Nickoo

Norm Smith Medallist
May 13, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory
I don’t disagree that Stanley was s**t, particularly in the last quarter. But my view at the ground was that he got his share of hitouts and Sydney, Kennedy in particular, sucked them up like a Hoover.

Sinclair’s work around the ground is what did the damage IMO.

It just looked like for two weeks running now that Stanley when he gets the tap it goes straight to the opposition player who is possibly tackled but I’d say maybe that 50% of those aren’t. Kennedy hoovering is about right but how was it going to him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nickoo

Norm Smith Medallist
May 13, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory
Nah we just had too many injuries, 8 of our best 22 not playing. You only had 3.

Massive difference. Would have won otherwise

And limited rotations after GHS went down. I wondered if we could keep it up after that. I suspect message from Horse was that we were rooted.

SlingshotFooty

Team Captain
May 30, 2015
Folsom, CA
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Kansas State, KC Chiefs & Royals
That's not a good look....i had to switch it off, i hate seeing those moustacheoed Swans playing out of their backsides here again. Watch them lose to whatever they play next week.

Jimmy-thumbs-up.jpg

Landgraft

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 18, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Thats sort retrospectively fitting the square peg to a round hole sort of tells one that this was very definetly not clear enough to over rule. I can live with error when its judgemental.. obvious error is the only one that should be changed..which mean it may only change a call rarely ..but so be it.
The worse part of it imo is that we went through exactly this issue the round before - review calls were being made in situations they should not have been and the AFL supposedly told them not to intervene in any way that goes outside of the mandate given to them by the field umpires. Then it happens again.

I would imagine there are a few unhappy campers tasked with managing this rabble.

Nickoo

Norm Smith Medallist
May 13, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory
The lack of ruck was our own self goal.

But our injury situation is near crisis level. And we lost a player for the game in the first qtr again. Its hard to counter that. The removal of the sub rule is costing us big time.

Hang on, Seeds positive, Nakia negative.....what to make of this seemingly inexplicable turn of events.

Nickoo

Norm Smith Medallist
May 13, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory
A couple of players like Buddy (FF), Reid (CHF), Melican (CHB), Naismith (No.1 ruck), Towers (this years 2nd ruck) and Henneberry. Yep, just a couple of players out.

The three we bought in this week included a debutant and two others with a dozen games between them. Fairly evenly matched sides for players missing and young players I'd say.

Not quite champ.

For starters were you down a rotation most of the game?
Second we have 8 players out so add GHS and there you go.

However we should still have won as we matched and were overcoming an experienced hardened side-reminiscent of North in ‘07- except we aren’t. We took the foot well and truly of the accelerator in the last qtr. Mind you Sydney’s habit of behind play sniping is nearly as bad as Port’s.

The outlook is interesting for us and we look fwd to seeing you in Syd in a few weeks.

Nickoo

Norm Smith Medallist
May 13, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory
That is the uncomfortable fact which is becoming clearer each game.

What is everyone talking about. That was just media bull. Gary when he plays is only the cherry. The centre is the engine room they all say but we’ve had few games where one of them isn’t out making rotations difficult hence slowly we slow down.

For some reason not stressed as we aren’t getting blown away and at times all the losses we could still have won with a ridiculously young inexperienced side. Hate losing but the important thing is are we growing as a club after years of slow decline?

Burro

Club Legend
Sep 27, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
What is everyone talking about. That was just media bull. Gary when he plays is only the cherry. The centre is the engine room they all say but we’ve had few games where one of them isn’t out making rotations difficult hence slowly we slow down.

For some reason not stressed as we aren’t getting blown away and at times all the losses we could still have won with a ridiculously young inexperienced side. Hate losing but the important thing is are we growing as a club after years of slow decline?

Have to think that if the club manage the losses in the right emotional way with the players it will only grow the hunger for wins later.

Burro

Club Legend
Sep 27, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
With so many poor umpire calls and score reviews this round it is interesting that there is not much media attention. Good onya AFL.

I'm supportive of the idea of an independent doctor/s at AFL matches who access concussion symptoms
NFL do this now.

All and any concussion protocol or players thought to be requiring one is taken by NFL appointed DR's. CLub officials can attend but not be involved in assessment.

GO Catters

Sep 26, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
NFL do this now.

All and any concussion protocol or players thought to be requiring one is taken by NFL appointed DR's. CLub officials can attend but not be involved in assessment.

GO Catters
Still shocked that all medical in the AFL are not independent from the clubs. Really should adopt the same model as the NFL and remove that potential bias from happening , we all saw how the Carlton medical reports were dare I say added a bit of mayo on top to make it look worse for the opposition (Danger was a big one, Kruezer play the following week despite the concussion being labeled as very severe by the Carlton medical report).

God Mode

Club Legend
Mar 22, 2011
Mount Olympus
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers, Chicago Bulls
Not quite champ.

For starters were you down a rotation most of the game?
Second we have 8 players out so add GHS and there you go.

However we should still have won as we matched and were overcoming an experienced hardened side-reminiscent of North in ‘07- except we aren’t. We took the foot well and truly of the accelerator in the last qtr. Mind you Sydney’s habit of behind play sniping is nearly as bad as Port’s.

The outlook is interesting for us and we look fwd to seeing you in Syd in a few weeks.

8 players as it stands. Crameri and Mccarthy have the potential to be best 22 by years end but thats me being quite hopeful.

A doctor is independent.
Full stop.

While I'd like to believe this, but within any organisation an employee may feel obliged at times to give the response that those higher up want to hear rather than the response they should hear.

Past players (and probably still happens) have admitted that on the pre-season concussion test to determine their "normal" level that they have "cheated" and intentionally scored low on the test as to give themselves a better chance to pass any in-match concussion test they take.

Take the whole concussion protocol out of the clubs hands, have it run by an independent body who also provide any required medical reports for MRO/MRP assessments - surely a fairer system compared to some of the questionable medical reports that seem to get submitted by some clubs.

NFL do this now.

GO Catters

I might be wrong not this, but in the NFL is concussion an automatic week off for players?

Tony Barber

Premiership Player
Apr 6, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
While I'd like to believe this, but within any organisation an employee may feel obliged at times to give the response that those higher up want to hear rather than the response they should hear.

Past players (and probably still happens) have admitted that on the pre-season concussion test to determine their "normal" level that they have "cheated" and intentionally scored low on the test as to give themselves a better chance to pass any in-match concussion test they take.

Take the whole concussion protocol out of the clubs hands, have it run by an independent body who also provide any required medical reports for MRO/MRP assessments - surely a fairer system compared to some of the questionable medical reports that seem to get submitted by some clubs.
Wow. That was over a decade ago.
And it was players.

Not doctors.

I might be wrong not this, but in the NFL is concussion an automatic week off for players?
no don think so

Go Catters

Nickoo

Norm Smith Medallist
May 13, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory

I suspect there will be in a few years a AFL medical group who will perform the match day officiation of concussion.

bigblackboz

Club Legend
Jun 10, 2015
North Korea
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
North Korean Soccer Team
Our defence is the only line on the ground that is actually working, I have no idea what you're talking about.
Our forward line is exceptionally efficient. Defense gets smashed constantly. Some people blame the mids or maybe our defenders are just s**t.

Mr Blicavs

Basking in Premiership glory!
Aug 12, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Toronto Raptors - Maple Leafs
Well here's some modelling on how poor our structures were and Stanley not winning the tap

I’ve been saying that for 2 years. Our players always stand behind their opponents at stoppages. You’re never going to get your hands on the ball first that way ......look at that picture and tell me what hope we have

Back