Preview Geelong V Adelaide JLT Comm. Rd2 March 5 2017 1:35 pm @ Richmond Oval SA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why you marry Geelong supporters. :)
Was def a condition of marriage for me; not difficult though- first game I took my new (Kiwi) wife to was the opener early 80's with GAS and Jacko both kicking 5 or 6, and the most sports related entertainment she'd ever had. Neither of us had seen the Great Man before! And, we beat the mighty Hawks.

It will be very interesting to see if Dean Gore gets a run.

The boy has dropped off the radar entirely. I was very pleased with his first year in the VFL and had him earmarked for debut game with us in 2016.

Maybe someone who travels beyond the Geelong board has information as to where Gore is at. Maybe even an opposition supporter.
Dropped by to see whether you guys had any clues as to how strong a line up you will be fielding, looks like you're in the dark as much as we are.

On Gore, he has been incredibly disappointing. Form in the SANFL last year oscillated between invisible and mediocre. He was the only fit senior listed player drafted before pick 50 in last year's draft (I.e. besides the VERY raw kids) who wasn't in our 26 last week. It's hard to see him on our list beyond this year at this stage - if he's not best 26 when our midfield is as crippled by injury as it is now.

He will probably play this week though, and will probably have 30 touches and 3 goals just to make me look daft.

Was def a condition of marriage for me; not difficult though- first game I took my new (Kiwi) wife to was the opener early 80's with GAS and Jacko both kicking 5 or 6, and the most sports related entertainment she'd ever had. Neither of us had seen the Great Man before! And, we beat the mighty Hawks.
85 , less than 21,000 to a Gee/Haw game at VFL park. Those were the days.

Dropped by to see whether you guys had any clues as to how strong a line up you will be fielding, looks like you're in the dark as much as we are.

On Gore, he has been incredibly disappointing. Form in the SANFL last year oscillated between invisible and mediocre. He was the only fit senior listed player drafted before pick 50 in last year's draft (I.e. besides the VERY raw kids) who wasn't in our 26 last week. It's hard to see him on our list beyond this year at this stage - if he's not best 26 when our midfield is as crippled by injury as it is now.

He will probably play this week though, and will probably have 30 touches and 3 goals just to make me look daft.
lol your username and avatar :handok:

King had 1 decent year at the saints. Then he was finished. We would of gotton something back in return for blake unlike King and we had Mumford in 2009 who we would of kept if we didnt have Blake.
Notthisagain.jpg

Except that's wrong. Mumford we couldn't afford to keep and a huge offer from Sydney turned his head and we couldn't match it.
and the relevance to
Geelong V Adelaide JLT Comm. Rd2 March 5 2017 ................

and the relevance to
Geelong V Adelaide JLT Comm. Rd2 March 5 2017 ................
Don't look at me good sir, I didn't start this tangent [insert innocent face here].
I'm sure this topic has less than 6 degrees of separation to this thread so fair game imo :p

I'm amazed you still blue? Don't you understand yet, she's always right?

Just to be the good guy I am I'll give you all a tip for winning fights with the Mrs, women always change the subject in a fight when they're losing - so you'll be arguing over the initial thing you supposedly did wrong, then if you're actually getting on top in the fight with a reasonable explanation they'll change the subject to something else you did (probably bloody years ago) they remember that was bad. The trick is don't let them change from the initial subject because you're winning that point, keep saying 'no, hang on a minute we were talking/arguing about such and such which you started and wanted to talk about'... it takes discipline and most of the time they'll end up walking off and giving you the silent treatment but it's a recipe for success in the fight and at least will leave you feeling half good for once instead of feeling like a piece of shite.

So really the summary is stick to the winning subject don't let them dictate the narrative of the fight.*

*Some cunning women will change the subject to something they know riles you, something that is raw or questions you're manhood/integrity etc. don't let it phase you! It's simply an act of desperation on their behalf because they feel they're losing the argument and it's completely foreign to them, stick to the winning argument at hand.
I see you were also married to my missus before! Strange I didn't realise that!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Darcy Lang is the obvious candidate to me.

