No Oppo Supporters Geelong MCG tears

Where should the Tigers Cats final be played?

• Mcg

Votes: 145 79.7%
  • Not Simmonds

Votes: 37 20.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting, didn't notice that

I went ballistic I was swearing, booed Selwood, booed the umpire, told a middle aged female Geelong supporter and her daughter to piss off when they told me to pipe down (didnt see them after half time) spilled my beer all over the place and generally reacted like anyone would really.

Cats fan turns in membership after feeling threatened by Richmond fans on Friday night:

17-year Geelong member Elly has renounced her Cats membership after feeling sexually and physically threatened by Richmond fans on Friday night at the MCG.

“All was going well until we walked across the park to the MCG,” Elly told foxfooty.com.au during the week.

“There were large number of Richmond fans and some of those fans were already loud and abusive.

“They were shouting things like, ‘stick it up the pussies, stick it up our arses’.”

Is this real or a parody?

Listen to all you ferals booing. Shameful. You should all take a damn good hard look at yourself.
I think I can hear me on there too!

apparently all those Boos were targeted for Dangerfields daughter.

Some cats fans actually believe what they write. what a sad mob they are.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just don't get why you'd bring a newborn to an environment like that.

Yes Patrick, your baby is absolutely beautiful, but please don't bring your baby to a football match you're about to play in with a 3-1 95,000 full hostile crowd!

Geelong fan renounces membership after feeling sexually, physically threatened at qualifying final v Richmond

Elly had been an “on and off” member at Geelong for 17 years, including the last 10 seasons consecutively.

But after feeling sexually and physically intimidated by Richmond fans outside and inside the MCG on Friday night, she said she could no longer support a sporting code that allowed such behaviour.

“All was going well until we walked across the park to the MCG,” Elly told foxfooty.com.au.

“There were large number of Richmond fans and some of those fans were already loud and abusive.

“They were shouting things like, ‘stick it up the pussies, stick it up our arses’.”

Elly said once she and her four friends had found their seats inside the MCG, the intimidating behaviour continued.

“We had the expectation that Richmond fans would be loud and passionate supporters,” Elly said.

“But I had some particularly loud men behind me who were intimidating and abusive.

“If anyone moved in front of them they were particularly aggressive. They were unduly aggressive.

“If anyone had got up to get a drink and were coming back to find their seat or shifting in order to take a jacket off, these Richmond supporters would yell at them and tell them to sit down and f*** off.”

By quarter time, Elly said she wanted to leave but felt “too intimidated” to do so.

At half time she asked her friend if she could swap seats in order to remove herself from the “aggressive” men behind her. But even then, Elly felt threatened and ultimately left before the first bounce of the third quarter.

League spokesman Patrick Keane told foxfooty.com.au the AFL was “extremely disappointed” to hear of Elly’s story.

Keane also encouraged anyone who felt threatened at future matches to call the anti-social hotline, which is regularly flashed on the screens at each stadium.

“Our message to supporters is to be passionate and support your team, but also be aware of the people around you,” he said.

“For anyone at the game the best advice is to always take action at the time. There is a hotline you can call during games.

“It is much harder to address it post-match.”

On Tuesday Elly renounced her Geelong membership.

“That was partly in response to the immediate incident at the qualifying final against Richmond,” Elly said.

“But for me it was really the last straw because there had been a number of incidents that had made me feel uncomfortable about being part of the whole footy culture.

“Geelong, as far as I’m concerned, has been a wonderful club to be a member of. They’ve been exemplary.

“But there have now been enough things in the footy culture more broadly that made me think things are unacceptable.

“If fans are being passionate in terms that are sexually threatening and violently abusive … I didn’t want to be part of that.”

On Tuesday a Geelong supporter named Anne called 3AW to recount her experience at the qualifying final on Friday.

Elly said hearing Anne’s story had given her the confidence to come forward and share her similar experience.

“I thought, ‘that could be me’,” she said.

“I can’t keep pretending this stuff doesn’t matter. It does and I don’t want to be part of a system and game where they think it’s business as usual.

“It’s not.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/ge...d/news-story/50c2e1abbeb0917f5133de54e953d1da

I just don't get why you'd bring a newborn to an environment like that.

Yes Patrick, your baby is absolutely beautiful, but please don't bring your baby to a football match you're about to play in with a 3-1 95,000 full hostile crowd!

It's ridicolous

I understand people who are celebrating milestones etc and want their kids to be involved..but why babies? A baby won't ever remember nor appreciate it... a kid at least 5-6 can.

It's ridicolous

I understand people who are celebrating milestones etc and want their kids to be involved..but why babies? A baby won't ever remember nor appreciate it... a kid at least 5-6 can.
He's building his brand. For what it's worth I think a lot of fans are sick of him all ready. I found him funny and personable but his naked ambition to push his post football media career is becoming a bit of a turn off.

View attachment 415163
Didn't hear a thing. Came prepared!
Cheap earmuffs, and as most here who have used them (even quality ones) would know that putting them over a beanie just DOESN'T work, and babies ears (and bodies) are super sensitive. Irresponsible parenting in my opinion.

Cheap earmuffs, and as most here who have used them (even quality ones) would know that putting them over a beanie just DOESN'T work, and babies ears (and bodies) are super sensitive. Irresponsible parenting in my opinion.
If it was a Richmond players baby it would have been wearing B&O noise cancelling headphones playing a lullaby.

Absolutely! And I was wrong in saying didn't hear a thing ... heard a lot of booing!!
I know these guys would see it as a moment they can show the kid when they're older but really they should only do it if the kid is already old enough to know what's going on. Is it Brian Taylor that's been vocal about this?

Back