Geelong - Too old, too slow?

Remove this Banner Ad

Don’t recall saying it meant anything.

the loss in 2019 was to a full strength Geelong and with a lot more missing tigers than were missing the other night. And it played out how I described - one team having a field day and winning with skill, the other looking disinterested and off their game and waiting for a more meaningful match.

Richmond the other night were not that team. They came to play.

Don’t recall saying it meant anything.

the loss in 2019 was to a full strength Geelong and with a lot more missing tigers than were missing the other night. And it played out how I described - one team having a field day and winning with skill, the other looking disinterested and off their game and waiting for a more meaningful match.

Richmond the other night were not that team. They came to play.

Maybe in the first but our inexperienced midfield got a major lesson.

Cameron and Hawkins gel together they will be very hard to stop. Hawkins under rated and Cameron is a star

Maybe in the first but our inexperienced midfield got a major lesson.

Cameron and Hawkins gel together they will be very hard to stop. Hawkins under rated and Cameron is a star

No one will appreciate Hawkins until he’s retired with 700+ goals, 300+ assists and a couple of flags and 3 AA starts. Still a super player.

cameron I think was a victim like a lot of giants of the 2019 grand final. Yes it was a horror day for them but even the underwhelming season that followed doesn’t undo all the good footy before it. Cameron has already been sensational for us and totally changes the dynamic of the team. No grimes added to that disparity in our forward 50.

No one will appreciate Hawkins until he’s retired with 700+ goals, 300+ assists and a couple of flags and 3 AA starts. Still a super player.

cameron I think was a victim like a lot of giants of the 2019 grand final. Yes it was a horror day for them but even the underwhelming season that followed doesn’t undo all the good footy before it. Cameron has already been sensational for us and totally changes the dynamic of the team. No grimes added to that disparity in our forward 50.

Grimes wouldn’t have made a difference.
Honestly Guthrie and Menegola in particular are so underrated. I’d have Duncan at 1 Danger 2, Guthrie 3 Menegola 4 and Selwood at 5 for your mids. Criminally underrated. I thought we had a good chance but our next tier mids got an absolute lesson in footy.

Grimes wouldn’t have made a difference.
Honestly Guthrie and Menegola in particular are so underrated. I’d have Duncan at 1 Danger 2, Guthrie 3 Menegola 4 and Selwood at 5 for your mids. Criminally underrated. I thought we had a good chance but our next tier mids got an absolute lesson in footy.

I’d probably rate them the same way though Selwood has been immense this year compared to the last few

Any cats players likely to retire at years end?

Maybe Selwood and Higgins if we won a flag but they should both be back next year. Lachie Henderson wouldn't be a shocker. Josh Jenkins will surely wrap it up. Hawkins and Isaac Smith will go around again. Thay're our oldest players.

Maybe Selwood and Higgins if we won a flag but they should both be back next year. Lachie Henderson wouldn't be a shocker. Josh Jenkins will surely wrap it up. Hawkins and Isaac Smith will go around again. Thay're our oldest players.
So if you don’t win the flag potentially only 1 player retiring in Jenkins? Maybe 2 with hendo

At this point, both are playing well enough to go on next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another slow, uninspired performance where the only reason they're going to win is goal kicking accuracy.

A spud like Sam Flanders misses a sitter, Hawkins kicks a difficult one.

A spud because he’s not Dustin martin or playing his 12th game?
He's running inside 50 under no pressure, kicking for goal, doesn't make the distance and misses. No excuses for a second year player, putrid to not make the distance.

What's the point going all out against the Suns lol? Still doubling their score, controlled the whole game, lead every single stat except tackles (though with +150 possies). Bank the 4 points, boost the percentage, build to September.

What's the point going all out against the Suns lol? Still doubling their score, controlled the whole game, lead every single stat except tackles (though with +150 possies). Bank the 4 points, boost the percentage, build to September.
Did you scrutinise your club for going all out against Melbourne 10 years ago and winning by 150 points? Or were you too young?

Geelong were sluggish again early in the game and only lead mid way through the 3rd quarter thanks to the difference in accuracy. The rest of the game came down to fitness.

Did you scrutinise your club for going all out against Melbourne 10 years ago and winning by 150 points? Or were you too young?

Geelong were sluggish again early in the game and only lead mid way through the 3rd quarter thanks to the difference in accuracy. The rest of the game came down to fitness.

Why would I have scrutinised them? It was a good win, against absolute witches hats. Gold Coast have actually tried today and we haven't left 2nd gear. And we'll still win by 40.

Are you all up and about because the Lions beat the Tigers by 5 goals last night? Forget we tonked them by 10 goals 2 weeks ago, at their home ground? Or your team by 10 goals at your own home ground in a prelim?

It's round 10 and it means nothing, hopefully one day you'll have a team amazing enough to be constantly criticised for winning.

Yep, the difference between GC and Geelong is fitness :drunk: Stuart Dew move over, we have the new coach....

Feel like you were here earlier in the thread saying Geelong is doomed, but you're now under a new Elias.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back