Autopsy Geelong loses to Dons by 34 points at MCG.

Remove this Banner Ad

Burn it down here.

That was s**t but not necessarily unexpected.

Vent of course but

Trolling will draw bans.

Go Catters.

Geelong throughout its history has promised a little bit, then let you down. This isn’t because of the bottom 22-30 players. It seems to be more of a team thing. The club needs to look at themselves and ask what do they want to achieve. Two to three years they have left to win another premiership. They have the list but don’t have the mentality. The coaches would’ve known Essendon would’ve came out with passion, yet the players let the team down with this mentality.

Hopefully no one qeustions of why they have been mocked with the nickname the handbaggers. It’s an apt discription. Look good when things are going their way. Look like a bottom team when they don’t. What’s is going to change after this week? Is Chris Scott going to take a good hard look at himself or the team? probably after another few easy wins they’ll get ahead of themselves again. At least the 2007 team didn’t sing the song till after the grand final. This team is just happy to have more wins than losses during the home and away season.

Take a breath and suck it up... we had a very bad day.. I say just move on after this one.

I agree. It was one bad day in amongst a pretty good season. We just played like crap and Essendon's horrible few weeks sparked an emotional response.

I think we need to remember who we still have to come back into the team - Menzel, Cocky, Guthrie, Henderson, Parfitt, Scooter, Fog, McCarthy, Sav and that is just who I can remember off the top of my head.

We’re now sweating on Scooter, Parfitt, Sav, Fogs and Menzel.
We won’t be able to drop as many as deserve it unless some of them are fit.

Structure. Structure. Structure.
No CHF. No second ruckman. Playing Danger in the ruck. Just pick Stanley/Buzza and all 3 problems don’t exist.

I picked it. Was expected.
Cats have put up those kind of performances for 25 years.
I remember one year the wooden spooner had 1 win for the entire season, was a smashing over Geelong who finished top 2.....
Has happened almost every year I’ve followed this club and it will continue to happen until I stop.

Usually the only down side to going overseas is missing the footy.

Not particularly fussed about missing the next 4 weeks, not like we are playing exciting attractive footy when winning either

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kicking inside 50 is as bad as I’ve ever seen. 2 marks inside 50 for a game is completely unacceptable.

34 points flattering. Should have been 100. Year after year we lose these games and some massive questions need answering. We keep saying this. I honestly don’t know where we go from here. As long as we lose these games we will not be a contender. Yes we may play finals but the mindset is not there. We have the team just not the mind. Which makes this team very frustrating.

I said pregame this was the game I was most worried about. I was praying our mindset had changed.

Clearly it hasn’t.

time to rebuild

taylor and ablett are cooked

dangerfield and blicavs the clanger kings under pressure

not playing a second ruck again messes up our structure

gameplan doesnt hold up

Cue the "Scott is a great coach look at his winning percentage blah blah blah".

Another game where a team puts the pressure on, and gets a run on.

And what do we do? Let it happen.

Embarrassing and just another example of how Scott inherited a Premiership team in 2011 rather than won a Premiership in 2011. His is looking more and more like the worst Premiership coach going around.

Laugh all you want, but proof will be in finals this year, if we even make it, where other teams pressure us and get a run on, and we get obliterated. Just be glad tonights match was V Essendon, anyone else would have used tonight as a percentage booster and kept us to 2 goals.

Diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiisgraceful.

I await the Scott presser TL;dr, I won't watch because I assume it will be the same rhetoric.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back