• No, but they will play in the Grand Final

Votes: 4 4.2%
  • No, they will bow out against Adelaide this weekend

Votes: 56 58.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anywhere from 6th to 9th IMO. I have West Coast, Bulldogs, GWS, Adelaide and Sydney all ahead of them, will be fighting for a home final along with Hawthorn, St Kilda and perhaps freo.

Enright is too big a hole for Tuohy or Thurlow to fill as far as keeping the backline cool, calm and collected. If they start experimenting with Taylor up forward, their defense will crumble. I've seen enough of Henderson to tell me he will never be anything more than an inconsistant role player.

Midfield will function much the same, remaining highly competitive. Caddys loss is somewhat offset by Scooter being back. ( I'm talking more about depth as opposed to similar play styles). This side will be most affected my the new no third man rule, with Blicavz being much less effective, this will move them from an elite top 1-3 clearance side to a quality one.

If Hawkins has a big year I can see a home elimination final on the cards, but he will need better supply than what Dangerfield has provided, I think it would be best to have J. Selwood being the go to i50 provider. I'd like to see his brother do more of the in and under work and Joel to get more outside space. From the sounds of it, Motlop has improved his commitment over the summer and if he is more disciplined he could add that X factor and consistancy on the ground in the fwd line.

All in all, it seems like there would have to be 1 or 2 too many things I'd need to see go right for the Cats to stay in the top 4 this year.

They'll be up there again, last time they got flogged in the Prelim and lost a very important player they won the GF so I wouldn't be surprised if they did it again.
Remember it well!

Disaster year coming up for the cats. They've been awesome for a decade but they're now way too fragile - too much relying on Hawkins, dangerwood and selwood.

Seeing their JLT team and how few topline players they didn't have in that first game showed a very thin list.
Hahahahahahahahahaha

Hawthorn were without Hodge, Sam Mitchell and Jordan Lewis though. Should be much stronger come round 1 with those three blokes back in the side.

Sam Mitchell and Jordan Lewis finished 1st and 2nd in Hawthorn's Best and Fairest last year.

There is no doubt that Hawthorn will be a much better side with them back in it.

Normally you'd bank 7 wins at home for the Cats and that helps with the win-loss record. But in 2017 it's a far tougher assignment.

Cats Kardinia Park matches 2017.
Round 9 Bulldogs L
Round 10 Port W
Round 11 Adelaide L
Round 14 Fremantle W (10 day break after trip to West Coast)
Round 20 Sydney L
Round 21 Richmond W
Round 23 GWS L

They'll miss the 8.

Normally you'd bank 7 wins at home for the Cats and that helps with the win-loss record. But in 2017 it's a far tougher assignment.

Round 9 Bulldogs L
Round 10 Port W
Round 11 Adelaide L
Round 20 Sydney L
Round 21 Richmond W
Round 23 GWS L

They'll miss the 8.

Lol.

When was last time the Dogs beat us?

Adelaide fared well against us twice last year?

Sydney you can have.

GWS ever won at KP?

Bit presumptive, champ. But then again, what would you know about Kardinia Park? Been almost 20 years since your mob has played a meaningful game there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disaster year coming up for the cats. They've been awesome for a decade but they're now way too fragile - too much relying on Hawkins, dangerwood and selwood.

Seeing their JLT team and how few topline players they didn't have in that first game showed a very thin list.

If there's one thing we know, it's that predictions based on a single pre-season game are always accurate.

When was last time the Dogs beat us?
That just means that they are one match closer to beating you, and as reigning premiers this year they'll have as a good a chance as any. L
GWS ever won at KP?
As above. L
Adelaide fared well against us twice last year?
Let's say you roll the Crows at home. W
Sydney you can have.
W
Bit presumptive, champ. But then again, what would you know about Kardinia Park?
Since you asked.
I was born about 5kms from there and lived 5kms from there until 17 when I got out of that god awful shitehole. :)

It's on Moorabool Street, about a Doug Wade torp from the old Geelong Tech. 2 torps from the Top Of the Town.

South Geelong train station is the closest.

The car park entrance can be accessed from Kilgour Street.

St. Mary's play next door. Blue with a green yoke.

There's a pretty gammon display of Geelong sporting heroes near the main gate.

Kardinia Pool is at the Barwon River end.

Geelong's home record since ground rationalisation is probably second to none.

The Swans rolled you there back in 2011 after the Geelong addy ran a colour front page talking up the possibility of 30 wins in a row at KP. LOL.

I once watch Peter Johnston shank a shot from 25 out, 25 degree angle after the siren to beat Collingwood (Round 22 1982). Cats fans were delirious thinking he'd kicked it, even though the goal umpire sprinted all the way to the point post to adjudicate it. Clowns. He missed, Pies won. Happy days.

Been almost 20 years since your mob has played a meaningful game there.
And what's the price of eggs today?
----------------------------------
Geelong were dreadful last year when it mattered, they looked clueless in the 1st half of JLT.

You're reserves used to go okay but they were crap last year and that signals a lack of depth. 4 players on your list didn't register a single senior game and were delisted at the end of 2016. That's 4 wasted picks and it won't help alleviate your depth issues. Good one Wellsy.

You've lost players that were better than their replacements. Toohey goes alright though. Aaron Black looked good a few years back. But how will he go now? The South Barwon dude looked bog average last Friday night.

Round 9 Bulldogs L
Round 10 Port W
Round 11 Adelaide L
Round 20 Sydney L
Round 21 Richmond W
Round 23 GWS L

They'll miss the 8.
I hope you're right but round 23 is a worry from my perspective.

It wasn't how well or poorly they played in that game - it's the fact that they were close to a best 22 and the players on the park looked extremely green.

Pre-season

Looked extremely green

Hmmm

But Joel's the only strong name on that list. Getting real thin.

Menzel is a likely 40 goal a year forward (if he would be to play 22 games) who is very hard to match up on

Pre-season

Looked extremely green

Hmmm

Menzel is a likely 40 goal a year forward (if he would be to play 22 games) who is very hard to match up on
Yes, looked green as in physically undeveloped.

Mendel can be good on his day, but let's not go overboard. How many times has he had a 40 goal season?

I can see them making the prelims and losing to one of the two Sydney based teams. They get a good leg up from the home games down at Geelong, they will win most if not all of those. I can't see a GF other than Sydney Vs GWS this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back