Geelong trying to lure Cameron

Remove this Banner Ad

4THAWN

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The thing is Geelong will have a relatively short premiership window. Not sure they are a destination club for the likes of Cameron.

They have some handy youngsters and will always be good developing some through but the core quality of their list is getting on.

Dangerfield at the back end, Selwood, Hawkins, not to mention Ablett. They may win this year and possibly next but they could really drop away and be uncompetitive shortly like Hawthorn. the new fools gold!!

you can't say these things about a club like Geelong, in 2 years time their list may be completely different, refreshed and right in premiership contention still.

Mar 1, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
you can't say these things about a club like Geelong, in 2 years time their list may be completely different, refreshed and right in premiership contention still.

No I can say it but I am posting online so no-one will hear it!!!

So what deal did you do with AFL HQ to get Scully for a song anyway given he never had a proper issue at GWS anyway despite what was reported?

Smartest Brain

Premiership Player
Jun 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
No I can say it but I am posting online so no-one will hear it!!!

So what deal did you do with AFL HQ to get Scully for a song anyway given he never had a proper issue at GWS anyway despite what was reported?

Scully is an athlete, not a footballer. Is he setting Hawthorn on fire the former #1 draft pick? Hawks happy to pay him? Good.

Are Essendon fans happy with Shiel becoming the biggest butcher in Melbourne? Probably not.

Are Freo fans happy with Lobb's softness? Last I heard, no.

We gave away these 3 "respected" players and won in all of them and our team in 2019 and beyond is better for it. GWS keep winning when it comes to off field stuff.

AbrahamS

Team Captain
May 2, 2019
AFL Club
GWS
So this was supposedly in the VFL papers.
a8e4dfa16d966964f5c10870ca5b14ac.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
I'd suggest 17 other clubs want those two in their colours. "Tell 'em they're dreamin."

99cents

Premiership Player
Dec 4, 2011
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Geelong Cats
Non story- pretty sure all clubs have a wishlist.
Maybe the Giants could target ratagolea?

99cents

Premiership Player
Dec 4, 2011
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Geelong Cats
********... if we want one of their players shoot higher!

Maybe kelly with a bit of Stewart thrown in for steak knives

Do you even bigfooty if you don’t shoot for the skies????
I like your style- the general point was that the Giants should go on the front foot and make ti known we are actively recruiting...

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Hi guys. Just wanted to get GWS supporter comments on whether you think GWS would be keen to trade for pick 1 if the crows get it from Carlton. Knowing you have an academy prospect that is likely to be a top 3-5 ranked player in the draft, I am thinking that if you could secure pick 1, it allows you to draft a Rowell or Anderson and then use later points to match any bid for your academy prospect allowing you to get 2 fantastic mids to add to your already talent laden group. If that is a reasonable position to assume, what do you think would be a reasonable offer for pick 1? I am getting pushback for this line of thought on our board as most just want us to take best available, however I think that for the right offer, the club would be negligent not to consider trading it?

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Hi guys. Just wanted to get GWS supporter comments on whether you think GWS would be keen to trade for pick 1 if the crows get it from Carlton. Knowing you have an academy prospect that is likely to be a top 3-5 ranked player in the draft, I am thinking that if you could secure pick 1, it allows you to draft a Rowell or Anderson and then use later points to match any bid for your academy prospect allowing you to get 2 fantastic mids to add to your already talent laden group. If that is a reasonable position to assume, what do you think would be a reasonable offer for pick 1? I am getting pushback for this line of thought on our board as most just want us to take best available, however I think that for the right offer, the club would be negligent not to consider trading it?
Wrong thread unless you mean pick one for Jezza?

The answer there is no.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

99cents

Premiership Player
Dec 4, 2011
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Geelong Cats
Also put it out there that we don't have the media going through their bins and hassling their personal lives.

Better work life balance.

Very good point- I'm sure they sell it that way to prospective free agents.
Some young players may want the added attention, but I'm sure there are players with six, eight years in the system that want a bit of breathing room, media wise.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back