Review Geelong spifflicate Fremantle by 69 points. - Rnd 18

Feb 12, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Exactly. And even slower as Isaac Smith is the only designated ball retriever.
6d829cc0-d08b-11eb-bf3c-8729560e4f04

sk8er_in_town

Team Captain
May 23, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
On hold where it should be

I get that we played our match a couple of days ago but it's still only Saturday, there's still 7 matches to be played this round and still more than a week to the currently scheduled time for our match against Richmond

There'll be a preview thread in due course

Long time lurker, post very little.

Firstly I have a lot respect and I’m thankful for those that run this board they do a great job!

But why can’t we open up the preview thread straight away for those who are already excited for the next game and a ready to move on?

Go cats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Long time lurker, post very little.

Firstly I have a lot respect and I’m thankful for those that run this board they do a great job!

But why can’t we open up the preview thread straight away for those who are already excited for the next game and a ready to move on?

Go cats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One reason for not opening a preview thread in the immediate aftermath of the completed match is to allow time to digest & review our most recent match. Not everyone is in a position to watch the match live, especially when it's a Thursday or Friday night, so it's a good option to give folks time to watch and discuss

Secondly and most importantly at the moment - the uncertainty around the season and what's happening this round let alone next round. This is the latest in regards to round 19:

“The Round 19 fixture looks even more complicated (than Round 18). AFL figures today tell me it was almost a nightmare to get this one going,” Herald Sun reporter Jon Ralph said on Fox Footy on Friday night.

“I understand for the first time the AFL‘s going to have to consider whether they need to change the scheduled games around.

No point starting a preview thread if the AFL come out in 24/48 hours, change the fixture and our opponent - better off waiting for confirmation of round 19 before contemplating a preview thread

standupand

Club Legend
Sep 27, 2019
Meanjin
AFL Club
Geelong
There's something about Thursday night that's given me a good feeling about this season. Sure Freo were not at their best by any stretch, but for us what was so notable was the increase in work rate across the team with still what seemed like some improvement left. It made me think we've actually been going along at 3/4 pace for most of the year. If we get one of our most important players back in Duncan at the right time, we are looking pretty complete. The next few weeks will tell us a lot about whether this game was the start of a building of form toward finals, or just one of our better performances amongst other inconsistent ones.

Sep 26, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Is it just me or is BT a little anti-Geelong?
Just a little?

I still remember him slagging off the entire region on our first night game at KP when the lights were installed…and he did that for the entire night not just one instance

he’s an absolute campaigner of the highest order

Pollywaffle

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 2, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Geelong
There's something about Thursday night that's given me a good feeling about this season. Sure Freo were not at their best by any stretch, but for us what was so notable was the increase in work rate across the team with still what seemed like some improvement left. It made me think we've actually been going along at 3/4 pace for most of the year. If we get one of our most important players back in Duncan at the right time, we are looking pretty complete. The next few weeks will tell us a lot about whether this game was the start of a building of form toward finals, or just one of our better performances amongst other inconsistent ones.
Do we have a time frame on Duncan?

Nov 18, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Realistically speaking have Richmond chances improved against us next week?

Beating Lions must have definitely boosted their morale.

Martin will be out by the looks of it, could they possibly pose any danger either home or away in Kpark?

Of course they can. If both teams follow recent form we should beat them comfortably, but their core game plan always troubles us.

THU, JULY 15
Fremantle vs Geelong Cats
VOTES PLAYER (CLUB)
8 - Cameron Guthrie (GEEL)
7 - Tom Hawkins (GEEL)
6 - Sam Menegola (GEEL)
4 - Zach Tuohy (GEEL)
3 - Patrick Dangerfield (GEEL)
2 - Brandan Parfitt (GEEL)

Back