Review Geelong spifflicate Fremantle by 69 points. - Rnd 18

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t remember any from last night. They were there...

Anyway, in general he’s hardly alone for bombing the ball into the forward 50 in our team. Can't argue with that, though there was less of that last night

\
Stanley did very well against ex-falcon Darcy. Dalhouse played a rare good one - bar his kicking which is what it is. Our pressure won us the game. All our mids were good. I agree both Bews and Atkins played well. Kolo is the weakest link - dropped marks and always makes me nervous when he kicks the ball.

Mieirs was good but selfish on one occasion while Close is arguably too unselfish.

Fyffe was a shadow of his usual self and probably shouldn't have played, but then we are missing several key players.

I thought the conditions favoured Dal and Narkle a bit. A dry day at the MCG could find them out.
Miers is selfish, but Its ok to have a few goal greedy players (Miers, JC and to a lesser extent Rohan) in the forward line. Especially when they are all excellent shots in goal. I think Bews has a strong goal pig instict, but his finishing usually lets him down.

Higgins's goalkicking is still a concern- 3.10 for the year- but I think his attitude has been better the last few weeks. I think he was recruited to fill the void left by our previous #4: elite disposal into F50, and I'm seeing Higgins starting to get it right.

Anyone know what Sam did though?
Nailed Walters a beauty just in front of the goal square. Great bump but just collected Walters' chin, who then put some mayo on it. At the time I said he might be in a bit of trouble for it. Not because it was dirty or anything, but the fact that he chose to bump and got him a bit high.

Last edited:
Higgins's goalkicking is still a concern- 3.10 for the year- but I think his attitude has been better the last few weeks. I think he was recruited to fill the void left by our previous #4: elite disposal into F50, and I'm seeing Higgins starting to get it right.

His kicking seems to be improving in terms of hitting targets but he’s still struggling to kick with any penetration. I doubt he could kick the distance from anything over 40m atm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can't miss the signs
This is how a heavyweight contender deals with lightweight also rans.
Steadiness, professionalism and guidance from the senior Cats is immense
Cats are starting to build momentum and are yet to reach top form.
Team is cohesive and trust each other... with few weak links.
The underlying hunger to win another Premiership is emerging.
The self-belief and desire for success is building

\

Miers is selfish, but Its ok to have a few goal greedy players (Miers, JC and to a lesser extent Rohan) in the forward line. Especially when they are all excellent shots in goal. I think Bews has a strong goal pig instict, but his finishing usually lets him down.
When coming out of defence, Bews has an excellent swerve to straighten and then run on to launch a kick forward and centred.

His kicking seems to be improving in terms of hitting targets but he’s still struggling to kick with any penetration. I doubt he could kick the distance from anything over 40m atm.

Sure, but when you're 70m out and hitting up Tom Hawkins or Esava on a lead you just need precision, not distance. Last two or three weeks he's getting that part right.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back