, if any other fan base read this thread they would be horrified at the level of entitled fanbois that inhabit it. It is pretty embarrassing.

Spot on Hinkley29
Perfect storm for the Port game - coming off 8 straight wins plus the bye......still only a combined total of 15 points down from 2 losses and a very healthy percentage to boot.
Adelaide have hit some form so a very good test awaits - let's see how we respond

Aug 2, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
Spot on Hinkley29
Perfect storm for the Port game - coming off 8 straight wins plus the bye......still only a combined total of 15 points down from 2 losses and a very healthy percentage to boot.
Adelaide have hit some form so a very good test awaits - let's see how we respond
The percentage of 146 is healthy, but it actually tells a little bit of a story, I think.
My recollection is that teams with an 11-2 record or similar would normally have a significantly higher percentage, c.160-170%.
Which indicates what I've said elsewhere, that we have been consistent, but we have also been less dominant than you would expect from a "true 11-2 team".

Herne Hill Hammer

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 22, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong

To be honest, if any other fan base read this thread they would be horrified at the level of entitled fanbois that inhabit it. It is pretty embarrassing.

No, because it happened directly after a bye. If we had put forward 2 or 3 sub-par performances between now and the end of the h&a I wouldn't be concerned. We can win every game for the rest of the h&a season but to win it, we've got to get over the pre-finals bye and potentially a bye prior to a prelim.

Some used the word either in this thread or another, the post bye malaise which is about apt.

The percentage of 146 is healthy, but it actually tells a little bit of a story, I think.
My recollection is that teams with an 11-2 record or similar would normally have a significantly higher percentage, c.160-170%.
Which indicates what I've said elsewhere, that we have been consistent, but we have also been less dominant than you would expect from a "true 11-2 team".
Freo in 2015 was the last team that had a record of 11-2 or better. They were 12-1 and 137.8.

Before that Port in 2014 was 11-2 and 148.5, Hawthorn in 2013 were 12-1 and 145, Geelong in 2013 were 11-2 and 128.9, Collingwood in 2012 were 11-2 and 124.2, Geelong in 2011 were 13-0 and 145.1, Geelong in 2009 were 13-0 and 149.7.

The one team that fits most closely with your “true” 11-2 description is Collingwood in 2011 who were 12-1 and 169.7. But as the numbers show, that was an outlier among 11-2, 12-1 and 13-0 teams and no 11-2 team in recent history has done significantly better than Geelong in 2019.

Saints in 2009 were 13-0 and 177.5 which is the highest I can find on a quick search.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back