Autopsy Geelong lose to Richmond by 18 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I totally agree. He has done next to nothing (injury a big part of this obviously). But I can't see the hype as some others do. At least not yet. He has only played 34 games, but I have yet to see anything other than glimpses that would indicate he is going to be a star of the competition. I think there may be some disappointed people in the coming years. I hope I'm wrong.

The shame was the West Coast game was one of the first times where he was getting consistently involved in the play and contributing well. It was looking like a good step in the right direction.

What is absolute rubbish Partridge? Is your position that Cockatoo never tackled any one with vigour or "menace" if one wants to use the word. The question was asked when was a the last time someone showed something along that line ... Id say Cockatoo has shown plenty of that type of attitude. Whether he is over rated or has failed to stay fit is a different debate for mine but there is no doubt in my mind that NC does tackle to hurt as much as anyone our list..

That's where we disagree. He certainly tackles with intent and that's great. But he doesn't do it consistently nor particularly intelligently. In the Prelim he did one such tackle - which looked great, and we'd all ooh and aah at his intent, and maybe even menace - except that it was stupidly late and cost us a 50 metre penalty. I'd much prefer he starts getting 15-20 touches a match consistently than thinking he needs to dump opposition players into the turf and "menace" them. It reminds me of when Caddy was trying to break 3 tackles every time he got the ball until he slowly discovered that opposition players can tackle too. It's no coincidence his form has gotten better now that he's stopped doing that. I'm hoping Cockatoo does the same thing.

The shame was the West Coast game was one of the first times where he was getting consistently involved in the play and contributing well. It was looking like a good step in the right direction.

Yeah, absolutely. I fear he will never get any continuity as I really don't think his body can hold up to the rigours of AFL footy. It's only early days for him, but I've seen enough to suggest he could be another Cowan, McCarthy etc.

That's where we disagree. He certainly tackles with intent and that's great. But he doesn't do it consistently nor particularly intelligently. In the Prelim he did one such tackle - which looked great, and we'd all ooh and aah at his intent, and maybe even menace - except that it was stupidly late and cost us a 50 metre penalty. I'd much prefer he starts getting 15-20 touches a match consistently than thinking he needs to dump opposition players into the turf and "menace" them. It reminds me of when Caddy was trying to break 3 tackles every time he got the ball until he slowly discovered that opposition players can tackle too. It's no coincidence his form has gotten better now that he's stopped doing that. I'm hoping Cockatoo does the same thing.

My comment was purely made rel to that when he last played you probably saw a tackle with menace or intent , however you want to frame it. It was an not over riding comment about anymore than he probably is one player who does tackle that way etc. I was not discussing him be consistent or intelligent or infact using the tackle at the right time in games etc.

If I were to discuss that id say more than anything he needs to stay fit and get minutes up. I think he probably over does it trying to prove his worth and id hope that would smooth off if only he could only stay fit.

Geelong ask for this game not Richmond
Geelong footy club were hoping to make a bunch of money out of the huge Tiger fan base
Its the cats home game that you guys did not show up so how is this Richmond's fault.
I understand that sometime any supporters don't want to see facts but blaming Richmond for you poor management has got to be the best I have heard.
Rubbish.

Absolute rubbish. He has no impact and imaginary menace doesn't scare anyone these days.

He's the most overrated player on this board by a significant margin.
Overrated? I think it's quite the opposite.

Absolute rubbish. He has no impact and imaginary menace doesn't scare anyone these days.

He's the most overrated player on this board by a significant margin.
Have re-read Turbo’s comment and read the above comment he was replying to.
Wondering what part you’re struggling to comprehend.

Based on the question at hand Turbocat was correct. The last player to tackle someone with some vigour probably was Cockatoo. That says nothing about his ability or anything else other than that.

Based on the question at hand Turbocat was correct. The last player to tackle someone with some vigour probably was Cockatoo. That says nothing about his ability or anything else other than that.

Then we disagree. Dangerfield tackles with vigour in every game.

Geelong ask for this game not Richmond
Geelong footy club were hoping to make a bunch of money out of the huge Tiger fan base
Its the cats home game that you guys did not show up so how is this Richmond's fault.
I understand that sometime any supporters don't want to see facts but blaming Richmond for you poor management has got to be the best I have heard.

Perhaps get your facts right before posting on our board. Our preference is all 11 home games to be played in Geelong. We make more money there than playing home games at the MCG, even if the capacity is not what the 'G is.

35971757_1453618561451027_2032464891964555264_n.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely on the mark; geelong are required to play two home games at the G. They have already stated they want one less and once stage five is in none.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
They didn't ask for it.

I think PAR-FITT did that last week

Remove this Banner Ad

Back