Geelong - Too old, too slow?

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 11, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Locks for top 4 and will get danger back when it counts...will win all their games at home...they will go into finals with 4 straight wins and 6 of last 7...have a great “fixture” to end the season...

IMG_5086.JPG

There are a lot of variables. Mundy is not an inside mid. Would Dangerfield have the same longevity?

selwood and boak will definitely get to 300 and well over 30. Danger will likely follow suit.

Mundy may retire with over 350 games and possibly in the top 10 most games played ever

selwood and boak will definitely get to 300 and well over 30. Danger will likely follow suit.

Mundy may retire with over 350 games and possibly in the top 10 most games played ever
Selwood is on 315 already

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 15, 2015
The cockeyed lowlife of the (Southern) Highlands
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
AFL careers are being pushed out longer with better player management

30 is no longer old

I don't think this is actually true. There's always been players that go well past 30. There's always been players that are cooked by their late 20s.

You could argue the preparation and recovery has gotten more professional, but the flipside is the games have gotten more demanding as well.

jezza1435

Club Legend
Jun 12, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong

JohnZ

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
There are a lot of variables. Mundy is not an inside mid. Would Dangerfield have the same longevity?
Danger will have a 2nd career as a GAS clone in our forward line, the transition has already started. Sav, Danger and Cameron will play 2-3 seasons together as our new 3-prong attack when Hawk retires.

BennyGan

Club Legend
Jan 15, 2019
AFL Club
Geelong
LOL are we gonna see Tigers too old and slow this week too? A lot of their older players looked awful last night and dees speed was the difference.

P.S. This is a joke Tigers fans don't get mad.

Scray89

Debutant
Apr 23, 2021
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
LOL are we gonna see Tigers too old and slow this week too? A lot of their older players looked awful last night and dees speed was the difference.

P.S. This is a joke Tigers fans don't get mad.
Every team has an expiry date.

Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast
I know they won today, but that was extremely mediocre. Even before Higgins got injured, they moved the ball at a snail's pace and look miles off the better teams in the competition right now. The new rules do nothing to help them either, their senior citizens are struggling to keep up the pace. Their coach is also very negative-minded, and doesn't seem too keen on changing his ways.

A lot of people consider the loss against Adelaide as an anomaly, but Adelaide are a fast team. Even with their inexperience, I'm not surprised Geelong struggled that game.

They have Jeremy Cameron and a 31 year old Dangerfield to come back, but I'm not convinced that is anywhere near enough to be contenders this year.
I think people will regret judging Geelong without seeing Jeremy Cameron in their side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back