List Mgmt. Geelong nominates Sam Simpson as father-son

Remove this Banner Ad

That's interesting info.

It makes sense when you factor in dunkley grew up in vic not nsw. We might have a similar situation in a couple of years with bailey scott who is eligible for geelong and nth melb as FS and gc as an academy pick, as he lives in QLD.

Good player with so much upside he could be anything. Hawthorn are looking at him too

Hawks have 0 points though so unless they are prepared to go into deficit next year they wont bid (given they chose not to nominate jarman for the same reason i doubt they will).

It makes sense when you factor in dunkley grew up in vic not nsw. We might have a similar situation in a couple of years with bailey scott who is eligible for geelong and nth melb as FS and gc as an academy pick, as he lives in QLD.
I'm looking forward to seeing how that pans out because all reports indicate he's a talent.

Oscar Brownless I've heard first hand is a jet.

I'm looking forward to seeing how that pans out because all reports indicate he's a talent.

Oscar Brownless I've heard first hand is a jet.
Will be interesting with Brownless, listed 7 months ago as 184cms. At 16 at the time and still at least two drafts from us nominating him he may get into that tall midfielder range of 190-192cm. His father was tall too.

From afl draft central - scouting notes

#6 Sam Simpson
– Geelong could have a gem here. Simpson hasn’t had a lot talked about him, but he’s a very smart footballer. He has the chance to go Father/Son to Geelong if they nominate and match the bid for him. He’s very lively around the contest, running around in his long socks. Had 14 disposals but might begin to get some more talk at club land.

Bidding is integrated into the draft. When another team attempts to draft another teams nominated f/s. That team has the right to match the bid. The price to pay is the 80% of the draft points (or the number of draft points less 197 for picks after pick 19) from picks after the bid occurs with left over points create another pick towards to end of the draft. On matching a bid that team gains the pick that was initially used on the eligible f/s and the team that made the bid gets to draft another player

Example
Melbourne use pick 47 to bid on Simpson. Pick 47 is worth 316 points after taking into consideration the discount to match the bid we need to pay 119 points.

Our next picks are
pick 64 worth 110 points
pick 72 worth 19 points

To match the bid we spend picks 64 and 72, we gain pick 47 which is spent on Simpson

Melbourne gets to pick again with pick 48. Everyone after pick 48 moves back one place in the draft order

We then gain pick 73 with the remaining 10 points. Everyone after pick 73 moves back one place in the draft order

Note:
All bids after pick 56 require no points.

If we receive a bid between pick 43 and 46 we will go into deficit next year in the 3rd round. (assuming [incorrectly] that other bid have an effect on our number of draft points available)

I don't vote on POTY- (took me a day or two to work out what POTY meant)!. When I saw you had won it - I thought WOW sanity has returned to this board.

The post above is why. You provide info I can't get to. It keeps us honest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't vote on POTY- (took me a day or two to work out what POTY meant)!. When I saw you had won it - I thought WOW sanity has returned to this board.

I thought it meant toilet training too at first.

Yeah it's a s**t award but if anyone has ever deserved it then Lana does. An outstanding poster.

No need to leave. Just ignore posters such as him. :)
5Mewy.gif

Kitty has found its claws :p

He was nominated by Swans I believe but dogs out in a high bid and they didn't match.
I googled,you're right. He nominated swans. Will go down as a top 5 player in his draft year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back