If Langs form continues id certainly hope he is bets 22. Add Cockatoo and perhaps we have the two most likely to push for a mid spot. Parfitt looks a candidate but I doubt he will be pushing into the best 22 to often this year. Id hope they get plenty of mid time this PreSeason.

We do we see Zac Guthrie playing...long term. For the next couple of years he probably will be n the gym rotation more than anywhere , but he looked like he had his brothers calm

No Sloane, B.Crouch, Seedsman, Thompson, Ellis-Yolmen for the Crows this Sunday. Being a pre-season match, it's a good opportunity to rest our usual starting mids and get a look at who best performs out of the likes of Lang, Cocky, Linc, Murdoch (?), GHS, Cowan, etc.

No Sloane, B.Crouch, Seedsman, Thompson, Ellis-Yolmen for the Crows this Sunday. Being a pre-season match, it's a good opportunity to rest our usual starting mids and get a look at who best performs out of the likes of Lang, Cocky, Linc, Murdoch (?), GHS, Cowan, etc.
I'd prefer to be working on our mid setups that we'll have during the H&A. Plenty of work to be done. Can't expect it will just click come the real stuff.

I'd prefer to be working on our mid setups that we'll have during the H&A. Plenty of work to be done. Can't expect it will just click come the real stuff.
Get the feeling cocky could kickstart something special by having a pearler against what seems to be lesser midfield opposition and build a bit of confidence. Sounds like an arrogant comment but i hope you get my point

Get the feeling cocky could kickstart something special by having a pearler against what seems to be lesser midfield opposition and build a bit of confidence. Sounds like an arrogant comment but i hope you get my point
Bitta this...

Also it was against the Crows in that NAB game in his first pre-season when he kicked that supergoal running out of the centre :cool:

Edit: catempire always beats me to it :'(

Lang and Cockatoo are the two obvious ones I would have thought.

So, are you saying that it's ok for a player to have a rubbish game (in a knockout final), because we're not quite sure if players from the reserves will be as good? That sends a strong message. We'll tolerate terrible games from our senior players because, well, just because.

Besides, I thought we had great depth. Shouldn't be a problem covering players.

Rubbish. Lang himself has stated he had a terrible year last year. Why would you select him in such a clash? In the lead up to this, he played in the seniors in round 12, 16 and 22. In those he had 11, 8 and 18 possessions.

In the lead up to finals, blitz had 17, 24 and 20 leading up to that Sydney game. Also in those averages of 10 hitouts, 5 tackles.

You're kidding yourself if Lang was up to speed. I like Lang, but throwing names about that they were ready and could generate 20 possessions, 5 tackles, 10 hitouts. Just can't do it.

Now do you want to run the same ruler over Cocky?

Not every player is going to be 100% on their game every game.

Well that is a surprise for me. Gore started well, his first year was good. He covered the ground well, got to contests and worked well inside. Lacked top end pace but otherwise looked a good prospect. Hope he does play this weekend - will be interesting.

Rubbish. Lang himself has stated he had a terrible year last year. Why would you select him in such a clash? In the lead up to this, he played in the seniors in round 12, 16 and 22. In those he had 11, 8 and 18 possessions.

In the lead up to finals, blitz had 17, 24 and 20 leading up to that Sydney game. Also in those averages of 10 hitouts, 5 tackles.

You're kidding yourself if Lang was up to speed. I like Lang, but throwing names about that they were ready and could generate 20 possessions, 5 tackles, 10 hitouts. Just can't do it.

That's very nice. You asked who I would nominate and I told you. If you don't like that it's not my problem.

I agree Boris.
We already know Dangerfield can jump into the thick of it without missing a beat.
Hopefully he is rested, or plays just a half of the game.

I'd play Horlin-Smith in his place and I'd like to see Lang given most of the time in the center of the square.

That should definitely be the plan for JLT3. That said I can see Danger not wanting a rest here and Joel will play also, this match I'd like to see Lang and Cockatoo in particular get some more mid time again. Try and build their confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back