Preview Geelong V Brisbane Thu Jun 24 720 pm @ Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Hawkins does miss could we bring in Stanley to ruck and play Sav out of the square, i reckon having him busting packs in the f50 would be good to watch especially with the likes of Cameron, Rohan and Danger around him, hit them hard and make them hurt.

If Hawkins does miss could we bring in Stanley to ruck and play Sav out of the square, i reckon having him busting packs in the f50 would be good to watch especially with the likes of Cameron, Rohan and Danger around him, hit them hard and make them hurt.
I don't think he has that meanness in him wish he did

I guess the troubling factor is that after 6 wins on the trot the club becomes due to drop one. It happens all the time. But if Geelong wants to finish in the top 2 then they can't afford to lose any at this point. The bulldogs are vulnerable this week for another loss. If the cats can win and the doggies lose, we will go into an outright second spot. That's worth fighting for.

Last edited:
I guess the troubling factor is that after 6 wins on the trot the club becomes due to drop one. It happens all the time. But if Geelong wants to finish in the top 2 then they can't afford to lose any at this point. The bulldogs are vulnerable this week for another loss. If the cats can win and the dog lose, our points on the ladder become the same.
I don't believe this "due to drop one" malarkey.

If we are flag contenders we will beat Brisbane and have a red hot crack at it.

I am a 100% believer in the 'due a loss' theory as well as external motivating factors influencing games. In fact, I tipped the Crows to beat Melbourne ('due a loss') and the Pies to beat them too (emotion of Buckley's last game).

We've won 6 in a row and 8 of our last 9 including four wins over teams that will make finals this year (WCE, Rich, Port, Dogs). After the emotion of the finish to the Dogs game I think there's every chance we are a bit flat this week and could easily find ourselves 3-4 goals down early on.

A loss here will still see us firmly entrenched in the top 4 with a number of winnable games to come (Bombers, Blues, Dockers).

I am hopeful but think this is a 50-50 at best, and I think it's a loss we could 'afford' so long as we beat the teams we should over coming weeks.

I am a 100% believer in the 'due a loss' theory as well as external motivating factors influencing games. In fact, I tipped the Crows to beat Melbourne ('due a loss') and the Pies to beat them too (emotion of Buckley's last game).

We've won 6 in a row and 8 of our last 9 including four wins over teams that will make finals this year (WCE, Rich, Port, Dogs). After the emotion of the finish to the Dogs game I think there's every chance we are a bit flat this week and could easily find ourselves 3-4 goals down early on.

A loss here will still see us firmly entrenched in the top 4 with a number of winnable games to come (Bombers, Blues, Dockers).

I am hopeful but think this is a 50-50 at best, and I think it's a loss we could 'afford' so long as we beat the teams we should over coming weeks.

Agreed. Prefer to win though then lose to a low side like Melb did against the pies and crows in the coming weeks. Sides we are unlikely to cross paths with later on. I like that our best performances are against top sides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The bulldogs are vulnerable this week for another loss. If the cats can win and the dog lose, our points on the ladder become the same.

Already the same (forty each) so if your scenario plays out we'll (obviously) go one game clear of them

Might need to get a test there mate before you can post on this board again

Don't worry, I'll be self isolating for fourteen days.

Personally I think we'll be more vulnerable against Essendon the next week. We match up well against Brisbane.
The letdown is far more likely against a middling side in very good form playing a fast paced game plan like the Bombers.
I cant see us losing to Essendon in Geelong. Or to Brisbane up there.

imo the game we lose (if any of the 4) is to freo assuming we can get into WA.

Personally I think we'll be more vulnerable against Essendon the next week. We match up well against Brisbane.
The letdown is far more likely against a middling side in very good form playing a fast paced game plan like the Bombers.
Essendon always surprise us, and cut us up with pace. But playing down here for the first times in eons is a good thing for us. Most of their team has probably never played down here.

I note that we leaked a lot of shitty ground-ball goals against the Dogs. It was uncharacteristic of us. But again it points to an issue in our back half. The weakest link by far is Kolo and at some stage they will surely at least look at an option. Due diligence and all that.....

We don't know whether Hendo and Hawkins will be fit, though I expect Hawkins to play. I'd like to see Clark back in. I watched some VFL and Mieirs didn't seem to get near the ball. Anyway who would he replace, as Close is now well established in the team?

I note that we leaked a lot of shitty ground-ball goals against the Dogs. It was uncharacteristic of us. But again it points to an issue in our back half. The weakest link by far is Kolo and at some stage they will surely at least look at an option. Due diligence and all that.....

We don't know whether Hendo and Hawkins will be fit, though I expect Hawkins to play. I'd like to see Clark back in. I watched some VFL and Mieirs didn't seem to get near the ball. Anyway who would he replace, as Close is now well established in the team?
Miers could replace Higgins in the forward line. Higgins's spot either might not be secure or he could be taking Duncan's role. So from the weekend's initial 22 it might be out: Duncan, Narkle and in: Higgins, Miers. Don't think it happens this week though. But on exposed form this season Miers is in a large group that could fill out the 22 or be just outside it. Higgins, Narkle, Atkins, Dahlhaus etc are others in there, possibly Clark too who probably is a good chance to get a run this weekend. Close I think should be solidly best 22 unless his form drops.

Miers could replace Higgins in the forward line. Higgins's spot either might not be secure or he could be taking Duncan's role. So from the weekend's initial 22 it might be out: Duncan, Narkle and in: Higgins, Miers. Don't think it happens this week though. But on exposed form this season Miers is in a large group that could fill out the 22 or be just outside it. Higgins, Narkle, Atkins, Dahlhaus etc are others in there, possibly Clark too who probably is a good chance to get a run this weekend. Close I think should be solidly best 22 unless his form drops.

Miers only had 15 disposals in the VFL last week. He's played one game since breaking his leg. He'll be in the VFL for the next month.

Kolodjashnij has to go out and address his committment. He's currently wearing an ethereal skirt.

I've been a supporter of Kolo but he was bad on the weekend. That being said, Bruce (198cm, 97kg) is a lot bigger than Kolo (193cm, 94kg).

Hey guys, I made a promo vid between Brisbane and Geelong this Thursday night.

I hope you all enjoy. Going through the footage it actually surprised me how much of a rivalry we have against the Lions at the moment. Hopefully we can get a win

Awesome mate. Love the videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back