Autopsy Geelong loses to Doggies by 16 points // Rd 16 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes he averages 1 tackle a quarter which should be higher as he is not top 5 at the club for average tackles.

It's his defensive running that's the issue. Does not pressure the opposition. Just jogs along and waits for our defenders to win it back and calls for it

Maybe he's buggered from being the only one going in hard at the ball.....

A couple of turnovers isn't a drop in form. Momentum changers? We are 12 - 3.
He's still racking them up (besides this week). I simply think his first 10 weeks were comfortably more influential than his past 5. Would be handy if I had coaches votes comparisons for those periods, but I don't. When he's kicking goals in particular, it really improves our potency. Compare 3 goals from the past 5 games, with 9 from the 4 before that. I'm not saying I expect him to go at 2 goals a game, but it's pretty straight forward to suggest that stellar period of form hasn't been upheld. He had 3 great quarters against Richmond, but I didn't particularly rate his 35 possession game against Port. The rest has been pretty mediocre, with Duncan and other team mates being a part of losing midfield battles.

Without Duncan this year, we would not be top of the ladder. It's that simple.
Insert 21 other names that have formed our CURRENT best 22, as it is a team game.
Ok, that's OTT, but I could insert Guthrie with justification.

He's currently in the top 3 for turnovers causing scores in the comp post bye.
He's been, compared to his usual self, terrible by foot.

What cornflakes packet did you pull that from?
Dangerfield, Kelly, Atkins and Stewart lead the list of turnovers.

Men, not machines.
Top of the ladder=obsession with perfection.

What cornflakes packet did you pull that from?
Dangerfield, Kelly, Atkins and Stewart lead the list of turnovers.

Men, not machines.
Top of the ladder=obsession with perfection.

No, not flat turnovers.
Since the bye, Duncan has been top 3 for turnovers that caused opposition scores, in fairness the stat is pretty low but IIRC he was on about 7 half way through the dogs game.
3 or 4 (can't remember) came in the first half against Adelaide.
He's a very good player, but he's going through a very lean patch of form.

Apologies in the delay in getting these up - here are the midfield frequency stats from the game. If you haven't seen a previous post, this is an overall summary of how often your players were lining up as one of the 5 mids at bounces.

Overall Summary - 19

J.Selwood 18
Duncan 17 (14w, 3i)
Clark 16 wing
Kelly 14
Dangerfield 10
C.Guthrie 9 (6i, 3w)
Ablett 4
Fogarty 4 (3i, 1w)
Atkins 2 wing
O'Connor 1 wing

Rucks:
Stanley 15
Blicavs 4

Centre Clearance (per Champion Data/AFL.com.au
Kelly 3
Stanley 2
C.Guthrie 2
Dangerfield 1
Ablett 1

1st Half - 7

J.Selwood 7
Duncan 6 (5w, 1i)
Clark 5 wing
Kelly 5
Dangerfield 4
C.Guthrie 4 (3i, 1w)
Fogarty 3 (2i, 1w)
O'Connor 1 wing

Final Term - 7

J.Selwood 6
Duncan 6 (4w, 2i)
Clark 6 wing
Kelly 5
Dangerfield 5
C.Guthrie 4 (2i, 2w)
Atkins 2 wing
Ablett 1

Apologies in the delay in getting these up - here are the midfield frequency stats from the game. If you haven't seen a previous post, this is an overall summary of how often your players were lining up as one of the 5 mids at bounces.

Overall Summary - 19

J.Selwood 18
Duncan 17 (14w, 3i)
Clark 16 wing
Kelly 14
Dangerfield 10
C.Guthrie 9 (6i, 3w)
Ablett 4
Fogarty 4 (3i, 1w)
Atkins 2 wing
O'Connor 1 wing

Rucks:
Stanley 15
Blicavs 4

Centre Clearance (per Champion Data/AFL.com.au
Kelly 3
Stanley 2
C.Guthrie 2
Dangerfield 1
Ablett 1

1st Half - 7

J.Selwood 7
Duncan 6 (5w, 1i)
Clark 5 wing
Kelly 5
Dangerfield 4
C.Guthrie 4 (3i, 1w)
Fogarty 3 (2i, 1w)
O'Connor 1 wing

Final Term - 7

J.Selwood 6
Duncan 6 (4w, 2i)
Clark 6 wing
Kelly 5
Dangerfield 5
C.Guthrie 4 (2i, 2w)
Atkins 2 wing
Ablett 1
Don’t suppose you have the round by round for Geelong, eg. In excel format?

I reckon if I searched the word Guthrie on bigfooty, there would be a 100% correlation with PatrickBateman posts.

It’s almost as if he gets paid in some sort of ad-revenue fee for mentioning Guthrie in every post.

If he doesn’t then, all that is left to explain this is some sort of jilting situation.

I reckon Cameron Guthrie would get quite a scare if he ever googled his name and saw the obsession one individual seems to have for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lets not eat our own here. The boys are doing great, and if we are going to drop a few to remind us of our weaknesses, now is the time.
We are not 'all conquering' but we don't have to be to make the big dance. If I recall correctly the eagles dropped three straight after the bye last year. Then they lost one of their elite mids.
Horses for courses. It doesnt matter who is doing what in whichever stat. Its about whats best for the team and Im hoping for a good crack at finals.

It's a bit concerning that Selwood attended 18 centre bounces (all bar 1) but didn't register a single centre clearance. Needs to be better than that, or go back to his early season role playing more wing/outside.

Also interesting to note that Guthrie had 2 centre clearances from only 6 centre bounces attendances; 1 in 3 is easily the best ratio we had.

Thanks for the stats Billy Bob65

It's a bit concerning that Selwood attended 18 centre bounces (all bar 1) but didn't register a single centre clearance. Needs to be better than that, or go back to his early season role playing more wing/outside.

Also interesting to note that Guthrie had 2 centre clearances from only 6 centre bounces attendances; 1 in 3 is easily the best ratio we had.

Thanks for the stats Billy Bob65

Particularly after seeing the game live, I think Selwood is a bit concerning full stop at the moment.

Lets not eat our own here. The boys are doing great, and if we are going to drop a few to remind us of our weaknesses, now is the time.
We are not 'all conquering' but we don't have to be to make the big dance. If I recall correctly the eagles dropped three straight after the bye last year. Then they lost one of their elite mids.
Horses for courses. It doesnt matter who is doing what in whichever stat. Its about whats best for the team and Im hoping for a good crack at finals.
you'll get a permaban if you keep making sensible comments like that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back