curnow inferno

Team Captain
Nov 22, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
CHANGES AT END OF 2022:
INS: CAMERON, STENGLE
OUTS: MOTLOP, BURNS
Leadership change: Selwood to captain. Harley to vice captain.

CHANGES AT END OF 2020:
IN: GUTHRIE
OUT: GRAHAM

FBT.STEWART*M.SCARLETTT.HARLEY (vc)
HBC.ENRIGHTH.TAYLORD.MILBURN
CJ.BARTELJ.SELWOOD (c)J.COREY
HFP.CHAPMANC.MOONEYS.JOHNSON
FFJ.CAMERON*T.HAWKINS*T.STENGLE*
RRS.KINGP.DANGERFIELD*G.ABLETT
INTC.LINGM.BLICAVS*C.GUTHRIE* - J.KELLY
COACH:MARK THOMPSON

Thoughts?

Last edited:
FB: T.STEWART* - M.SCARLETT - T.HARLEY (c)
HB: C.ENRIGHT - H.TAYLOR* - D.MILBURN
C: J.BARTEL - J.SELWOOD* (vc) - J.COREY
HF: P.CHAPMAN - C.MOONEY - S.JOHNSON
FF: S.MOTLOP - T.HAWKINS* - R.BURNS
RR: S.KING - P.DANGERFIELD* - G.ABLETT*
INT: C.LING - M.BLICAVS* - B.GRAHAM - J.KELLY
COACH: MARK THOMPSON

Minimum 50 games qualification.

I think Geelong's is the best of all the teams. Especially considering players the calibre of duncan, sanderson, riccardi and mackie just to name a few who missed out but would be a walk up in almost every other team.

I tried to play everyone in position so the forward pockets are not at the same standard as the other positions but I don't like the idea of taking out the gun on ballers to cover those spots.

I've got a few adjustments, but not a bad list. Riccardi being left out in a 21st century list makes sense, as he was at the tail end of his career from 2000 onwards. Ronnie Burns and Stephen Motlop don't make it for mine, and neither does Ben Graham (you forgot Brad Ottens, haha). I'd also have Sel over Harley as Captain, too.

This would be mine:

B: Stewart, Scarlett, Harley (vc)
HB: Enright, Taylor, Milburn
C: Bartel, J. Kelly, Corey
FO: Ottens, Dangerfield, J. Selwood (C)
HF: Stevie J, Mooney, Ablett
F: Stokes, Hawkins, Chapman
INT: Ling, Blicavs, S. King, Mackie/Duncan

Last edited:

I think Geelong's is the best of all the teams. Especially considering players the calibre of duncan, sanderson, riccardi and mackie just to name a few who missed out but would be a walk up in almost every other team.

I tried to play everyone in position so the forward pockets are not at the same standard as the other positions but I don't like the idea of taking out the gun on ballers to cover those spots.
Riccardi in (he did play longer then burns and graham in the 21st century) to replace f**** blicavs. Ottens stiff although king was also pretty damn good. Duncan cant be too far away either.

If I'm playing a match to win with role players:

B: Mackie Lonergan Scarlett
HB: Enright Taylor Milburn
C: Selwood Corey Kelly
HF: Johnson Mooney Bartel
F: Stokes Hawkins Chapman
R: Ottens Dangerfield Ablett
I: King Ling Stewart Rooke
Stokes and mackie just no. Stokes wasnt even good enough to play in the 2009 gf and his 2008 appearance is one of the all time shockers. Burns, riccardi and motlop are levels above stokes.

First of all, nice thread:thumbsu:

B: Stewart Scarlett Harley(c)
HB: Enright Taylor Milburn
C: Corey Dangerfield Kelly
HF: Johnson Mooney Bartel
F: Chapman Hawkins Stokes
Foll: Ottens Ablett Selwood(vc)
Inter: Blicavs Ling Wojcinski Duncan

B Stewart Scarlett Egan
HB Milburn Taylor Enright
C J.Kelly Bartel Corey
HF Chapman Hawkins Stevie J
F Ablett Mooney Menzel
R. Ottens Dangerfield Selwood (c)
I Lonergan Ling (vc) King Rooke
E Harley Mackie Wojo Stokes
Rehab Cockatoo
Amended to add Max Rooke ahead of Riccardi who only played in spurts in the 2000s otherwise he would be in for certain

Last edited:
Stokes and mackie just no. Stokes wasnt even good enough to play in the 2009 gf and his 2008 appearance is one of the all time shockers. Burns, riccardi and motlop are levels above stokes.
Depends which Stokes we're talking about. Later career Stokes when he started going through the midfield was a lot better than earlier career Stokes playing as a goal sneak forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

B Stewart Scarlett Egan
HB Milburn Taylor Enright
C J.Kelly Bartel Corey
HF Chapman Hawkins Stevie J
F Ablett Mooney Menzel
R. Ottens Dangerfield Selwood (c)
I Lonergan Ling (vc) King Riccardi
E Harley Mackie Wojo Stokes
Rehab Cockatoo
Best team yet. Egan over harley is controversial though. Not saying its wrong though.

Not putting Brad Ottens in there must have been an oversight...please tell me it was?? I would have Podsiadly in front of Mooney at CHF

Best team yet. Egan over harley is controversial though. Not saying its wrong though.

Egan was a gun. Power and quickness would have been Rance before Rance.

While I agree with your summation about Stokes' 2008 grand final, the reason he didn't play in 2009 was due to injury, not because he wasn't good enough.

B: Stewart Lonergan Scarlett
HB: Milburn Taylor Enright
C: Bartel J.Selwood Ricciardi
HF: Johnson Mooney Chapman
FF: Varcoe Hawkins Stokes
FOLL: Ottens Ablett Dangerfield
INT: King Corey Ling J.Kelly

Emg: Mackie Harley T.Kelly Duncan

Troll.
Should have made it more obvious by naming Murdoch.

I rate Varcoe higher than others. 2009-11 he was a high quality player. Look up his goals+goal assist numbers over that time or watch some highlights of his ability to impact big moments during that three year period. Hugely underrated.

Prefer him over Motlop etc any day.

Mackie underrated around here.

Yeah he was the one I found hardest to leave out. Absolute gun over a long period of time. And underrated defensively imo, tended to get talked about more for his offensive game but rarely got beaten by whoever he was playing on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back