Review Geelong spifflicate Fremantle by 69 points. - Rnd 18

Remove this Banner Ad

If the Dees and Dogs finish top 2 (as they will be at the end of the round barring the biggest upset of the year), it doesn't matter. Will be an MCG qualifying final regardless. What we want is for Brisbane to miss top 2 to eliminate the risk of travel, so far, so good.

Yeppp. Port's outs means they probably won't be challenging for Top 4 either.

Definitely down to Dogs, Demons, Lions and us I reckon.

Mayyyybe even Sydney instead of the Lions depending on how Hipwood out affects them

And in that sense, I feel dirty suggesting it, but if Richmond could eek out a draw or a 1pt win (no other result), I'll be satisfied.

They managed to do a good job against Lions last year, hope they can recreate something for our sake.

Please help dustbin sharty

but yet some think cant play at this level.

amazing...baffling.... but amazing.

We all get it really wrong sometimes.

Go CAtters
Really? Who? I want to meet these smooth brains. Showed a lot last year on debut, and has absolutely gone up another level this year. The question going forward is if Evans progresses as he has been, do you drop Higgins or Dahlhaus for him? On last nights effort probably Higgins.

When the coaches select our forwardline when we have a full list, Im certain they say "Hawkins, Cameron, Rohan, Close".

And come finals he is the type of player we need to win a flag.

Are we able to keep a top2 position from now on?
Might come down to the game against Melbourne at the end of the year.

Rd 18;
Richmond could upset Brisbane this weekend, although depends on how Brisbane handle the Hipwood/Adams outs and Tigers get up for milestones.
Gold Coast lost some good players, I thought they might sneak an upset V Bulldogs but now I am not sure about that.
Saints might batter Port with the form Saints are in and Ports injuries.

Rd 19;
Bulldogs will smash Adelaide.
Port probably beat Collingwood in Adelaide.
We should beat Richmond.
Melbourne should beat Gold Coast.

Rd 20;
Brisbane should beat Gold Coast.
Melbourne V Bulldogs is where we will make up a game on one of these teams (now watch as they draw since I have written that).
We will beat North Melbourne.
Port probably beat GWS.

Thats the next few weeks, injuries and form this year are unpredictable at best, but at the very least we are guaranteed one match where Melbourne or Bulldogs lose when they play each other, and some matches like Rich V Bris and Gold Coast V Bulldogs this week where maybe an upset happens.

And in that sense, I feel dirty suggesting it, but if Richmond could eek out a draw or a 1pt win (no other result), I'll be satisfied.

I'll be lowkey supporting twelvthmond tonight... and then washing my mouth out with bleach afterwards.

A Richmond win tonight would have us two games and % safe inside the top 4.

Probably the first time he's had a proper crack at the role this year. No ruck work for him that I remember, wasn't playing too shallow as a forward target because he wasn't competing for space with Cameron/Rohan. It was a small glimpse that keeps me on board that he could be something.

Once Cameron is back he needs to be in the vfl though
I'm not so sure, neither Hawk or Cameron crash a pack like Sav can. Rohan does a bit of it but does not do it as well as Sav due to the size difference. Cameron plays more like an oversized flanker than a key forward. Not sold that we could get away with a forward line of Hawkins, Cameron, Esava, Rohan, Close and one of Miers, Dalhous, Higgins, Evans with one on the bench but could be worth a try.

Think the equivalent game v Freo was Close’s first game - a damn good first ‘full season’ by Brad. You would think he’s got some upside with further development. Bigger tank and a few more kilos could make a good wing/burst mid. Another great Rookie pick by the great S.Wells.
I think Close is in our best 22 but he is about to turn 23 so the chances of him putting on much weight I think are pretty slim. he is just one of those blokes that will stay slim and wiry.

