No Oppo Supporters Geelong MCG tears

Where should the Tigers Cats final be played?

• Mcg

Votes: 145 79.7%
  • Not Simmonds

Votes: 37 20.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I just don't get why you'd bring a newborn to an environment like that.

Yes Patrick, your baby is absolutely beautiful, but please don't bring your baby to a football match you're about to play in with a 3-1 95,000 full hostile crowd!
Or any match, for that matter. It's not as if the child is going to have any memory of it anyway. So who's benefit is it for?

The question is purely rhetorical.

All these tears from Geelong is hardly surprising. Polly Farmer is still sooking about Freddie Swift's mark on the goalsquare in the '67 Grand Final and Bill Goggin is still whinging about Umpire Kevin Smith crucifying them in the '80 Prelim against the Skunks.

Geelong's saltiness knows no time limit.

I was gunna post this. Polly still gets angry about 67 claiming rfc are cheats

pretty simple solution for geelol build another 45k seats at least and ensure public transport can handle ppl from melbourne for big games otherwise shut the * up the AFL will go under if they play regular finals at tiny shitholes like simmonds

Hahahahah lol cat I'm still laughing at you campaigners

giphy.gif

At the end of the day, the reason we moved from Punt Road to the MCG is because our crowds were too great for the (admittedly shrinking) venue.
We would play home games at our training ground, but our crowds are too big. They are lucky enough to be small enough to fit at their training ground for some home games, but for others they need the MCG to fit everyone.

At the end of the day, the reason we moved from Punt Road to the MCG is because our crowds were too great for the (admittedly shrinking) venue.
We would play home games at our training ground, but our crowds are too big. They are lucky enough to be small enough to fit at their training ground for some home games, but for others they need the MCG to fit everyone.

it was more about the expansion of punt road (the road) significantly reducing the capacity of punt road (the oval) because it kill a big chunk of the outer

it was more about the expansion of punt road (the road) significantly reducing the capacity of punt road (the oval) because it kill a big chunk of the outer
Len Smith was the main instigator because he wanted us to play at the same ground that finals were played, plus he had a "new style" of footy that was fast-play-on and that wouldn't have been suited the new skinnier Punt Rd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A very impressive Harry Taylor was on AW before praising the Tiger crowd and atmosphere, saying it was the best he has been involved in and a privilege to be part of it and something he will treasure and never forget.
Seems a decent chap, does Harry.

It was an amazing rant, he focused heavily on it and any noob to footy would have assumed he was playing for the winning side.
It's a remarkable thing to say, really. Wonderful sportsmanship.

Just asked their preview thread if the crowd and MCG will be a problem this time around
Definetly no crowd problems for the swans cat match.
I can put my life on the above statement as we received OFFICIAL AFL AUSKICK tickets for this match that can be purchased for $25 (probably cat1 or cat2 if they are auskick reseved seats).
Lets hears the cats fans whinge this week at the poor crowd as its an interstate team (they have to find some excuse).

Another so called cat pong supporter rang 3aw tonight and really ramped up the alleged abuse by Richmond supporters said there were several incidents and kids crying and being traumatized , within a flash 2 tiger callers ( me being one), rang and defended us supporters , i asked quite reasonably , why is there no visual evidence why no photography or video of such abuse , i mean everbody has a phone that can capture pics and videos , how come not one has surfaced , , BECAUSE IT DIDN'T HAPPEN ITS ALL BULLSHIT , ,,, as i said to Gerard and derwayne , if you think ladt Friday night was bad well wait to preliminary final we will be even louder and more obnoxious

Back