Preview Geelong V Brisbane Thu Jun 24 720 pm @ Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im with you Vdubs but to balance that we need to drop a tall defender - Kolo or Henry and on exposed form that’s Kolo?
Not necessarily, Henry could play elsewhere, like Duncan's role, and Kolo will stay in defence.

Every rotation is precious today I'm not sure if the coaching staff would go for that.
Sav and Stanley could work that out.
Seems like my wishes are not what other supporters or the club wants, but thought I'd put it out there.

why not rotate them off the bench so they are both fresh and ready for ruck work and around the ground followers?

Depends how often your going to rotate them on & off - with an interchange cap of 70, if one's playing the first half of the quarter and the other the second half then it's only using 4 interchanges on the ruck. But if rotating them more often than that, are we starting to use too many interchanges on the one position?

The other thing to consider is that both guys average 70%+ TOG, and that suggests that they don't need extended periods of time on the bench to freshen up. Stanley's average would actually be closer to 75/80% TOG if not for his last 2 games - the Sydney match where he was benched in the last for his poor performance, and against Collingwood, where even though he was the dominant ruck he only had 64% TOG which is his lowest since round 21, 2018 a game in which he was injured

Don't think we can realistic look at the bench is being the default option for the "resting" ruck and need to have other options

There's no reason why Ratugolea can't return to the VFL to develop and work on his game, his ruck craft, disposals etc - I want to see Ratugolea succeed, but I'm struggling to point to something from his 6 games to date this season as being a reason to keep him in the side

Depends how often your going to rotate them on & off - with an interchange cap of 70, if one's playing the first half of the quarter and the other the second half then it's only using 4 interchanges on the ruck. But if rotating them more often than that, are we starting to use too many interchanges on the one position?

The other thing to consider is that both guys average 70%+ TOG, and that suggests that they don't need extended periods of time on the bench to freshen up. Stanley's average would actually be closer to 75/80% TOG if not for his last 2 games - the Sydney match where he was benched in the last for his poor performance, and against Collingwood, where even though he was the dominant ruck he only had 64% TOG which is his lowest since round 21, 2018 a game in which he was injured

Don't think we can realistic look at the bench is being the default option for the "resting" ruck and need to have other options

There's no reason why Ratugolea can't return to the VFL to develop and work on his game, his ruck craft, disposals etc - I want to see Ratugolea succeed, but I'm struggling to point to something from his 6 games to date this season as being a reason to keep him in the side
You might need to give him 12 weeks anyway.
70% each TOG is fine

This is tough but if there's a question over Hawkins then Stanley in and Sav to play deep where it's less likely he shanks them.

I was all for Duncan out Clark in until I realised that with Hendo back MOC will go run with Neale.

So best case I guess Henderson in for Duncan, worst case add in a Stanley for Hawkins swap.

Out: Duncan, Hawkins, Higgins

In: Clark, Henderson, Stanley

I’m actually terrified to see how we’ll look without Hawkins and more specifically how we’ll look a) going into F50 from midfield and b) our forward line structure. He is structurally our most important player by far as we all know.

I'm hoping they do a bit of work with the boys in regard to situational awareness to our goal when the clock is almost siren.
It's happened a bit this year, bringing the ball in, and whilst it's easy sitting in front of the telly, it's frustrating and may cost us a game.

After Menegola kicked his last quarter goal he pointed to his pretend watch asking someone how much time was left and was told four minutes (it was 04.16). Probably still burning from his unallowed (siren) shot on goal earlier, when he was supposedly advised by other players (Sel?) but apparently couldn't hear. Get with the program I say, if there is one, surely they can look up?
It's the same in the VFL where you have sidelined players waiting to come on and they are jumping up and down screaming trying to get the replacements attention, to no avail. Reminds me of little league.

Having said that, Sel, Guthrie and Issy, Rohan had their skates on successfully against the clock.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out: Duncan, Hawkins, Higgins

In: Clark, Henderson, Stanley

I’m actually terrified to see how we’ll look without Hawkins and more specifically how we’ll look a) going into F50 from midfield and b) our forward line structure. He is structurally our most important player by far as we all know.

Losing Hawkins+Duncan takes a hell of alot of cream out of the delivery into attack :(

He was pretty poor in the VFL tbh. Maybe given him another week.

Give gryan another week in the vfl given the short turnaround.
I assume higgins gets rested.

Duncan sav out hendo stanley in for me.
Clark sub.

Sav and Stanley could work that out.
Seems like my wishes are not what other supporters or the club wants, but thought I'd put it out there.

In an ideal world yes with 75 rotations no.
We nearly ran out of rotations friday night we cant park a ruck on the bench.

It can actually be a very debilitating injury- can cause severe spasms in the neck, but more importantly, pain and weakness in the upper limb.
Basically like sciatica of the arm.
Having had it, there's no way you can comfortably function, when it's acute but we don't know he actually has this injury

Some of these things that we assume should be able to cope with...but just how much restriction is fine to cope with. I think Hawk kicking go skewif when his back plays up, what would a sore neck do. Gee I had a frozen shoulder at one stage. It was hell.

Im sure he is a competitive guys and he will say he is fine. If there is any doubt ..then play Jenkins. Isn't it what he is on the list for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back