News Geelong to unveil 2019 home guernsey vs Suns

Remove this Banner Ad

Quoting from the Cats website:

"It’ll be a taste of things to come for the Cats on Saturday against the Suns at GMHBA Stadium.

The Cats for the first time will launch and wear their 2019 home guernsey in their final 2018 home and away game.

The guernsey’s changes include the addition of the watermarked “G” logo to the collar and a new cut that includes ergonomic seams and a new sport tech design that allows freedom of movement and reduction of underarm irritation.

Fans will be able to pre-purchase the guernsey on the day from the Cats Shop and online via shop.geelongcats.com.au"

Screen Shot 2018-08-24 at 10.21.10 am.png Screen Shot 2018-08-24 at 10.21.14 am.png

The new 'sport tech' seems to cut into the cuff on the back, making a part-white, part-blue cuff. Numbers seem a little darker as well. Other than that, looks pretty good. I like the incorporation of the 'G', works well as our tertiary logo. Will wearing new guernseys at the end of the previous season become the norm? Not sure if this has been done before

Last edited:

This happens a lot in European football, never seen it happen in Australia before, probably because AFL home guernseys by-and-large don’t change much from season to season.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Hawthorn did it with their clash jumper a few years ago, used the next years clash jumper int he last game against the suns.

If they win tomorrow and qualify for the finals, will it be worn in the finals seeing it is better technology?

Hopefully it look better on the day, but the back looks like they are wearing a tanktop and their navy bra straps are showing.

"It’ll be a taste of things to come for the Cats on Saturday against the Suns at GMHBA Stadium.

The Cats for the first time will launch and wear their 2019 home guernsey in their final 2018 home and away game.

The guernsey’s changes include the addition of the watermarked “G” logo to the collar and a new cut that includes ergonomic seams and a new sport tech design that allows freedom of movement and reduction of underarm irritation.

Fans will be able to pre-purchase the guernsey on the day from the Cats Shop and online via shop.geelongcats.com.au"

View attachment 548245 View attachment 548246

The new 'sport tech' seems to cut into the cuff on the back, making a part-white, part-blue cuff. Numbers seem a little darker as well. Other than that, looks pretty good. I like the incorporation of the 'G', works well as our tertiary logo. Will wearing new guernseys at the end of the previous season become the norm? Not sure if this has been done before
Looks farrrrken terrible from behind.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 548245 View attachment 548246

Wish the would get rid of the shitty Cat emblem on the jumper !!

More pics of the new jumper from this press release. I'm not sure why they persist with the G when it's the main identity of a rival club.

http://cottonongroup.com.au/cotton-...s-unveil-innovative-guernsey-design-for-2019/

View attachment 550664 View attachment 550665 View attachment 550666
It's a good looking G. It is very much inspired by MLB cap logos but I like it. It is like Collingwood with the CFC logo on the back of their jumper, they are still distinct.

It's a good looking G. It is very much inspired by MLB cap logos but I like it. It is like Collingwood with the CFC logo on the back of their jumper, they are still distinct.
The G does look nice. But GWS have marketed their brand around the “G”. Geelong have just picked the G from the CURRENT logo, where the G IS the logo for GWS.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back