Banter Geelong punting related stuff

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought I'd come into this thread and articulate one final post.

I wanted to describe my bets this weekend. The reasons. The dumbness, etc.
And before doing so I went and looked at my total bets to give the full story.

After looking at the bets I can't bring myself to discuss or justify the bets.

I've had 18 bets. I can't believe that.
And I've risked over 10k.
I'm gobsmacked.

Im up about 2500.
But for f*** sake does it get away from you. I had no idea about the number of bets or cash. So.....look after yourselves guys and girls.

Ciao

Just showed the Mrs. my full account.
Said I'm out. I'm betting too much and I want you to know it.

By the way. With 8 minutes to go, wc were up 21. And it was 2.20 for +22.5.
That's just insane. Had 300 on it.

Just withdrew 6k.
Left $100 for the spring carnival.
Bye guys.

Just showed the Mrs. my full account.
Said I'm out. I'm betting too much and I want you to know it.

By the way. With 8 minutes to go, wc were up 21. And it was 2.20 for +22.5.
That's just insane. Had 300 on it.

Just withdrew 6k.
Left $100 for the spring carnival.
Bye guys.
You needed to do this. Glad it was while ahead.

Going to back horses today that represent my mood right now.

First up, Doomben: "Embrace the Pain"
No joy there but "Don't play around" runs a place for me at Gold Coast.

I had a small bet last night.
Possibly due to having just got back from a 4 hour lunch in the city with friends.

Backed the port v wc game to be under 130 pts.
Guess what? They count the effing scores for extra time. Robbed.

Possibly due to having just got back from a 4 hour lunch in the city with friends.

Unlucky, but surely not unexpected?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With all due respect mate..

Leave the amounts bet and won out of it perhaps? Some like myself simply can't fathom or afford to consider doing that... and it almost comes across as gloating about how much you are playing with.. intentional or not..

What you have a bet on is of interest sure... the profits/losses and total $$$ are no one elses business though IMO

I know several blokes who hit up the Sportsbet footy frenzy stuff.. 50 bucks on Buddy/Daniher to kick 7 combined @$10

$500 return safe before 3/4 time and with Buddy sitting on the bench

Bastards

With all due respect mate..

Leave the amounts bet and won out of it perhaps? Some like myself simply can't fathom or afford to consider doing that... and it almost comes across as gloating about how much you are playing with.. intentional or not..

What you have a bet on is of interest sure... the profits/losses and total $$$ are no one elses business though IMO
Where did I mention $ in the post you quoted?

You didn't... was just a general comment given the last few pages of this thread
There's a few things to that.
If people say they've had a multi at $19 then that's well and good. If they say they've had 65 on it I will take a bit more notice. Because that's balls / conviction compared to a $3 Hail Mary bet.

Sometimes you'll have people say "castleton, race 8, horse 3' and then just go.
Not 'hey, I've got some inside goss. I'm normally a $10 punter but I've had $50 on this'.

It's not about boasting as you previously said. All I was trying to share was how much I had invested emotionally.
And trust me, a $500 bet is emotional.

Yesterday's lunch was my daughters 14th birthday lunch. 6 of us. Cost me over 1k.
There's boasting. And a fair dose of w***erism. But the cost of that didn't bother me. But losing $100 on a bet would have.

Not sure I'm making sense. But let me just say. I don't lose a bet and think 'oh eff it, who cares'.

Last edited:
I just realised I placed an early season bet on the Tigers to win the flag at 70-1.... Lol

I've also put some more money down on the Cats for the flag at 20-1 on betfair now... Backs against the wall, we can do it if we beat the Swans this week, massive ask, but if we beat them, then we're back on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back