Traded Geelong trade #38, #48, #55, F2, F4 to Brisbane for #25

Remove this Banner Ad

The only thing I can immediately think of is Gold Coast need 25 to close the Rankine deal, and AFL has basically ordered us to help them out by giving that instead of F2 for Bowes.

Considering we're getting Bowes and 7, I guess it's the least we could do. Plus help Brisbane out with more points.

Generate some goodwill all around....

Going off Lore's future pick tracker, I think the Bowes trade is something like

7, Bowes, F2 (34), F4 (65) - F1

Id like gcs r2 back not the other r2 they have (as i reckon its earlier). If we are trading future 1st im hoping we get 5 back not 7 we will see

The only thing I can immediately think of is Gold Coast need 25 to close the Rankine deal, and AFL has basically ordered us to help them out by giving that instead of F2 for Bowes.

Considering we're getting Bowes and 7, I guess it's the least we could do. Plus help Brisbane out with more points.

Generate some goodwill all around....

I thought rankine would just be 5 and a future 3rd though..interesting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought you had to select a minimum of 3

No we are elevating 2 rookies which counts in the 3 we are only taking 2 picks (no more list spots)

25 to Gold Coast F1 for Henry hopefully

I assume the afl will insist gc get the f1 and not you for them to aporove the bowes deal. Wouldnt put it past the afl.

They can delist and redraft but it risks being a Greenwood situation.
They can but they now have 8 picks and only 4 (?) vacancies. Maybe a couple of those picks go fur Dunkley. I'm sure they know what they are doing, just seems like they have broken up their picks too much too early.

They will have to use most, if not all of them, matching bids on Ashcroft and Fletcher. Ashcroft touted as pick 1 and now some say Fletcher is a first rounder as well.
I know, but they don't currently have the list vacancies to take them to the draft. The more obvious approach would be to not split them so much and have pre-arranged live trades for when the bids come.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back