Blue1980

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 9, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
They should of won tonight, wasteful in front of goal and didn’t go for the kill in the last 10 mins where they could of got 3-4 goals up to make it safe.

They look like a good side still, but maybe more bottom half of the 8.

Lynchy04

Cancelled
Apr 20, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Recent history for the last 3-5 years is every runner up drops out of the 8 and I don’t think Geelong will be an exception this year.

Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
They should of won tonight, wasteful in front of goal and didn’t go for the kill in the last 10 mins where they could of got 3-4 goals up to make it safe.

They look like a good side still, but maybe more bottom half of the 8.

Very wasteful and credit to Sydney, they changed things at quarter time and came up with a way to stop our game style working effectively.

Bad kicking is bad football. And we have been Sydney's bitches for years. Lol at the comments in this thread from opp posters though.

Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Dahlhaus, Miers and Z Guthrie. Terrible footballers. Shouldn't be anywhere near your team.

The other two sure but Miers is not a terrible footballer by any means. I get that he looks like a flog and is easy to hate but the constant posting on here that he is awful is amusing. I guess people see what they want to see not what happens on the field.

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The other two sure but Miers is not a terrible footballer by any means. I get that he looks like a flog and is easy to hate but the constant posting on here that he is awful is amusing. I guess people see what they want to see not what happens on the field.

His kicking is atrocious. How can all of his coaches over his life allowed that kicking style ?

Apr 25, 2011
Launceston
AFL Club
Richmond

I've seen his kicking in particular cost you. Doesn't hold up under pressure.

Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
I've seen his kicking in particular cost you. Doesn't hold up under pressure.

He is by no means a perfect footballer but he is far from the worst player in our team (as BF might have you believe). Has played every single game since debut in a usually top 4 team. Kicks a goal a game and creates a lot, we missed him last night when he went off injured.

Apr 25, 2011
Launceston
AFL Club
Richmond
He is by no means a perfect footballer but he is far from the worst player in our team (as BF might have you believe). Has played every single game since debut in a usually top 4 team. Kicks a goal a game and creates a lot, we missed him last night when he went off injured.

Certainly not the worst by all means. I just don't see him as adding a whole lot. Dahlhaus is a million times worse though.

Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Certainly not the worst by all means. I just don't see him as adding a whole lot. Dahlhaus is a million times worse though.

No argument from me about Dalhaus and I am not stoked that we recruited Issac Smith either. Miers has only played 50 odd games.

I know BF likes to trumpet our impending downfall every time we lose a game but our starting midfield for most of last night was Narkle (23), Parfitt (23) and Guthrie (28). Henry (22) is developing into a very good tall. I am pretty happy with where our list is placed. Would be good to have our first this year but the player we traded that pick for is consistently in our best in the VFL.

Apr 25, 2011
Launceston
AFL Club
Richmond
No argument from me about Dalhaus and I am not stoked that we recruited Issac Smith either. Miers has only played 50 odd games.

I know BF likes to trumpet our impending downfall every time we lose a game but our starting midfield for most of last night was Narkle (23), Parfitt (23) and Guthrie (28). Henry (22) is developing into a very good tall. I am pretty happy with where our list is placed. Would be good to have our first this year but the player we traded that pick for is consistently in our best in the VFL.

Smith is a waste of a list spot imo. Higgins though I rate. Obviously Cameron is a great get. Hawkins seems to have developed the yips with goal kicking but he should get over that.

Henry looked very good last night. Guthrie is underrated, Parffit is solid, Narkle and Clark add something. Think your a bit to reliant on Henderson. Need another key back (maybe it's Henry) and Blitz needs to be left as the other key back.

Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Smith is a waste of a list spot imo. Higgins though I rate. Obviously Cameron is a great get. Hawkins seems to have developed the yips with goal kicking but he should get over that.

Henry looked very good last night. Guthrie is underrated, Parffit is solid, Narkle and Clark add something. Think your a bit to reliant on Henderson. Need another key back (maybe it's Henry) and Blitz needs to be left as the other key back.

Henry is earmarked for that spot and Kolo when fit comes in. Question marks on Kolo as a tall defender but tall defenders are something we are very good at developing. Missing piece of the development puzzle is a dynamic top midfielder (replace Selwood/Danger), which is why we do weird things like that trade with you, no access to top end draft midfield talent.

Back