News Geelong to unveil 2019 home guernsey vs Suns

The G does look nice. But GWS have marketed their brand around the “G”. Geelong have just picked the G from the CURRENT logo, where the G IS the logo for GWS.

While I agree we are sort of copying (maybe) another clubs key design element, I'm glad we are experimenting with a tertiary logo. I would prefer to see the cat from our secondary logo used more though, it looks brilliant when used on its own

While I agree we are sort of copying (maybe) another clubs key design element, I'm glad we are experimenting with a tertiary logo. I would prefer to see the cat from our secondary logo used more though, it looks brilliant when used on its own
Why the need for a tertiary logo, when none of the other clubs have a secondary logo.

Why the need for a tertiary logo, when none of the other clubs have a secondary logo.

I guess you could argue it's a move towards an American-team set up, where there is a whole set of logos used for different purposes. Most American teams have their primary logo, a less-common secondary logo, and a wordmark.

The Cats have developed a set including a primary logo (cat face), secondary logo (crawling cat) and tertiary logo ('G'). Each logo serves a different purpose, with the primary logo on pretty much all merch and in AFL and Cats publications, the secondary logo on the more official Cotton On merch and official club documents, and the tertiary logo used sparingly on caps, the jumpers, and merch

Jul 9, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
I played Ammos in the 80s
latest

5357_new_england_patriots-wordmark-2013.gif

new_england_patriots_helmet1.jpg

new-england-patriots-logo-transparent.png

All valid New England Patriots logos.
The AFL will copy whatever makes money in an overseas league.

Sep 8, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
The crawling cat in the location of the G would have been much better.

Even still that G just looks s**t.

The crawling cat in the location of the G would have been much better.

Even still that G just looks s**t.

While I don't mind the 'G', I love the crawling cat. It came up excellent when used on it's own as part of my wallpaper:

Screen Shot 2018-08-22 at 10.59.01 am.png

We should use it further as part of our branding, maybe on some t-shirts or on the side of the New Era/member caps

Discrim

Senior List
Aug 27, 2005
Racine, Wisconsin, USA
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
GB Packers, Chi Bears, Chi Cubs
Agreed, I see absolutely no reason Geelong couldn't let the crawling cat stand alone (granted, if I were them, I'd ditch the cat face entirely, make the crawling cat crest the primary, and use the standalone cat on the guernseys) Granted, the G would look nice on a cap, but as mentioned, someone might mistake it for Gatorade. Given the two clubs use entirely different color schemes, I wouldn't worry too much about Geelong's G being confused for GWS' variant.

Jul 4, 2012
County Grant
AFL Club
Geelong
Agreed, I see absolutely no reason Geelong couldn't let the crawling cat stand alone (granted, if I were them, I'd ditch the cat face entirely, make the crawling cat crest the primary, and use the standalone cat on the guernseys) Granted, the G would look nice on a cap, but as mentioned, someone might mistake it for Gatorade. Given the two clubs use entirely different color schemes, I wouldn't worry too much about Geelong's G being confused for GWS' variant.
As a rule I don't buy merch with the cat face logo when our other logo is incredible!

As a rule I don't buy merch with the cat face logo when our other logo is incredible!

I do my best to go for the Cotton On-branded stuff, both for the logo and for the fact that it is usually of a high quality, although every now and then a nice t-shirt comes along so I might pick it up, and the cat face is always on the member merchandise as well

Back