E6VwzHtVkAg3CAm

Stanley did very well against ex-falcon Darcy. Dalhouse played a rare good one - bar his kicking which is what it is. Our pressure won us the game. All our mids were good. I agree both Bews and Atkins played well. Kolo is the weakest link - dropped marks and always makes me nervous when he kicks the ball.

Mieirs was good but selfish on one occasion while Close is arguably too unselfish.

Fyffe was a shadow of his usual self and probably shouldn't have played, but then we are missing several key players.

I thought the conditions favoured Dal and Narkle a bit. A dry day at the MCG could find them out.
I think Narkle is far better in the dry.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So 3 Freo players played worse than Holmes who didn't play HAHAHAHAHA

I find this funny as sh*t but i can still never take these things seriously as i remember Stewart a few years ago being placed in the bottom 4 players when he was clearly in the best 10 or so
Those ratings HATE Stewart with a passion. They've been a bit more kind to him so far this year but still fall well short of his actual performance.

I'll be lowkey supporting twelvthmond tonight... and then washing my mouth out with bleach afterwards.

A Richmond win tonight would have us two games and % safe inside the top 4.

I think the Tigers will win tonight, then we can have a week of articles about how they are not done yet. Then we can beat them by 10 goals next week and finish them off ourselves.

I was expecting a lot more from Freo last night and I think of a lot of their supporters around me thought that too. Absolute bruise free footy on their first prime time game in years.

Danger filled the Rohan role well early on just without the kicking. Was right behind the Close goal to open up the scoring too. Fantastic kick.

We missed out on Darcy in that 2016 Draft but the other 4 picks delivered last night.

The result really rattles the lid.

I'm not so sure, neither Hawk or Cameron crash a pack like Sav can. Rohan does a bit of it but does not do it as well as Sav due to the size difference. Cameron plays more like an oversized flanker than a key forward. Not sold that we could get away with a forward line of Hawkins, Cameron, Esava, Rohan, Close and one of Miers, Dalhous, Higgins, Evans with one on the bench but could be worth a try.
Yeah I say role I more mean that he got the space and can play his own game rather than this 4th tall / around the ground marking target thing he's doing which looks a bit poorly thought out

I was expecting a lot more from Freo last night and I think of a lot of their supporters around me thought that too. Absolute bruise free footy on their first prime time game in years.

Danger filled the Rohan role well early on just without the kicking. Was right behind the Close goal to open up the scoring too. Fantastic kick.

We missed out on Darcy in that 2016 Draft but the other 4 picks delivered last night.

The result really rattles the lid.
I was expecting a full game of basically what we saw in the first 10 minutes. Freo just gave up

It's funny how people see things differently. To me up until he got injured I thought Darcy could not have been more dominant. Until we took control completely I thought he was a chance to single handedly lead them to victory. I have rarely seem one ruckman dominate another more than Darcy did in the first half. He was unstoppable and except for some skill execution would have been the best player on the ground to half time easily.
Leading possession getter about midway through the second term iirc.

Really? Who? I want to meet these smooth brains. Showed a lot last year on debut, and has absolutely gone up another level this year. The question going forward is if Evans progresses as he has been, do you drop Higgins or Dahlhaus for him? On last nights effort probably Higgins.

When the coaches select our forwardline when we have a full list, Im certain they say "Hawkins, Cameron, Rohan, Close".

And come finals he is the type of player we need to win a flag.

Close is what we used to call a playmaker. He makes things happen.

Think of it this way, he is nearly the opposite of Zuthrie. Who stands guard on the wall, but doesn't create.

Needs to be in. I wonder if his body is holding up, as a younger, less experienced player at this level. Would absolutely hate to see him tire come finals.

Close is what we used to call a playmaker. He makes things happen.

Think of it this way, he is nearly the opposite of Zuthrie. Who stands guard on the wall, but doesn't create.

Needs to be in. I wonder if his body is holding up, as a younger, less experienced player at this level. Would absolutely hate to see him tire come finals.
He's 23. He'll be fine

Remove this Banner Ad

Back