Review Geelong spifflicate Fremantle by 69 points. - Rnd 18

Remove this Banner Ad

A Gryan Miers goal with 10 minutes to go boosted our percentage to jump to top of the ladder and a great goal keeping effort by the post to deny Fyfe in the last minute kept us there

A week ago some questioned if we were serious premiership contenders as we sat outside the top 4 in 5th position - well a week later and we're now top of the ladder... Are we serious contenders now

2344E4BC-A3C8-4780-98A3-EC801BF6025E.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well we won't play a worse team than that this season. Disappointed in Freo. But good from us, small forwards set the tone with tackling pressure early and the rest of the team bought in. Not many losers for us, Miers would be the first out for me but I doubt he will be.

Wow I got that so wrong. Thought this game had the hallmarks of a defeat but boy did the game style hold up tonight. Liked the way we went smaller for the conditions but our forward line with Hawk Sav and Stanley drifting in worked really well. Sav great co test and second efforts, Sam M was a Rolls Royce tonight and damn Close does so many unsung things. Also, I am usually critical of Dal but props where they are due - incredible pressure from him.
some crazy selection dilemmas coming up but that is what we need.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back