Preview Geelong v Adelaide Sun Aug 23 1:05 pm @ AO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good on them, who cares!..Josh is fit and in form and Tom has medium support at best, he deserves better.
I can see this season falling over again when Hawkins is double teamed in the finals and all the smalls get roughed up.

Mark my words if things don't change.
It's almost like Geelong are to frightened to try something new at this stage for fear it might work and confuse themselves going into the business end of the season.Your concerns are also my concerns also, along with the ruck if Stanley falls over,we know what to expect from Sav lets look at Jenkins or even Kruger.

BEEN SAYING THIS ALL WEEK
Tex 200
AO
Crows due a win
Cats due a loss
Bye

A loss here would not surprise me one iota. We may be easily the better team, but we need to be really committed to play our best, and any dropoff will see the Crows get up. And being 22 humans, I think our boys do not see this game as the challenges the past 3 weeks have offered.
You would say that. Cats are not due a loss. It’s not like we have been struggling to win, relying on too few to get us over the line, looking lethargic or showing complacency.

It is.
It's almost like Geelong are to frightened to try something new at this stage for fear it might work and confuse themselves going into the business end of the season.Your concerns are also my concerns also, along with the ruck if Stanley falls over,we know what to expect from Sav lets look at Jenkins or even Kruger.

This is what usually happens, l can see it coming a mile away, the usual end of the season train wreck, then these guys generally take it out on Menegola for not starring.
It's getting wierd how this just never changes, the paranoia to change l mean, even though this has all happened before, Hawkins isolated and the smalls swamped.
Maybe Barrett's just trying to make them see the wood as well as the trees.
But nuh!

Good on them, who cares!..Josh is fit and in form and Tom has medium support at best, he deserves better.
I can see this season falling over again when Hawkins is double teamed in the finals and all the smalls get roughed up.

Mark my words if things don't change.
had support in Ratugolea - form good
No ‘support’ - form phenomenal

Whatever just watch this all fall over if they rest on their laurels, what's that film where every days the same?
What? We are doing something different. Playing Sav Or another key forward would be the same as last year. Which way do you want it?

This is what usually happens, l can see it coming a mile away, the usual end of the season train wreck, then these guys generally take it out on Menegola for not starring.
It's getting wierd how this just never changes, the paranoia to change l mean, even though this has all happened before, Hawkins isolated and the smalls swamped.
Maybe Barrett's just trying to make them see the wood as well as the trees.
But nuh!
Why not wait and see how it unfolds instead of catastrophising? We have made substantive changes each week and the proof is in the eating of the pudding....

Our highest score of the season was round 2 vs Hawks at GMHBA - one not very good team against a s**t team. And no goals from either Hawkins or Ratugolea

Our next 3 best scores are 90, 93 & 91 scored in the last 3 matches when we have gone in with Hawkins as the main target, and support from others like Rohan & Miers

During these 3 games Hawkins has kicked 14 goals, compared with 16 goals in his other 9 games this year; add in support from Rohan with 7 goals the last 2 games, Miers chipping in with 4 against North, and regular contributions from our midfielders, it would seem that our forward line is functioning as well as it has all season. The other noticeable thing during this period is that we seem to be functioning better across the ground & have good team balance

I don't doubt that we'll see Ratugolea or Jenkins given a run during the home stretch, but that will also impact the team balance around the ground & not just forward line

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What? We are doing something different. Playing Sav Or another key forward would be the same as last year. Which way do you want it?

You keep saying Sav, it's like you're frightened Jenkins might succeed.
Sav not a natural forward like Jenkins is, he's been hybidized and his form was pretty ordinary even poor anyway.
As l said we will probably shoot ourselves in the foot again, it's like Ground Hog Day at a footy club.
I'm pretty much over it but the nonsense over Barretts comment was just a bit much.
Anyway nuff from me said my say.

Yes i feel the same and think we have done this before, we go in a shell the closer the finals get...would have liked to see Freddie show what is has got this is the game to try things

You keep saying Sav, it's like you're frightened Jenkins might succeed.
Sav not a natural forward like Jenkins is, he's been hybidized and his form was pretty ordinary even poor anyway.
As l said we will probably shoot ourselves in the foot again, it's like Ground Hog Day at a footy club.
I'm pretty much over it but the nonsense over Barretts comment was just a bit much.
Anyway nuff from me said my say.
I keep saying sav do I? Find one other post...please. Don’t make s**t up.

BEEN SAYING THIS ALL WEEK
Tex 200
AO
Crows due a win
Cats due a loss
Bye
A loss here would not surprise me one iota. We may be easily the better team, but we need to be really committed to play our best, and any dropoff will see the Crows get up. And being 22 humans, I think our boys do not see this game as the challenges the past 3 weeks have offered.
Its f##king freezing and a bit wet here ATM .
Hope the Boys haven't got too used to playing in sunny GC. Might be a factor.
Hope Manygoala, Guthrie etc packed long sleeves !

Isn’t it increasingly likely that Tex will be cut this year? So he might be in his last 3 or 4 games for them. Poor Tex. heart and soul player for Adel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I'm quite sure he has busted his gut for the Crows, but he does not come across well. Power Rangers anyone?

While I do agree,I just can’t see the crows beating us under any circumstances. I’ve watched them play a few times this year and they are absolutely terrible.
More likely to lose the bulldogs game.
That's what many are saying.
From round 13 2019, Tigers were undefeated. We don't have to lose a game, but really, only the very mentally tough teams can do that. We shall see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back