Geelong shows hawthorn 3 peat is a joke

geelong beat geelong that day. Should of been 6 goals up at half time just like yesterday if it wasnt for horrendous choking in front of goal. Hawthorn played 10 good minutes. But keep living in denial.

laugh-drink.gif

Hawthorn had Geelong's measure for 3 and a half quarters in 2008. Hawthorn smashed Geelong in every facet.

randyzany

Premiership Player
Sep 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
geelong beat geelong that day. Should of been 6 goals up at half time just like yesterday if it wasnt for horrendous choking in front of goal. Hawthorn played 10 good minutes. But keep living in denial.
Furthermore some of our top players were getting niggling injuries around the worst possible time of the season and it contributed in the subpar physical output and performance in September of 2008. Had the boys being in their best physical shape and form on Grand Final day we would have had another repeat of the 2007 massacre on our hands.

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
laugh-drink.gif

Hawthorn had Geelong's measure for 3 and a half quarters in 2008. Hawthorn smashed Geelong in every facet.
except of ofcourse thats false in regards to everything but accuracy (And decking players behind the play).

at half time it was 18 shots to 11. Geelongs way.

at full time it was 34 to 25. geelongs way.

Furthermore some of our top players were getting niggling injuries around the worst possible time of the season and it contributed in the subpar physical output and performance in September of 2007. Had the boys being in their best physical shape and form on Grand Final day we would have had another repeat of the 2007 massacre on our hands.

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F17713b08-ba4a-43b4-a85c-00f6f734294f_600x338.gif

The Catters just couldn't go with Hawthorn's superstars on the day.

randyzany

Premiership Player
Sep 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Talking about melting I'm still banned from the Hawthorn forum for a comment I made in regards to a Buddy suspension (disagreeing that it wasn't a deliberate thug act) around 2010/2012 I think. By a mod that has either retired, changed username or passed away 'cos I haven't seen the handle in ages. Thin skinned those Triple K wonders are, extremely thin skinned, no pun intended.

Talking about melting I'm still banned from the Hawthorn forum for a comment I made in regards to Buddy suspension (disagreeing that it wasn't deliberate thug act) around 2012 I think. By a mod that has either retired, changed username or passed away 'cos I haven't seen the handle in ages.

LOL I got banned from the Sydney board many years ago (t'was a light hearted jab about them pinching Buddy for premierships and still not getting the job done in 2014) :p

Coach_Required

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 19, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool & Boston Celtics
You would have much preferred Geelong went full Tigger Bitchmond mode and become an irrelevant perennial loser joke that made an occasional flukey appearance in September for the next 40 years, right?

Not striving for success and settling for mediocrity is what Bitchmond deems to be an okay long term plan apparently. That loser mentality is what garner respects in the eyes of the Tiggy mob, no wonder 9thmond were in the wilderness for so long, it's a miracle your mob finally got out of that loser funk.

Well Geelong ain't about bending over and getting consistently pummeled by all and sundry in the Home and Away season, something that the Tiggies were well acquainted with from the early 1980s to late 2010s.
Nice melt

You just won the premiership, relax 🤣

randyzany

Premiership Player
Sep 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Nice melt

You just won the premiership, relax 🤣
What is it with these whipper snapper Gen Zs calling home truths they don't like 'melts'? I'm merely dropping truth bombs on your derriere young blood, that have left you speechless because you know it's bang on.

You seem to be implying that had Geelong just fallen down the ladder into meaningless mediocrity for many years to come like other clubs end up doing after tasting some finals success, and avoided playing in September/and sometimes October altogether that that is somehow more respectable than soldiering on and continuing to win games in the home and away season, making finals in the process even if it meant not actually tasting the ultimate success.

Those barren years between the early 80s and late 2010s have undoubtedly left many mental scars on the Tugger mob. I'll bet the moment it becomes obvious the current Tigger cattle can't match it with the big boys in the comp you'd be demanding the Tigger coach go full rebuild mode for as long as as necessary as to avoid being pantsed in September/October. Those are the mental scars of the abuse Geelong perennially handed out to Richmond in those years coming to the fore, I suggest you seek some help dealing with those demons Geelong inflicted on the Tigger faithful.

Last edited:

randyzany

Premiership Player
Sep 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
laugh-drink.gif

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F17713b08-ba4a-43b4-a85c-00f6f734294f_600x338.gif

The Catters just couldn't go with Hawthorn's superstars on the day.

The Three K wonders got lucky on that day, for reasons I previously mentioned in other posts, as evidenced by the number of games they managed to win in the subsequent seasons against Geelong, giving it their all mind you. These games had a granny like intensity from the get go, yet the Three K wonder didn't win one in 12 attempts in a row, says it all really.

Top Geelong players were picking up seriously worrying niggling injuries towards the end of the 2008 slowing down significantly and were not the unstoppable juggernaut that they were early in the year.

I think some of the boys wins late in 2008 came from the sheer intimidation built up over the past 2 seasons, with some teams coming into games with already defeated mindset before the ball had been bounced.

Credit to the Three K wonders for not being mentally overawed like the other teams at the time and believing they could beat Geelong but the what happened in the games in the following seasons tells the real story of which team was clearly the best in that period.

Unfortunately for Geelong they used too many petrol tickets in the 2nd quarter with very little reward to show for it on the scoreboard and were partially physically cooked in certain portions of the 3rd that allowed invisible Thyral to occasionally shine like in the clip you posted. Had Geelong converted a fair portions of their chances in the 2nd quarter, another 2007 like massacred would have been on the cards.

Last edited:

randyzany

Premiership Player
Sep 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Congratulations Geelong “it’s all about Hawthorn” Cats on defying the odds and winning the 2022 flag.
Three K stooges stick their noses where it doesn't belong posting gifs of games between the 2 clubs over a decade ago inferring that the Three K Club has something over Geelong so I retort in kind giving accurate context into what occurred in those games.

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
C’mon cats flogs - a little more celebrating and little less melting
We are celebrating how much superior we are to hawthorn. Proving their threepeat a joke in the process And making us the undisputed best team of the modern afl era.

its not really a premiership against an interstate side unless you win it by over 80 points.

Last edited:

NetworkNerd

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 6, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
AFL Member so all clubs I guess.
Geelong plays West Coast twice in a grand final with the GOAT player... loses both games
Hawks play West Coast twice in grand finals. win both games :)

does Hawthorns 3 peat even really exist anymore though?

Back