Geelong - Too old, too slow?

Luv_our_club

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 14, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Significance? I don't expect Geelong to move off the bottom of the Frees Against ladder

The Cats beat the Hawks this year because of frees:

Downfield free for Selwood push in the back - since then I have seen it 30 times not paid, and I have seen it paid nonce and never a down field free.

Holding the ball in the F50 in the last quarter a couple of times not paid.

The goal that was called "touched" by Wingaard.

So, add that to the Lions game - that is at least two games the Cat's got away with.

How many frees has the anomaly Selwood got this year?- "chuckle, laugh, chuckle" with Razor before and during every game.

Cat's be on the teat.

I have always been fond of the old "Litter Box" as a reminder of the idiosyncratic nature of our great game. Hopefully the day never comes when the AFL dictates that all grounds must have the same dimensions.

Saint

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 1, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon

Downfield free for Selwood push in the back - since then I have seen it 30 times not paid, and I have seen it paid nonce and never a down field free.

So, add that to the Lions game - that is at least two games the Cat's got away with.

How many frees has the anomaly Selwood got this year?- "chuckle, laugh, chuckle" with Razor before and during every game.

Cat's be on the teat.

Garbage, there were just as many poor frees the other way. The "hold" on Mitch Lewis which resulted in a goal springs to mind.

Apr 22, 2007
Bentleigh
AFL Club
Geelong

Cat's be on the teat.
No
Yet again you guys failed and whined about the umpiring thereafter

Luv_our_club

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 14, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Garbage, there were just as many poor frees the other way. The "hold" on Mitch Lewis which resulted in a goal springs to mind.

You mean the free kick that didn't even need to be paid because Dylan Moore played on from advantage and ran into an open goal?

Even if as you claim that wasn't a free, Hawks still win.

"Garbage" is a bit of stretch

Nov 12, 2002
AFL Club
Geelong
Dangerfield had already lost his absolute top speed. Now a serious ankle injury, I'd guess he'll spend more time forward this year when he comes back.

I thought it selfish at the time that he didn't injury sub himself. Hearing now that it's a serious injury, it's borderline inexcusable. He was playing on one leg as if him on one leg is better than fresh Jordan Clark on two.

It's ok to be arrogant when you are in the top 5 players in the league. It's going to get old quick when he's not in the top 30 when he returns from the ankle.

He's barely in the top 30 now and it's been like that for a fair while. Was very fortunate to get picked AA in 2019 and should not have been near the team last year, let alone captain. It's been reputation more than reality for quite some time.

Aug 15, 2015
The cockeyed lowlife of the (Southern) Highlands
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
He's barely in the top 30 now and it's been like that for a fair while. Was very fortunate to get picked AA in 2019 and should not have been near the team last year, let alone captain. It's been reputation more than reality for quite some time.

it was a bit sad the way he was caught on the burst multiple times by anonymous adelaide spuds in rd 1. even worse when he decided to flatline someone immediately after it. not making himself very popular, although i'm sure that won't bother CH 7 and his post footy media career.

Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
With Dangerfield out for a couple of months, I just hope Channel 7 don’t waste the opportunity to integrate him into the Friday Night Football coverage ASAP......said absolutely nobody, ever.

Dangerfield is pretty widely disliked by the general football public so I would think that guarantees him a spot on Channel 7

With Dangerfield out for a couple of months, I just hope Channel 7 don’t waste the opportunity to integrate him into the Friday Night Football coverage ASAP......said absolutely nobody, ever.
They integrated Nic Nat a few weeks back, and Joel Selwood last week - both were raging successes...not. At least Dangerfield is articulate and doesn't speak in cliches

Scray89

Debutant
Apr 23, 2021
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I don't even think Geelong fans would be too far up their high horse on this one.

JohnZ

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
This is the sort of game we tried to play against Adelaide but couldn't execute. Having Cameron in helps, because it means Hawk can't be triple teamed, and Rohan gets the 3rd/4th defender at best.

Around the ground last week against North we were pretty good, we controlled it, but the forward entries were trash. North were able to score easily from turnovers. We fixed that this week, were able to lock the ball forward more often. Accurate conversion helps too.

Doesn't change how I feel about the team's chances from before the season started, neither did our first 5 games. Should make top 4 and a prelim, hopefully a GF. Our best is good enough, the challenge is to bring it when it counts.

Scray89

Debutant
Apr 23, 2021
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
This is the sort of game we tried to play against Adelaide but couldn't execute. Having Cameron in helps, because it means Hawk can't be triple teamed, and Rohan gets the 3rd/4th defender at best.

Around the ground last week against North we were pretty good, we controlled it, but the forward entries were trash. North were able to score easily from turnovers. We fixed that this week, were able to lock the ball forward more often. Accurate conversion helps too.

Doesn't change how I feel about the team's chances from before the season started, neither did our first 5 games. Should make top 4 and a prelim, hopefully a GF. Our best is good enough, the challenge is to bring it when it counts.
Nah.

Back