Autopsy Geelong smashed by Demons in PF and its gonna be a long summer

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking back now, although I like him as a player, Atkins lack of discipline in the finals at a couple of key moments had massive impact - especially that punch of the ball over the fence after it was clearly out on the full. In hindsight these acts are pretty arrogant where he is frustrated so lashes out - to be honest a bit like Scarlos last year - but they kill the team. Even if you think it’s no big deal, it is in AFL Where the penalties are cranked to stamp that sort of crap out. Maybe a new backline coach might stamp that rubbish out because when finals are down to under 10 points it is critical. Mind you I’d be happy if we even turn up in a final and get within 50 !!!
When did Atkins punch the ball?

i could be wrong but is he meaning Close in Rd23?

GO Catters
I'm hoping so and that would mean I've seen a few other players coping heat for Close punching the ball away - Dangerfield & Atkins amongst them

Thinking back now, although I like him as a player, Atkins lack of discipline in the finals at a couple of key moments had massive impact - especially that punch of the ball over the fence after it was clearly out on the full. In hindsight these acts are pretty arrogant where he is frustrated so lashes out - to be honest a bit like Scarlos last year - but they kill the team. Even if you think it’s no big deal, it is in AFL Where the penalties are cranked to stamp that sort of crap out. Maybe a new backline coach might stamp that rubbish out because when finals are down to under 10 points it is critical. Mind you I’d be happy if we even turn up in a final and get within 50 !!!

Except it wasn't Atkins...and the punch over the fence wasn't in a final.

The last sentence is right I guess...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back