Autopsy Geelong loses to Brisbane by 1 point.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blitz conceded a few stoppage goals so didn't work for mine. For me he is a defensive play and Stanley is an attacking option. If you get no positive but still concede the negative you might as well have Stanley and give the opposition something to worry about at least.

No one else seems to see it but I think Henderson really lacks composure, especially on ground balls. It's not a rusty thing or maturity thing but he has come in late in the last 4 finals series and stunk it up big time. I'd rather Blitz back there on Lynch or Kennedy or Cameron any day of the week.

Stanley can suck at times but he can also bring a goal or two. A midfield with Danger Kelly Ablett Selwwod Parfitt Duncan shouldn't need bolstering. Our backline certainly does.

Absolutely, no no I get nervous if I see Hendo on the team sheet. Retirement is on the cards for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Absolute rubbish statement. I admire the club for what it has done in the last 15 years. I know that teams like North Melbourne and Melbourne would kill for öur problem"but....I don't see the point of working so hard just to make finals when you are never a serious threat against the top teams. We have been found out time and time again in finals in recent years.
How would we have gone in recent years without Hawkins - would we have made finals?, would we have won in '11?. Remember we got lucky by being able to select him as a father son and only giving up a 2nd round pick and after that they changed the rules. It hasn't all been good management, there has been an element of luck that goes with it.

Now with Hawkins and Selwood ageing and Dangerfield reaching that point and Tim Kelly probably leaving then this must be our year, if we get smashed in a final again then IMO we should be looking to rebuild and first point of call is a talented ruckman, then build the side around him.

As I said "if"....this years final series is the litmus test

What’s a rubbish is saying stuff like “failure” and “sack the coach” because we continuously make finals without winning a grand final. You undermine how difficult it is to continuously get to where we do year in year out.

Every premiership has elements of luck, we were no different.

We have been rebuilding our list. Look at all the name changes year in year out. Or would you prefer a Melbourne Carlton style rebuild??

What’s a rubbish is saying stuff like “failure” and “sack the coach” because we continuously make finals without winning a grand final. You undermine how difficult it is to continuously get to where we do year in year out.

Every premiership has elements of luck, we were no different.

We have been rebuilding our list. Look at all the name changes year in year out. Or would you prefer a Melbourne Carlton style rebuild??
You make good points but we got back to making finals since 2015 cause of Danger and Danger alone.
Someone like him coming to our club for unders only happens once in a lifetime.
Let's hope we make the most of this opportunity while we can.

little disucssion left about the Lions loss...

and spinning dangerously off into other topics.

We are done here

Go Catters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back