Autopsy Geelong loses to Demons by 25 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Just not a very good side at the moment. Doubling-down by recruiting the old players was the wrong move. Our game plan is now severely outdated and simply won't work. If the team can't change it'll be a very rough year. Add to that we just don't have the balance of quality talent needed now to win. The game has passed this group by.

The margin flattered us. Melbourne controlled the game all day and could have taken it away from us in the first quarter with better accuracy. We were never in it.

Zuthrie played in the 2017 final against Richmond. Was missing in that game and 4 years later he hasn’t put on any size or improved his game. Time to give someone else a chance. Constance must be angry.

Zuthrie has actually put on something like 10kgs. Funny that you use Constable as the solution, how much size has he put on? lol

Just so much wrong with this club:

- sh*t style not worth sh*t in this modern game. Don’t give me that crap that it’s the players - find a style that suits the players AND the current rules

- an extension of WHY the style is sh*t us it saps natural instinct and natural flair our players have. They look flat, over think, hesitate and just f*cking look to be HATING their time out there. This is why no one congratulated smith. No unity out there.

- another extension is it LETS the other team play well and take advantage

- moving on from style, we just don’t tackle and harass with aggression. Every time the ball was in contest there were more melb players. We were out numbered and lost. No urgency, half tackles and melb players broke tackles

- too many defenders in the team

- there is no unity in transitioning the ball. The players have NO CONNECTION. Do they even like each other off the field? Looks like they’ve never spoken to each other

- what is our culture? If Scott dodges through the press conference I’ll blow a fuse. The direction our club is taking is deeply concerning. From game style, to list management. We’re about to fall off the cliff hard. And we don’t have good picks or enough elite youth to dig our way out

- lastly, why the f*ck were we trading our future round 1 pick in the last draft. Absolute dead set arrogance. You NEVER know what’s going to happen the year after. I called it at the time. That was stupid as were likely going to have a top 7 pick. Richmond laughing all the way to the draft

This is an all-time melt. I might save this for future laughs.

cats_09

To continue on from the game time thread, I think / hope CS is asking searching questions and demanding answers from all his assistant coaches.

It's his responsibility to ensure those guys are presenting a product that performs to his satisfaction and criteria.

Today's questions should include asking why the guys weren't motivated today, and justifications for some of the selections.

He is the senior coach. They answer to him. He should be throwing some weight around.

Bloke doesn't even like his job, not sure he is going to provide a lot of inspiration moving forward unfortunately.

I fully concede we're undermanned, but the first half today was deplorable, played like a bottom 4 team.

That fluffed bounce by henry when we were streaming forward for a certain goal was massively deflating.
Stanley missing a set shot 15m out in front and resulting in a goal at the other end was worse.

GO Catters

I'd rather us play Kreguer or Jarvis or someone up forward than making one of our better defenders play there.
Yeah, not sure about Jarvis, but Kreuger should be getting a go. I guess they have tried to make him a defender and now when they need a forward don’t want to play him. Wonder whether giving SKD a go for a couple of weeks could have offered more for both the short term in our games and long run for his development. Clearly looking like a player in our future. That said, Henry did pretty much get us the win with that Henry goal last week

Just not a very good side at the moment. Doubling-down by recruiting the old players was the wrong move. Our game plan is now severely outdated and simply won't work. If the team can't change it'll be a very rough year. Add to that we just don't have the balance of quality talent needed now to win. The game has passed this group by.

The margin flattered us. Melbourne controlled the game all day and could have taken it away from us in the first quarter with better accuracy. We were never in it.

??

Smith has been great for us and we're waiting on our biggest recruit to come back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zuthrie has actually put on something like 10kgs. Funny that you use Constable as the solution, how much size has he put on? lol
Not sure size is his issue. Fitness more likely. A player with his speed needs to be able to just keep going or he’s a bit of a liability

Where has he put that 10kgs? Didn't help him get pushed out of every contest today.
Slow and weak, not a good combination is it.

Best performance of the season all things considered - not that that's saying much. Much better skill and ball use accounting for the conditions but still look slow. Dees look good to me and they played the conditions a lot smarter. If we improve week-on-week like that a couple more times we might be decent by mid season.

Have some good players to come back in and some obvious duds in the side. All in all it's the most positive I've felt this season but we're clearly not a top 8 side as it stands.

Parfitt's stoppage work is underrated, his absence in games like these is evident. We really need some more young midfielders coming through alongside him. Clark and Holmes probably more suited to the wings, but it's a start at least. Constable's papers likely stamped which I think is a mistake, but that's besides the point. Cooper Stephens is the one we need to come on or we're looking extremely bare.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back