Preview Geelong V Brisbane Thu Jun 24 720 pm @ Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
expecting some flare ups in this game. Joel & Robbo, O'Connor to Neale or some other player. Their midfield has been bullied by the cats in recent times, so they will want to make a statement. Mathieson might get on the angry pills and touch up a few cats...?

Umm diD you see touhys tackle on the bont? Best tackle for the match.
I agree it was. And I really like him as a player but maybe think he’s more suited to a wing. I’m more thinking back to the Port game where he failed to lay tackles twice on Rozee and didn’t go 3rd man up in a couple marking contests he was around that Dixon clunked when he probably should of. Given that’s probably his role to stay down for the ground ball and Rozee had a blinder so I shouldn’t criticise too much.

I think the point Seeds is making is that logic says that there must be a 'bottom 8' unless all 30 are identically talented and in equal form.
That's assuming they all play the same role.

From my POV, both Sav and Stanley are best 22. Stanley will play against the top of the line rucks (Gawn etc), Sav will play the other games. Even though they will be interchangeable, the roles they play on matchday will be vastly different. So it's not that simple (never is)

Bullshit you'd make a better football selector, I never said Kolo shouldn't be in side but comparing him on any scale with Stewart is borderline stupidity but I will say one thing though Ricketz and that is Kreuger is already a better footballer than Kolo, a player I've been keen on for over the past 18 months to be fast tracked into side. I bet a great figures and stat man as your better-football-selector-self didn't see that one coming, I guess not because you more than likely don't have a 'EYE' for football talent as Cataholic indirectly alluded to.

Last edited:
Seeds point is purely to be a contrarian for the sake of it 90% of the time.
We ALL know what Scott means by that statement.
No it isn’t. My views Are because they are my views. Not because they are against popular opinion. When I agree with popular view I support the popular view. Because that’s my view.

I don’t know what Scott means by the statement. Can you explain? How could you possibly have 30 top 22.

No it isn’t. My views Are because they are my views. Not because they are against popular opinion. When I agree with popular view I support the popular view. Because that’s my view.

I don’t know what Scott means by the statement. Can you explain? How could you possibly have 30 top 22.

My interpretation is that there are 30 to pick a side from and who makes it depends on who we are playing , required match ups , who needs a rest, injuries and form - best 22 will vary from week to week. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's assuming they all play the same role.

From my POV, both Sav and Stanley are best 22. Stanley will play against the top of the line rucks (Gawn etc), Sav will play the other games. Even though they will be interchangeable, the roles they play on matchday will be vastly different. So it's not that simple (never is)

Good points. The proverbial deckchairs.

I didn't say Mieirs is not best 22; in fact he probably is, though I dispute he's a genuine "gun" just yet. In fact he made several costly errors in the finals last year.

I said that it's preemptive - fixes the future before it's happened - to baldly state in a press conference that he's best 22. Arguably it could encourage complacency (MIeirs) while discouraging others who are trying to establish themselves. The team is still a work in progress and Mieirs is in a mix of 6 or 7 players competing for forward spots.

"Best 22" is a fairly definitive statement. I'd prefer "important player" or "key player" which acknowledge the player while not pre-empting how the team will evolve moving forward - we do want to win the flag don't we?

Good points. The proverbial deckchairs.
I just quickly went through the list I came up with 18 locks,the rest to come from a short list of 10 before I got to the likes of Constable Jenkins Zuthrie Fort Evans.
So yeah it's around 30 with their hat in the ring.

I just quickly went through the list I came up with 18 locks,the rest to come from a short list of 10 before I got to the likes of Constable Jenkins Zuthrie Fort Evans.
So yeah it's around 30 with their hat in the ring.

I'd be surprised if Scott had genuine plans for anymore than about 25 for the business end of the season personally. There will be a bit of jockeying between Higgins/Dahl/Miers/Close and Sav/Stanley but everyone else will be locks if fit I think. I'd say he would have zero intention of playing Narkle, Clark in finals let alone those other 5 players named.

He's clearly supporting his players through public comments, probably feels that's one way to get the best out of them.

I'd be surprised if Scott had genuine plans for anymore than about 25 for the business end of the season personally. There will be a bit of jockeying between Higgins/Dahl/Miers/Close and Sav/Stanley but everyone else will be locks if fit I think. I'd say he would have zero intention of playing Narkle, Clark in finals let alone those other 5 players named.
Interesting I had all those names in my list of 10 outside of the locks plus Atkins and Simpson .

Interesting I had all those names in my list of 10 outside of the locks plus Atkins and Simpson .

Yeah you could probably add Simpson to the Higgins/Dahl/Miers/Close group as I forgot him completely, bad timing with injuries for him.

While I wouldn't have Atkins as a lock I think CS is more likely to take the extra defender than extra forward in a selection call and they will keep the backline as is (+ Henderson from last week), particularly if they go back to using MoC as tagger when he is match fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back