Geelong - never going out of premiership contention?

All for a measily 3 flags, and couldn’t even b2b. What a waste
When you haven't told anyone about Hawthorns 3peat in 15 minutes
1557785523943.png

Jun 13, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Chicago Bears
EVERYONE!!! I NEED TO TELL YOU ABOUT THE HAWKS AND HOW AWESOME THEY ARE!!! IN EVERY THREAD POSSIBLE!!! ESPECIALLY GEELONG THREADS!!!

But I will just ignore the fact that we have gone out in straight sets in 2 of the last 3 years, had a home crowd of 14000 last week and voted to merge the last time we had a run of no success...

HAWTHORN ARE THE BEST YAY YAY YAY

JohnZ

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
We were the first club to 3peat, and did it twice before your club even existed. For a club that came late to the comp, it's also mighty impressive you're in the top 4 for wooden spoons. Would your club even exist without the Tassie deal?

smeltitdeltit

Premiership Player
Jul 2, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
We were the first club to 3peat, and did it twice before your club even existed. For a club that came late to the comp, it's also mighty impressive you're in the top 4 for wooden spoons. Would your club even exist without the Tassie deal?

Nope
https://m.afl.com.au/stats/awards/premiership-winners

And even if they had, wgaf? How have both teams gone since we’ve existed?

“Gary Player won more majors before Tiger Woods existed”. Lolza.

Last edited:

JohnZ

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
LOL they haven't been a contender the past few years.....they're over-hyped for some reason and i can never understand it
If we're not a contender, then that must make you worthy of relegation with your insipid performance against us.

Niggles

custom title:
Jan 5, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
So why do we continually defeat Collingwood, Essendon, Hawthorn, Richmond, and Melbourne at the MCG

F***en hell mate use some f***ing logic

5 of our last 8 against collingwood
6 in a row against Essendon before losing the last 2
10 out of 17 against Hawthorn IN A PERIOD THAT INCLUDES THEM WINNING 3 FLAGS IN A ROW

3 from 3 in Melbourne against the Dees before last year’s finals loss

Prior to their current little run of dominance that has seen them win 3 in a row (one of which was after we missed a kick to win the game) we had beaten Richmond 5 times in a row in Melbourne.

So please, tell me again how we continually get exposed every time we play on the bigger grounds like the MCG and Docklands when we play in Melbourne because I’m just f***ing dying to hear it.

Where are the stats on Richmond v Geelong for the last 3 games champ? Yeah you flogged us for years when we were s**t and you were better/good, but how's it been since the tiges have actually been any good?

They'll win the 4th flag this year though, and Cats fans will see it as the cherry on top of the era of dominance that started in 2007.
Its got me stuffed how the mods let you flaunt this alias King cold, especially with that bull s**t 'Team supported'. It's sickening and quite frankly, embarrassing.

They'll win the 4th flag this year though, and Cats fans will see it as the cherry on top of the era of dominance that started in 2007.

I strongly doubt they will, how many years have they looked anywhere decent during the regular season only for it to go belly up when it matters in September ?

If they win this week, that will make it 223 wins from 300 games since the start of season 2007.

No other club comes close to that sort of domination.

Yep, home and away wins count for nothing if you can't back it up with silverware at the end of the season.

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Where are the stats on Richmond v Geelong for the last 3 games champ? Yeah you flogged us for years when we were **** and you were better/good, but how's it been since the tiges have actually been any good?

Its got me stuffed how the mods let you flaunt this alias King cold, especially with that bull **** 'Team supported'. It's sickening and quite frankly, embarrassing.

I gave you the stats. You have won 3 in a row against us, we still managed to beat you in your premiership year.
Doesn’t change the fact that the myth that we can’t play at the mcg is just that - a myth

Geelong's starts to the year in the first 8 rounds over the last 9 years. When we've started the year with 7 wins we've either made the prelim final or won the premiership.

2019 - 7-1 - ?
2108 - 5-3
2017 - 5-3
2016 - 7-1 (lost next two before making prelim)
2015 - 4-4
2014 - 6-2
2013 - 7-1 (lost in prelim)
2012 - 4-4
2011 - 8-0 (won premiership)

Back