Review Geelong spifflocates West coast by 97 points.

Farmer2Goggin

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Celtics
Dunno bout after the siren but Doug Wade slotted a few mighty roosts from all points.
Back in the days when the footy was more like a pudding too..

Some great childhood memories of Wade and the MCG.
Seemed like he kicked torps for goal on most occasions with incredible accuracy.
Probably an exagerration but I'm almost sure he put one on the roof of the old stand at the G from 40 metres out on one occasion ;)

Ricketz

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 2, 2011
Wagga Wagga
AFL Club
Geelong
Im sorry but if rohan hasnt played any games this year then we are atleast 4-2 with wins. We were beating west coast regardless of his 3 goals and he contributed virtually nothing in every other game he played. What game do we lose if he wasnt there?

Ps. We sacked menzel despite having better stats then the ones you just put up for rohan. Note how you have no defensive stats to put up. Only offensive ones.
Nah fair call on the win loss, I got mixed up on which games he missed - but we lose to Brisbane so it would be 3 and 3 and we lose by a couple more goals to Adelaide.

He stepped up in the 3rd against NM when the game was still in the balance, kicked 2.1 and 22 pressure acts for that game.

He had 13 pressure acts, 7 score involvements, kicked 3.1 last week.

Not sure what you want from him to be honest.

Im sorry but if rohan hasnt played any games this year then we are atleast 4-2 with wins. We were beating west coast regardless of his 3 goals and he contributed virtually nothing in every other game he played. What game do we lose if he wasnt there?

Ps. We sacked menzel despite having better stats then the ones you just put up for rohan. Note how you have no defensive stats to put up. Only offensive ones.

Don't forget the extensive damage he did to Neale - couldn't eat properly for a week, so maybe that forearm to the chest did do some damage against the Lions

foodles05

Club Legend
Jun 12, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
He had a DE of 64% which was the worst of our defenders and really inexcusable given the lack of pressure. He also had his standard fare of 4+ clangers.

He's a crap kick; try as you will but you can't sugar coat it. :grinning:

Whilst I agree Bews can butcher the ball DE might be the worst statistic in the game considering how flawed it is. No stat is seemingly less concerned with the nuances of the game that effect outcomes.

foodles05

Club Legend
Jun 12, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Alot rubbish him and bag him ( i havent been one of them ) and i know he is inconsistent and his GF record is poor - however in that 2nd qtr he beat Brad Sheppard ( who i think has been AA and is a pretty good player ) pointless

You can only pick and play - players who are on your list - thats why i have allways said that Rohan is easily in Geelongs best 22 - simply because he is

It is the same with Bews - no world beater - far from it - however as a back pocket - small defender - he also is in Geelongs best 22 - there is no one in the 2nds better than Bews in that position . If there was a youngish David Wojincsi currently in Geel 2nds - he would probably take Bews spot - but currently there isnt - and thats why Bews is easily in Geelongs best 22

Yeah and further to this point is the fact that if you don't have players like this in your team cause they don;t make it on merit then you have a Geelong super era team. I think people live in this fantasy land where your bottom couple of players shouldn't be ordinary to very ordinary. That's how is it for almost every team unless your are a powerhouse.

Kitcat

Club Legend
Dec 4, 2019
AFL Club
Geelong
Nah fair call on the win loss, I got mixed up on which games he missed - but we lose to Brisbane so it would be 3 and 3 and we lose by a couple more goals to Adelaide.

He stepped up in the 3rd against NM when the game was still in the balance, kicked 2.1 and 22 pressure acts for that game.

If Rohan could hold a few more marks, and he can get quite high on occasions, he would be a difficult player to defend against, considering his pace. The ball often seems to slip the initial grab and he can’t hold the second grab.

Don't forget the extensive damage he did to Neale - couldn't eat properly for a week, so maybe that forearm to the chest did do some damage against the Lions
Emaciated him to the point that he did he ankle. That's setting us up to prevent an away final at the gabba.

Jun 5, 2007
AFL Club
Geelong
Yeah and further to this point is the fact that if you don't have players like this in your team cause they don;t make it on merit then you have a Geelong super era team. I think people live in this fantasy land where your bottom couple of players shouldn't be ordinary to very ordinary. That's how is it for almost every team unless your are a powerhouse.
You could easily argue Richmond's bottom 2-3 for the last five years have not been world beaters, they just play their part.

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
Coaches votes:

10 Mitch Duncan (GEEL)
5 Cameron Guthrie (GEEL)
5 Jack Henry (GEEL)
3 Rhys Stanley (GEEL)
3 Tom Stewart (GEEL)
2 Lachie Henderson (GEEL)
2 Gary Rohan (GEEL)
Those tell me one thing

his game last week was good. If he can do that every second week. Then that would be good. 5 marks, 12 touches, 2 goals a game, 3 tackles is what he should be averaging.

Apr 16, 2006
The Dirty N-o-r-f
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
One club man
**** me Castagna is an ordinary footballer who goes missing very often but can deliver and plays a role.

Most ordinary of the ordinary, cannot believe he had a huge article about him and his “squiggles” on his legs in The Age a couple weeks back.

But he is a barometer for their team, like in the GF when he dobbed it from 40-50m after having one of the worst set shot conversion rates on their team. Assist to Kolo on that one from memory as well.

Drunkcat

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 31, 2018
Wagga Wagga
AFL Club
Geelong

Decent argument was our second greatest cricketer ever by a stretch. WW2 fighter pilot, allround dashing fellow and a bit of a larrikin.

Some great childhood memories of Wade and the MCG.
Seemed like he kicked torps for goal on most occasions with incredible accuracy.
Probably an exagerration but I'm almost sure he put one on the roof of the old stand at the G from 40 metres out on one occasion ;)
Wade was still kicking goals with torps most of the time with North

Ricketz

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 2, 2011
Wagga Wagga
AFL Club
Geelong
Those tell me one thing

his game last week was good. If he can do that every second week. Then that would be good. 5 marks, 12 touches, 2 goals a game, 3 tackles is what he should be averaging.
I get what you are aiming at - I would love to have him play at last week's level every game. I just want to persist with him with the new line up to see if he can.

I'm pretty sure we have more appropriate threads for cricket discussion than the review of our past match

Back to our spifflication of WCE please

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
I get what you are aiming at - I would love to have him play at last week's level every game. I just want to persist with him with the new line up to see if he can.
Fair enough. First week it defiantly worked. Was it related to the Cameron/hawkins factor or was it just the usual random once a month Rohan game? We will see. Let’s hope it’s the former and we get more of it.

Does Melbourne have 137 games experience in their best 22? Seems like they cycle through debutants every quarter.
Not limited to best 22, rather the entire list and whom from that is listed as injured

Back